News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NYtheaterfan

NYtheaterfan Profile Photo
Member Name: NYtheaterfan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

this thread is SO [title of show] cuz it [you know what] ROCKS!!!
 Sep 21 2008, 10:18:50 PM
The great people at supertossers made a petition to try to get [title of show] on Ellen. Even though the chances of it happening are slim, let's give it a shot!

Here's the link for the petition: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/petition/219625361

re: When did it become acceptable for the audience to scream during a perfo
 Sep 21 2008, 08:39:42 PM
Screaming during shows bothers me as well. It's fine to scream and cheer all you want during curtain call, but it really ruins the mood when people scream during the show. It takes you out of the story and makes you remember that it's just a show. It's even more annoying when people in the audience scream the actor's name during the show.
re: [title of show] at the Lyceum
 Apr 3 2008, 11:39:08 PM
Yay! I couldn't be happier.
re: Falsettos vs. Ragtime (March Madness, Semifinals, game 2)
 Apr 3 2008, 12:12:50 AM
Ragtime
re: Miss Saigon vs. Side Show (March Madness, Semifinals, game 1)
 Apr 3 2008, 12:12:20 AM
Side Show
re: DREAMGIRLS Revival to have a try out in South Korea?
 Apr 2 2008, 03:56:07 AM
Interesting... Korea would not have been my first choice for an out of town try out for Dreamgirls.
re: The Official 'In The Heights' Love Thread....
 Apr 2 2008, 02:07:48 AM
Just saw the show last week. I thought it was wonderful and will be a strong contender for the Best Musical Tony.
re: CHEAP hotels in NYC near theater?
 Apr 2 2008, 01:27:12 AM
I would recommend Travel Inn on 515 West 42nd Street. I stayed there recently for my trip to NYC. Its a ten minute walk to most of the theaters. Its about $180 per night for a room with two beds, you can't get too many deals better than that. Plus, there's free parking, so if you're driving into the city that's a plus.
re: Schwartz: HUNCHBACK Next for Broadway?
 Jan 12 2008, 12:42:27 AM
I really liked the score for the German production. I would be interested in this as long as they kept the score intact for the most part.
re: Erin Davie Will Replace Jill Paice In CURTAINS
 Jan 12 2008, 12:35:30 AM
Great news, I'm definitely going to see this sometime after Erin Davie starts. I wish I could see Applause too, but I won't be in the city during its short run.
re: Lupone Gypsy Poster
 Jan 7 2008, 09:25:00 PM
The poster looks awful. I prefer the City Center Encores poster over this mess.
re: New Behind-the-Scenes Video on SUNDAY IN THE PARK WITH GEORGE
 Jan 7 2008, 12:41:33 AM
I haven't seen the show live, but it's one of my absolute favorites. I am so thankful that a DVD of the OBC production exists, so I could be introduced to this amazing show.
Thank God for Roundabout Theater! I am so glad they are bringing this production to Broadway, so I can finally see it live. Daniel and Jenna look genuinely excited about this production. I can’t wait to see it.

re: IN THE HEIGHTS: $20 seats for the last 3 rows
 Jan 7 2008, 12:10:02 AM
Thanks for posting this Yankeefan, I didn't think they would have tickets this cheap. I just bought tickets for row E from Ticketmaster, so I had to pay a $7 service fee, but I prefer the convenience of buying tickets online to buying them from the box office.
I've never been to this theater before, should I bring binoculars for seats this far back?

re: Lyric Game...15 Songs
 Nov 3 2007, 12:40:18 AM
8. "La Vie Boheme B" from Rent

10. "Grow Old With You" from The Wedding Singer

11. "Waltz for Che and Evita" from Evita

re: Lyric Game...15 Songs
 Oct 24 2007, 01:44:09 AM
#14 is "Someone Wonderful I Missed" from I Love My Wife. I'm not sure about #2 and #5.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You