News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for jayindapub

Member Name: jayindapub
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: nicest b'way actor
 Aug 26 2007, 11:37:10 PM
I saw the matinee performance of Rent on August 1, and Anthony Rapp came out after and stayed outside for almost an hour signing autographs and taking pictures! He didn't stop till he got to everyone it was amazing to see.

Also Jenn Gambatese and most of the All Shook Up cast when I saw them three years ago. Also most of The Color Purple cast talked and posed for pics and stuff after the show. I love them!!!

re: Good smaller/intimate shows! Please Help!
 Aug 26 2007, 12:12:13 PM
Lightguy, Pippin is one of those shows where if it is put into the wrong hands can be completely disastrous, but when done right it is spectacular.

How about You're A Good Man Charlie Brown? Fun music, simple story!

re: goofy's reviews: RENT, XANADU, SA, POPPINS, ACL, LB
 Aug 26 2007, 11:21:06 AM
It really sucks that Adam rarely comes out from the stage door. But one of my friends claimed he came out one night 2 weeks ago. Glad you had fun Goofy!!!!!!
re: Finally Saw The Color Purple...
 Aug 26 2007, 10:44:20 AM
Where are you now and how long will you be away? Any other shows you recommend, Obsessed?
 Aug 26 2007, 01:59:56 AM
jay I completely agree with you about Drowsy Chaperone being dull compared to The Color Purple. I really need to see Fantasia. I love Elisabeth too.

--------------------------------------------------------

Please do yourself a favor and see Fantasia. Plus Fantasia and Elisabeth have such great chemistry.

I will admit that I thought the 2nd act did drag at a few parts, but all in all, it is a great show.

re: Good smaller/intimate shows! Please Help!
 Aug 26 2007, 01:51:22 AM
Pippin would be a great one. My college performed it in our black box a few years ago and it was awesome, fit perfectly in an intimate setting.

Also add:

-Songs For A New World
-Cabaret

Aug 25 2007, 09:12:11 PM
There's no comparison between Drowsy and TCP. NONE! LOL. And I agree that Elisabeth is freaking amazing!
re: Lottery and Rush
 Aug 25 2007, 09:04:19 PM
I did The Color Purple Rush last Wednesday, and we got there around 7:30 and there were like 8 or 9 people in front of us. So it wasn't too bad but the line started to really get growing around 8-ish, so I guess anytime before 8 would be ok?
re: Fantasia Barrino at COLOR PURPLE tonight...
 Aug 25 2007, 08:54:14 PM
I was laughing too when I found out Fantasia would be on Broadway, but boy was I wrong.
 Aug 25 2007, 02:37:21 AM
I got to the box office at around 7:30 and me and my friends were like the 8th or 9th people in line.
re: The Color Purple starring Fantasia - 8/24/07
 Aug 25 2007, 02:34:39 AM
Yes, you are so right Tobias! She really left me speechless because she was that amazing. She really made the character herself and I forgot I was watching "Fantasia". I was bawling like a big baby during her "I'm Here". I've actually been watching the Tony performance on repeat since I saw the show on Wednesday. Please everyone get yourself a ticket to see this woman, you will not be disappointed!
re: Seeing a show tomorrow night...
 Aug 24 2007, 12:23:59 PM
Thanks to everyone who helped. I ended up getting Rush tickets for The Color Purple and we ended up in front row. And when we got to the line, it was about 7:30-ish.
re: No more plays on Broadway...
 Aug 24 2007, 12:11:05 PM
Someone else said it perfectly, it all boils down to money. People are more willing to shell out money for something that they know will leave them fulfilled at the end. Maybe if Broadway all around slashed some of their prices people would be willing to invest in new plays as well as new and undiscovered musicals.
re: Color Purple/Fantasia question
 Aug 24 2007, 11:56:54 AM
Fantasia was there for both the Wednesday matinee and evening show! And she was nothing short of amazing.
Broadway On Broadway!
 Aug 24 2007, 10:57:15 AM
Does anyone know what weekend Broadway on Broadway is this year? I definitely want to see it!
Finally Saw The Color Purple...
 Aug 24 2007, 10:55:09 AM
On Wednesday I got Rush Tickets for The Color Purple. Five of my friends and I ended up getting front row seats and I had such an amazing experience. Fantasia was nothing short of a revelation. I had no idea that not only she could tear the roof off the place vocally like that, but her acting was incredible. I would have never have believed this was her Broadway debut.

The overall show was really good. The entire cast did a spectacular job. The highlights definitely included Natasha Yv

Aug 22 2007, 12:52:54 AM
Thanks for everything. So no SR for Xanadu?!
 Aug 21 2007, 06:08:29 PM
Thanks for your suggestions everyone!

Anyone else?

re: Dream Cast for film Version of Aida
 Aug 21 2007, 06:07:47 PM
Aida: I say cast an unknown who can SAAAAAAAAAANG and tear the roof down with her acting.

Radames: James Marsden, Jake Gyllenhall or even Cheyenne Jackson (Isn't he trying to transition into film permanently?)

Amneris: Brittany Murphy, Christina Aguilera, Anne Hathaway

Mereb: Corbin Blu or an unknown.

Nehebeka: Brandy

re: Indecision - Please help
 Aug 21 2007, 05:18:49 PM
I saw Adam and Anthony on Aug. 1, and it was an amazing experience, but if I had the option I would have chosen to see something else. So my vote goes for Spring Awakening and Xanadu!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You