News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MaxVonMayerling2

MaxVonMayerling2 Profile Photo
Member Name: MaxVonMayerling2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: I saw Elaine Paige in concert last night.......  Oct 25 2008, 11:46:11 AM
Glad you enjoyed Elaine in concert.
I have to agree with everything you wrote. She's an amazing artist and one hell of a live performer.
Saw her several times in concerts and in shows and she always gave more than 120% of herself and her soul in every song.
"Cry Me A River" by Paige is probably the best interpretation that I've ever heard and "if You Love Me" (from Piaf) is a class of its own.
VIVA LA PAIGE!

re: Best Stage Door Experiences  Oct 14 2008, 03:38:28 PM
By the far best experience was meeting the wonderful Rosie Ashe after a performance of "The Killer Soprano" (her solo show). Such a fine, gentle and lovely lady!
I've talked with her for nearly 30 minutes about almost everything: her wonderful career and about creating Carlotta for Lloyd Webber's "Phantom".

re: Who do you think was the best Mama Rose?  Jun 22 2008, 07:11:37 AM
Betty Buckley
Best Musical Song for fitness training?  May 1 2008, 06:37:33 AM
Ok it may sound weird but when I'm working out I love to listen to some show tunes like

"She love to hear the music" from THE BOY FROM OZ
"I Go To Rio" from THE BOY FROM OZ
"Holding Out For A Hero" from FOOTLOOSE
"Everything's Coming Up Roses" from GYPSY
"Schadenfreude" from AVENUE Q

Do you have any favorite tracks?

re: Who has the perfect, pure voice?  May 1 2008, 06:21:04 AM
Liz Callaway
and Brian Stokes Mitchell

re: Elaine Paige In Gypsy  Apr 28 2008, 03:20:02 AM
Please stop the "Elaine-can't-act" bashing.
She's a wonderful gifted and brilliant actress and her Norma is, by far, the very best.
I've seen her several times in London and she received a standing ovation in every production I witnessed (and you know what that mean in London!).

Sarah Jessica Parker To Star in 'Boeing Boeing' on Broadway  Feb 27 2008, 07:06:33 AM
According to imdb.com Sarah Jessica Parker is to star in 'Boeing Boeing' on Broadway.

"Sarah Jessica Parker is set to tread the boards in New York - as an Italian air hostess. The 42-year-old will take on the role of a flight attendant in the Broadway version of hit comedy Boeing Boeing, which is currently running in London. Parker will appear in the play at New York's Longacre Theatre from April - and insists she is still determined to explore a variety of roles because she doesn't want to become typecast. She says, "Everything I've done since Sex And The City ended on TV has been completely different."

http://www.imdb.com/news/wenn/2008-02-27/#3

re: Heath Ledger is Dead  Jan 22 2008, 05:39:36 PM
I'm speechless...
Only a few days after the death of Brad Renfro.
R.I.P. Heathcliff

who have you gotten stuff back from?  Jan 19 2008, 07:01:22 AM
"Just curious...has anyone gotten stuff back from anyone in AVENUE Q London??? Thanks!!! :)"

Yes I have two pictures from Julie Atherton plus a very nice note and a signed programme from Clare Foster (while the two still performed in the show).

re: Stars You Wish Would Do a Solo Album  Jan 17 2008, 06:12:01 AM
Stephanie J. Block
Norm Lewis
Jeff McCarthy
Angela Lansbury
Judi Dench
and another one from Liz Callaway!

re: Elphaba Wicked  Aug 26 2007, 04:46:04 PM
@ Charlie No-One:

Julia Murney - I'll second that!
She's fantastic as Elphaba - just love her.
I was also blown away by Kerry Ellis in the London production of WICKED.
And of course there's Stephanie J Block who's always devine.

re: Lea Salonga Reviews in Les Miz Revival  Aug 26 2007, 04:41:34 PM
Lea's currently on vacation, but I'm sure there will be plenty more reviews to come.
re: Just Cast a 'REAL' Woman as Edna already.  Aug 23 2007, 04:33:58 PM
John Waters wrote the role of Edna originally for famed transsexual Christine Jorgensen. However, when the role of Tracy had to be rewritten, John Waters also rewrote the role of Edna in order to keep his friend and muse Divine in the production
(according to imdb)

Also we have to keep in mind the pictures of Michael Ball are all AFTER his "transformation".
We don't know yet what he'll look in the very beginning.

re: Why Wasn't Antonio Banderas Offered the Role of Guido Contini?  Aug 22 2007, 01:03:05 PM
"I heard he wouldn't do it unless Melanie was offered a role as well."

YIKES!
What part should she play anyway ? Banderas mother?!

re: Kristen Bell on Legally Blonde, Heroes, Veronica Mars and More  Aug 22 2007, 12:56:22 PM
She's so cute, witty and funny and I just adored her in "Veronica Mars". Hope to see her on Broadway real soon.
re: oh my (RENT in London)  Aug 22 2007, 09:27:44 AM
Oliver Thornton is drop dead gorgeous!

re: Joan Rivers theater project to workshop in San Francisco  Aug 22 2007, 09:05:51 AM
I just love Joan Rivers! Her one woman show was hilarious.
Just for the heck of it.. here's a line from "An audience with Joan Rivers" (which she taped for Britsih TV):

[reading a list of celebrities who couldn't make it that night]
Joan Rivers: Paris Hilton - she's doing a new reality show: I'm a Celebrity, Get Him Out of Me... Joan Collins - she's at the British museum being carbon dated, I understand that. Oh, come on, "She's very young" Please! I remember when that bitch wa

re: Michael Ball as Edna PICTURE!!!!  Aug 22 2007, 09:00:57 AM
"If they make a new cast recording, I'll buy three!"

I'll second that!

re: Photos: Deuce Closes on Broadway  Aug 22 2007, 08:57:05 AM
Thank you so much for sharing the pictures, looks like a real emotional curtain call.
re: Michael Ball as Edna PICTURE!!!!  Aug 22 2007, 08:33:41 AM
Wow he really looks fantastic!
What a beauty!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You