News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Lovinbroadway2

Lovinbroadway2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Lovinbroadway2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: There's no business like show business

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Missing the Tony Broadcast
 Jun 6 2015, 08:40:17 PM

They sell it on Itunes and Amazon a few days after it is broadcasted. 

6-year-old theater critic meets his idol
 Jun 4 2015, 07:07:31 AM

So... which one is the 6 year old? 

Naw; I don't actually hate Michael Riedel that much. 

Tony Voting
 May 29 2015, 09:18:32 PM

The New York Times did an article about Tony voters... One part of the article says, 

"Participation is high, but about 100 to 150 Tony voters do not submit ballots in any given year. Otherwise, they are expected to see every nominated production — 22 this year — or to skip categories in which they have not seen all nominees." 

So, yes. They have to skip the categories that they couldn't see all nominees in. 

Here's the article:

http://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2015/05/20/theater/theaterspecial/20150524-tonyvoters.html?_r=0 

Prince of Broadway in Japan!
 May 29 2015, 08:29:01 PM

I have the brochure for the production, and translated, a sentence on it says that it's hoping /planning for a West End and Broadway run. So, we'll see. 

This is why Brits monopolize broadway....
 May 29 2015, 01:27:56 AM

Monopolize? 

Billy Elliott
 May 27 2015, 10:00:45 AM

I caught it on tour, and no doubt that the show has flaws (perhaps an unpopular opinion, but I didn't really love the sore) but it was a wonderful show. I especially loved the inventive staging... 

New GIGI cast recording now available (Early digital release!)
 May 15 2015, 09:40:57 AM

Listening to it now... Sounds great so far. The orcheastra is amazing! 

So, who's winning the Tony? Tony Awards Predictions
 May 14 2015, 04:54:45 AM

^ Well, that's pretty obvious. But in all seriousness, Doctor Zhivago will probably win. 

Favorite Pro Shot Versions of Stage Musicals?
 May 9 2015, 07:32:59 PM

broadwaysfguy, 

I don't remember exactly, but I saw the streaming (I think... Maybe edited) proshot version of Billy Elliot in the cinemas either late last year or early this year. 

TimeOut NY picks nominees for the TONY
 Apr 25 2015, 10:17:14 AM

ok, maybe I was a bit too mean and weird (don't know what I was thinking) in that post. But I really hate his Theater talk interview as someone said earlier. Sorry. Was having a trolling moment. 

TimeOut NY picks nominees for the TONY
 Apr 25 2015, 10:02:56 AM

Adam Feldman, one of the writers, used to post on ALL THAT CHAT before landing the TimeOut job."

Well, that clears things up. I was wondering if he was either an owner of a hardware store who knows nothing of Broadway, an aspiring jester from the Renaissance who found himself in the 21st century, or an ALL THAT CHAT poster. 

FUN HOME Reviews
 Apr 19 2015, 06:24:44 AM

I'm probably the only one on the board who hasn't seen it yet, but based on what I've heard and seen, I'm hoping for raves. 

Musicals For All Girls High Schools
 Apr 19 2015, 06:07:55 AM

Quite a few male roles in it, but (based on the whole trio thing) I'd say Dreamgirls.

Longest running performances in a broadway show?
 Apr 11 2015, 11:06:15 AM

^

Well, pit musicians can do that. First of all, it's Wicked, so they don't have to worry about it closing for another decade.  Second, the pit doesn't have to worry about typecasting. 

Grey Gardens
 Apr 11 2015, 10:45:35 AM

I was introduced to the show last year, after seeing the stunning Tony Award performance on YouTube. I quickly grabbed the Cast album, and was blown away by everything. Then, I saw the bootleg on YouTube, and it instantly became (probably) my favorite piece of theater I've seen. As someone said before, the last ten minutes were breathtaking. I've rarely felt so many things whilst seeing a musical (and never for bootleg.) The final scene with the two of them got me bawling. 

Th

NYC TRIP SUGGESTIONS
 Apr 2 2015, 09:49:15 AM

Avoid the Empire State building like the plague. 

What Show Is Next On The Chopping Block
 Apr 2 2015, 06:17:35 AM

"I'd also like to add that On the Town was open with raves already during the holidays."

Add what you want, but rave reviews doesn't mean a show won't flop. 

Dreamgirls revival announced!
 Apr 1 2015, 04:36:24 AM
Yay!!! Excited!

Harvey Weinstein Accused Of Sexual Misconduct
 Mar 30 2015, 07:44:53 PM
Harvey Fierstein and Weinstein get mixed up in my head easily.
THE WIZ: 2015 NBC LIVE MUSICAL
 Mar 30 2015, 07:35:43 PM
Hurrah! But oh god, i hope they don't screw up the casting for NBC's version like always.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You