News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for PotO2

PotO2 Profile Photo
Member Name: PotO2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Is Little Mermaid worth seeing?
 Apr 23 2009, 12:59:43 AM
But there are also a lot of people who don't see theater that often who still enjoy it. Don't take anyone's opinion as fact, because you may end up missing out on something you otherwise might have enjoyed.
re: Is Little Mermaid worth seeing?
 Apr 22 2009, 03:02:55 PM
I would go, if only to form your own opinion of the show. It seems that nobody can decide on a general opinion- some absolutely love it, and there are some who thought it was the worst thing they'd ever seen.

I for one enjoyed it a lot and would recommend it to most people, especially fans of the movie. Sure, it wasn't the best thing I've seen and it isn't without it's issues, but it was definitely entertaining. I'd say go, but then again, it's hard to predict whether someone will like

re: Little Mermaid - Best it could HAVE been?
 Jul 21 2008, 01:29:31 PM
Really, like some other people, I believe the main problem in this show was the story line. I didn't have any gripes with the costumes, and the sets weren't too bad (if a little bland), but the story line of Act II is where it falls flat.

I have no idea why they didn't include Vanessa in the story line. It would have fit perfectly. It would have gotten rid of the shallow (no pun intended) storyline, making this show much better in my opinion. I did enjoy the climax, but I still agree t

re: Have you ever left at intermission?
 May 3 2008, 05:14:38 PM
I just can't understand leaving at intermission, no matter how bad a show is. I mean, you've payed the money already, you might as well stay 'till the end.
re: A song that you hate in a musical you love
 Apr 18 2008, 10:33:24 AM
"Momma Look Sharp" 1776
"A Heaty Full of Love" Les Miserables
"Bring Him Home" Les Miserables
"Something Bad" Wicked
"Schadenfreude" Avenue Q
"You Can Be as Loud as the Hell You Want" Avenue Q

re: Opinions on the Little Mermaid?
 Apr 4 2008, 01:10:29 AM
I loved it, and I think it's a great show. Not the best I've ever seen, but it's a very entertaining and enjoyable experience.
re: Favorite TLM Underwater quips....
 Mar 12 2008, 10:32:12 AM
Must you Mermaid haters really bash the show in every single Mermaid thread, regardless if it has anything to do with the topic subject? We've heard your opinion. Not everybody agrees with you.

Anyway, my favorite lyric is probably, "It so happens that your daughter signed a contract. Even drew a little heart above the 'I'."

re: Question about Little Mermaid Cast Recording
 Mar 8 2008, 11:26:11 PM
Wow Bobby, nothing you said in that post had anything to do with what this topic is about. Congratulations.

About the noise, I still haven't noticed it. If I haven't noticed it yet, I'm not going to go looking for it.

re: Little Mermaid OBR Sells 20,000 First Week
 Mar 6 2008, 07:46:36 PM
True, people probably just wanted another recording of their favourite princess movie!

Or, dare I say it, people could actually have a different opinion than you and enjoyed it! What a concept!

re: The Little Mermaid CD Release Party @ World of Disney Store TOMORROW!!!
 Feb 26 2008, 07:58:22 PM
Yes, we're all just aching to see men in clamshell bras. :P
re: Clumsy goes Under The Sea with The Little Mermaid--- 2-16-08 2pm Matine
 Feb 17 2008, 12:41:47 AM
Very well written review! I'm glad you enjoyed the show! Looking forward to the pictures.
re: At MERMAID and...
 Feb 17 2008, 12:36:57 AM
Well I'm glad you didn't um...hate the show! :p It's too bad you didn't like the costumes or sets though (the costumes, minus Scuttle's and Flounders, were one of my favorite aspects of the show).

About children at shows, I agree with what has been said. I really can't believe that some parents bring children under six to a Broadway show! It can sometimes really take away from the show. I can't see how parents would ever think that that was a good idea...

re: Heath Ledger is Dead
 Jan 22 2008, 06:13:28 PM
That's so sad! He was a great actor, and a good person. It also sucks that he'll never get to see the completely finished product of The Dark Knight.

As you can see by my avatar, I'm kind of looking forward to his Joker.

re: Gifts to give actors
 Jan 20 2008, 02:28:29 PM
@Jane

I think it's just because some want to thank the actors for their work and show that they are appreciated. Sure, they could just buy a ticket to the show and clap really loudly, but some want to do more than that.

I'm not saying it's right, but that's what some people do.

re: Your first musical
 Jan 19 2008, 07:18:12 PM
I have no idea what or when I saw my first musical (I've been seeing them all of my life). It was probably something like Music Man, Oklahoma, or Fiddler on the Roof.

The first Broadway show I saw was The Phantom of the Opera at the Majestic Theatre in New York when I was 13.

re: Gifts to send actors
 Jan 18 2008, 12:13:51 AM
No, what I meant by just that, is ONLY that.
 Jan 17 2008, 11:16:03 PM
Then why didn't you say just that?
 Jan 17 2008, 10:47:18 PM
Really though, I think that you guys should have at least tried to give geebee ideas.

He didn't ask "Should I send a gift to this one actor I know?", he asked what he should send. He obviously wanted to send them a gift, so you should have just told him what to send. Maybe his money would be wasted, but at least you would have helped him by doing what he originally asked.

re: Jaystarr's 10/10 Report on THE LITTLE MERMAID with stage door pics (wit
 Jan 16 2008, 06:37:48 PM
That's what I thought, I was just checking. People have called the tryout in Denver "previews" so I wasn't sure if he was one of those people.

Also (forgot to mention this in the first post), great review jaystarr! It was nice to see such a well written review. I also think it is commendable that you were able to go in with an open mind, with all of the different opinions!

indiana's wikipedia compilation
 Jan 16 2008, 06:32:37 PM
Click here to enter this special WICKED contest.

I keep clicking, but it doesn't do any good!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You