News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for sparkleplenty

Member Name: sparkleplenty
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Have you ever seen a show just for the star, but hated the production?
 Aug 6 2009, 12:52:46 AM
random threads...now THERE"S something one never sees here!
re: Why I think the teenagers are flocking to Next To Normal...And why I th
 Aug 6 2009, 12:45:07 AM
Why single out teenagers? What about the adults who enjoy the show - have they all grappled with mental illness? And if not are they off the mark?
re: RAGTIME headed to Broadway!!!
 Jun 12 2009, 01:38:31 PM
"Ragtime" is one of the all time great shows. It was underappreciated in the year of "The Lion King" but certainly deserved another run. The profit question is certainly a viable one. Can a big show like "Ragtime" make money unless it's a big hit?
re: Des McAnuff: It's not non-traditional casting - it's just casting
 Jun 10 2009, 07:07:28 PM
Sometimes the ethnic casting works sometimes it's ridiculous. I saw a college production of "Who's Afraid of Virginia Woolf?" with a black Nick and it made little sense. Martha and George probably would have brought the racial issue up.
re: Remember Steven Weber from 'Wings' and 'The Shining' mini-series?
 Jun 10 2009, 07:01:47 PM
It is sad that you missed "Wings" a pretty consistently funny sit com. But I guess you're really just bragging that you're a THEATRE person and therefore wouldn't be watching television.
re: 'Hair' Number on the Tony Awards
 Jun 10 2009, 06:53:45 PM
Maybe it was just YOUR family members, those smelly cousins, that stank - don't blame it on the so-called 'hippies don't bathe' nonsense - started by some, no doubt, smelly pro-war conservative jerks.
re: Angela Lansbury stagedoor stories
 Apr 24 2009, 01:14:27 PM
Angela is the best. Hers was the first autograph I asked for, way back when "Mame" was trying out in Boston. It was one of the first shows I'd ever seen and I was knocked out by her and the show. Afterwards wandering and looking for a phone booth for a call I had to make I found myself back of the theatre where there was a small crowd - I realized why they were there and I was thrilled when out she came moments later. She signed my program and give me a warm thank you when I told her how much I'
re: Sticking Foot in Mouth When Meeting Performers
 Nov 6 2008, 04:23:54 PM
OK This is not a Broadway incident, but I met Ann Blyth once and not knowing she was a major Joan Crawford friend/supporter, I said, in a conversation with several others there about "Mildred Pierce" - "Wasn't that ironice casting in M.P.? - ( meaning - Blyth sweet in real life played nasty, and of course the opposite true of Crawford - playing devoted mother, but really Mommie Dearest) She got very frosty, very fast and said, "What do you mean by that?" I got it instantly and mumbled a backt
re: Bob Fosse is rolling over in his grave right now...
 Oct 23 2008, 03:54:28 PM
Glad to hear there is an expert here such as Choitoy on the majority of the Beyonce fanbase - apparently Choitoy is far superior in his (her?) knowledge on the matter.(Is it really necessary to put down pop fans to trumpet our own Bway knowledge?)
re: Bob Fosse is rolling over in his grave right now...
 Oct 23 2008, 03:50:29 PM
Why blame it on the young? People who are "older" can be just as uninformed and naive re: Broadway history and how Fosse felt about his work being copied. and yeah - imitation is a sincere form of flattery, Fosse copied anything that looked good, and yes Fosse loved seeing his influence in the work that followed.
re: Most Unexpected Closing Announcement
 Oct 15 2008, 03:53:22 PM
Absolutely agree about Ragtime. That Ragtime is long gone and the same season's Lion King is still selling out is sad (not that i didn't enjoy Lion King, but Ragtime was, i think, the real king of that season, in spite of the Tony award given to LK)
re: Angela Lansbury joins Blithe Spirit
 Oct 14 2008, 03:27:10 PM
Yeah, with Lansbury aboard, I'm wishing it was a production of "High Spirts"
Equus film version remake
 Oct 14 2008, 03:25:19 PM
Aside from the weird gossip that Zac Efron is "being considered" to take over for Radcliffe, I'm wondering if there has been any talk of remaking the film version, with Radcliffe repeating his stage role. I think this would be a moneymaker and would also give everyone a chance to see this performance for those who couldn't get to the stage production.
I thought the movie version with Richard Burton was ok, but the acting from the actor playing Radcliffe's role (sorry can't remember his na

re: show stoppers (the wrong kind)
 Sep 15 2008, 01:49:09 PM
I don't want to start all this up again (well covered on BWW before) but if you're talking Gypsy - please yank "Little Lamb"
re: Pal Joey's 'Lady is a Tramp'
 Jul 18 2008, 07:40:57 PM
thanks for the correction and the help.
Pal Joey's "Lady is a Tramp"
 Jul 18 2008, 07:33:02 PM
This is a confession. I've never really understood the irony of the song's lyrics. I feel pretty stupid, but can someone explain the intent of this song's words.
re: My enjoyment of...was ruined by the fans
 Jul 18 2008, 07:18:17 PM
Is the sobbing really that loud? (les miz fan reference)
 Jul 18 2008, 01:58:08 PM
Thanks, Calvin. i think that might have ruined a show for me. Especially if the material didn't seem to match the fans' rapture.(Wicked, for example, IMHO).
 Jul 18 2008, 01:36:30 PM
Interesting thread, i just wish people would go into a few details. How were the fans ruining things for them?
re: Who was the nicest Broadway actor or actress you met?
 Jul 15 2008, 05:59:38 PM
Angela Lansbury - still remember how gracious she was after performances of Mame. Kind, autograph signing endlessly and looking everyone in the eye too with a sweet comment. Never forgot her niceness.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You