News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MISH2

MISH2 Profile Photo
Member Name: MISH2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 24 2024, 02:00:14 PM

https://www.facebook.com/share/X8BdtdzgfgT6ht46/?mibextid=K35XfP

Not sure if this is relevant. Paige Smallwood,1 of 2 Sally understudies, has a broken foot. 

Pineapple Room  Apr 18 2024, 03:54:45 PM

We have orchestra tickets for the April 27 matinee. Got an email advertising a “Pineapple Room” add on package, $95 per person, which includes a charcuterie box, champagne, and dessert served in the pineapple room before the performance. My question is first, of course, whether it’s worth it, and second, whether we will be missing any of the preshow entertainment by being in this private room before the show. For this package, arrival time is 12:45, in general it&r

Brian D’Arcy James - Into The Woods  Jul 13 2022, 06:35:02 PM

We were at today’s matinee. Fantastic show, what a joy. 

Brian D’Arcy James was out. Loved Jason Forbach. Great chemistry with Sara Bareilles. 

Understudies for Little Red Riding Hood and Jack as well. 

Which Digital Lotteries Have You Won Since Broadway Has Been Back ?  May 22 2022, 04:40:47 PM

After trying just about every week since it reopened, I won the Hamilton lottery for yesterday’s matinee. My 6th time seeing it, last time was 2019. 

Fabulous as ever. 

Right now I’m at Funny Girl. Intermission. Julie’s killing it. Can’t help feeling sorry for Beanie. 

Julie Benko plays FB tonight in Funny Girl  May 22 2022, 02:18:08 PM

Robbie2 said: "Anyone see Julie this weeked or going to the matinee today? Wondering how the chemistry is with Ramin?

I’m going today  😄"

Is Hamilton cancellation line still insane?  Feb 27 2018, 06:02:03 PM

To answer your question - yes, you can.  I did it today.  Walked into the box office around 11:45 and bought 2 orchestra seats, row L, for tomorrow night at face value of $229 each.

Line  Feb 27 2018, 12:31:26 PM
Thanks for the tip about the box office! I stopped in at box office around 11:30 today. No one outside. Got 2 tix row L orchestra for tomorrow night! This will be my .4th time, but 1st time for a very excited out of town friend.
HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018  Oct 20 2017, 03:15:30 PM

Nycat63 said: "Ok, I'm still highly confused by how anyone can sell or transfer their tickets. Someone on this thread had noticed a transfer option, but I don't see it. Many of us have PM'd each other to offer to sell our existing tickets to someone who wants our dates and vice versa if we are successful in getting what we want in the second release - and cooperation like that would be wonderful. However, I just looked at my tickets on the mobile app - there is no transfe

Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Seating/Pricing Thread  Oct 19 2017, 11:15:21 AM

They have definitely expanded seating for Dress Circle.  I have 5 tickets @199 for Row G on a Sunday in May, seats 119 through 123.

Resale prices are insane!  Funny part is I've never read any of the books or seen the films.  Theatergoing friends whose taste I totally trust say it's a must-see.  Of the half dozen or so of us who signed up, I was the only one with a code at the outset.  There were lots of problems with Ticketmaster, the most notable bein

Dear Evan Hansen - Mystery Seats  May 12 2017, 04:27:22 PM

Thanks to whoever mentioned the "4 day trick."  My friends and I bought 3 tickets last Sunday for last night's performance.  I was in Orchestra N seat 24 and the view was great!  So happy I got to see this show while Ben Platt is still in it.

Your First Broadway Show  Aug 3 2016, 06:37:18 PM

Cabaret with Anita Gillette.  Don't remember if Joel Grey was the Emcee - this was around 1968/1969, and I was about 13.  We went with a school theater group, and I remember our chaperones being a bit concerned that the show was  too "adult" for us!  I loved it though - totally hooked on live theater after that.  I can actually remember what I was wearing - a yellow linen dress with bell sleeves, with multicolor braid on the sleeves and hem.   Very

MY FAIR LADY Revival Back On For Next Spring?  Jul 26 2016, 10:03:52 AM

What about Emma Stone?  She was great in Cabaret, and with some vocal coaching she might pull it off. 

More importantly, she and Colin Firth had a similar pairing in Woody Allen's Magic in the Moonlight. Colin was oozing Henry Higgins in that film!

As a previous poster mentioned, I too have a half dozen friends who will travel to see him.  They all did when Colin did a Times Talk some years ago.  

i

Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?  Jul 9 2016, 07:29:01 PM

ardiem said: "I suppose I could take out a HELOC but I wouldn't be able to close in time for tonight.

"Comments like this are why I love reading this board!

Is anyone going to Hamilton on the 9th?  Jul 8 2016, 03:30:17 PM

Julie Yard said: "I imagine this last week has been sort of crazy inside the theater with the last performances of the original cast. I'd love to hear about it. And anyone going tomorrow night? I bet that's 1 hellofa show.

"Yep.  I'm going.  Because I'm going to win the lottery.  

Hamilton Cancellation Line  Jul 7 2016, 10:52:24 AM

Huss417 said: "DottieD'Luscia said: "Congratulations, Huss417!!

"

Thanks Dottie.

The two plusses for me with the extremely long line of people waiting to get in you can avoid. Just went up to the guy at the doors told him we had will call. Went right inside to the window. Guy looked at confirm and credit cards. Said Congratulations. Walked right into the theatre. Next usher said congrats

Hamilton Cancellation Line  Jul 7 2016, 07:39:17 AM

Huss417 said:

I was there tonight and Diggs was out but Jackson was in. I finally won the lottery. :)

WOW congratulations!  Gotta ask - what does a "winning" email look like?

Hamilton Cancellation Line  Jun 29 2016, 11:05:31 AM

genabasha said: "Hi all, I'm a little late coming back to this thread, I spent a lot of last week in the line. I'm really sorry to hear this business about the system not being honored, it worked so so well when i was there a few days ago. I got to see the show after 68 hours, both the line experience and the show made it so incredibly worth it and i would certainly do it again. I've documented my experience in its entirety if anyone is interested. It's long, but contains everything you need to know and more, and i think that you'll enjoy the read. I can't say how thankful all the info on here was for the past several weeks. I really appreciate it. Best of luck to everyone.

http://www.genabjones.com/hamilton-cancellation-line

Beautifully written!  I'm getting all teary-eyed myself!

MY HAMILTON CANCELLATION LINE EXPERIENCE AND HOW WE ALL GOT F***ED OVER IN THE END  Jun 26 2016, 03:11:17 PM

Nelly - I sympathize with you.  People can be a bit dismissive here for sure, but it isn't necessary to be downright mean.  What happened to you does seem extremely unfair.  It seems to me the RR is just sick of the whole cancellation line mess, which will certainly die down after July 9.  I saw the show in November, really wanted to see it again, and have been trying on and off to find reasonably priced resale tickets, and that is really no longer an option.  Hat

The Thread for HAMILTON Fans/Obsessives [SPOILERS AHEAD]  Jun 13 2016, 09:37:25 AM

all that jazz:  So I've heard it described as revolutionary etc.  What makes it revolutionary? What is that one thing about it that made you obsessed with it. 

When a friend first told me about it I said, "Rap music doesn't do it for me.  For one thing, I never understand what they're saying."  She had seen it at the Public and had was also hesitant initially.  And since our tastes in theater a

HamiltonNew Block of Tickets  Jun 13 2016, 09:14:40 AM

justherehanging said: "So did the entire run sell out last night thru May 2017? I have tried every day with no luck and just wanted to confirm I have not made an erro

Keep trying just in case TM cancels orders for any reason  

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You