News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for colorsblend

colorsblend Profile Photo
Member Name: colorsblend
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

RENT Live on Fox
 Feb 4 2019, 02:46:21 PM

I'm pretty positive Without You was in the movie. It's definitely on the movie soundtrack. Part of Goodbye Love was not in the movie, however.

One Act / No Intermission
 Jun 25 2018, 12:09:19 AM

Personally, I prefer shows that have an intermission. Maybe it's just because that's the norm, but it feels weird without one. 

Out of curiosity, where was the intermission for Fun Home when it had one?

What shows have you walked out on?
 May 24 2018, 08:40:35 PM

Never walked out on a show, but I did nod off during The Addams Family serval times. ugh.

JCS Live In Concert soundtrack released 4/6
 Apr 6 2018, 11:44:47 PM

Ended up just getting it on iTunes. While I do wish it had been a studio recording, I am enjoying the live recording a lot!

JCS Live In Concert soundtrack released 4/6
 Apr 6 2018, 12:33:53 PM

Anyone know if it's going to be on Spotify? I can't find anything when I google it.

If you could revive any Broadway flop?
 Mar 28 2018, 11:31:28 PM

American Psycho

Groundhog Day

Listening to Cast Albums before seeing a Musical for the firIst time
 Mar 22 2018, 03:47:00 AM

I can only think of two shows where I hadn't hear the music beforehand (Hairspray and Legally Blonde). But both were part of group trips, not something I personally chose to see (enjoyed both of them). Maybe if I lived in New York and saw shows more often I'd go in blind?

Steven Spielberg, keep ben Platt away from the west side story remake
 Mar 18 2018, 11:28:59 PM

Honestly, I think he sounds incredible. Not sure if I see him in the role though. I actually like the idea of Ansel Elgort as Tony.

What Are Five Broadway Songs Guaranteed to Make You Cry?
 Sep 28 2017, 07:20:56 PM

Who Lives Who Dies - Hamilton

So Anyway - Next to Normal

Dust and Ashes - Great Comet

She Used to Be Mine - Waitress

For Good - Wicked

Goodbye Until Tomorrow/I Could Never Rescue You - The Last 5 Years

Those You've Known - Spring Awakening

Rank the Tony performances
 Jun 12 2017, 01:44:36 AM

1. The Great Comet

2. Bandstand

3. Dear Evan Hansen

4. Groundhog Day

5. War Paint

6. Hello, Dolly!

7. Falsettos

Missed CFA and Miss Saigon.

Great Comet recording
 May 20 2017, 11:25:05 PM

willep said: "That's because it is a different actor. I personally prefer Blake Delong on the original recording, his Bolkonsky was more scary while Nicholas Belton's is played more for laughs. And I just prefer his Andrew as well.

"

Oops! For some reason, I thought Denee and Josh Groban were the only new principals. Thanks.

Great Comet recording
 May 20 2017, 11:24:31 AM

The only Off Broadway tracks I prefer at this point are The Private and Intimate Life of the House, Natasha & Bolkonskys, and Pierre & Andrey. The two former because I like the intensity and I always laugh during the "my poor girl" part (not sure if that's their intention...but I don't care for "says the mean old man!" maybe it will grow on me)

I also just really really love the way Andrey sounds on the original Pierre & Andrey. It almost sounds

Since we know Oak Onaodowan will be the next Pierre, who would make good replacements for Natasha and Anatole?
 May 19 2017, 09:26:00 PM

BroadwayRox3588 said: "Don't laugh...but Adam Lambert as Anatole. Just a concept.

"

Yes to this. I can see it. He can definitely hit those notes.

Non-Profit Community Theatre Questions
 May 15 2017, 04:08:54 PM

Thank you, everyone, for your responses.

I will also be asking our CPA, but I wanted to hear from actual theatre companies before I start asking questions.

Non-Profit Community Theatre Questions
 May 15 2017, 11:49:22 AM

I am on the board of a local non-profit Community Theatre. We pay all of our crew and musicians stipends, but there has been discussion lately about if all of these people need to actually be considered "employees". We do three productions a year and it's not always the same people working on the shows. We give 1099s to anyone who makes over $600. How do other small theatre companies handle this?

We also used to have an Executive Director that made less than $800 a month

What are the worst musicals you ever saw
 Jun 5 2016, 12:32:16 AM

The Addams Family. Ugh. Great cast and set, terrible script and songs.

Finally saw THE ADDAMS FAMILY
 Nov 22 2010, 12:46:35 PM
I literally kept falling asleep when I saw this because I was so bored. I've never done anything like that in my life.

The sets were great, the cast was talented, but I hated the music and story so much.

makes me laugh
 Dec 22 2007, 03:46:57 PM
I ordered mine the day it came out and never got it, so a couple weeks ago I e-mailed them and they said they would send another one out and I haven't gotten that one either. :/

ETA: Spoke too soon. Just got it today. Yay.

re: Worst Broadway Audience Ever?
 Dec 10 2007, 07:25:24 PM
When I saw Spring Awakening in July there was this woman behind me (probably in her 40's at least and who I could tell had seen it at least once before) sobbing from And Then There Were None to the end of the show. It was very distracting and annoying and the man and his son next to her thought she was completely rude.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You