News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Glitter and be Gay

Glitter and be Gay Profile Photo
Member Name: Glitter and be Gay
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Holiday Albums by Broadway Performers  Oct 13 2014, 02:33:07 PM
I'm looking to expand my collection of holiday albums by Broadway performers and haven't been able to find a compiled list of what's available anywhere. I'm especially interested in solo albums, but groups or collections are fine too. I have Kristin Chenoweth's CD and the Jersey Boys Seasons Greetings CD, and I will be getting Idina's new CD. Can anyone recommend other Broadway holiday recordings?
It's time to talk about how much we love 1776  Jul 4 2014, 01:14:18 PM
That makes sense, in Carrie (the film) she reads older than she was. As for her popularity with cast - having had professional dealings with Betty, I'll just say she'll never win any awards for congeniality.
It's time to talk about how much we love 1776  Jul 4 2014, 12:34:22 PM
Does anyone know why Betty Buckley was not cast in the film? Almost everyone else in the movie was in the original Broadway production.
The New Broadway Merchandise Trade Thread  May 9 2014, 02:03:48 AM
Oh sorry, I didn't realize my pm's were turned off, thanks for letting me know. Pm's are on now.
The New Broadway Merchandise Trade Thread  May 8 2014, 12:02:44 PM

The New Broadway Merchandise Trade Thread  Apr 26 2014, 02:33:12 PM
I also have 8 framed window cards from various Sondheim musicals that I'm selling as a set for $300. All are in excellent condition. The frames alone are worth about $250, again this is a really great deal. The window cards in this set are:

A Funny Thing Happened on the Way to the Forum (Original Broadway Production)
Company (2006 Broadway Revival)
Follies (Original Broadway Production)
A Little Night Music (Original Broadway Production)
Merrily We Roll Along (Original Broadway Production)
Sweeney Todd (Original Broadway Production)
Into the Woods (Original Broadway Production)
Sunday in the Park with George (Original Broadway Production)

Craig's List ad:

http://newyork.craigslist.org/mnh/clt/4436527443.html

The New Broadway Merchandise Trade Thread  Apr 23 2014, 08:20:11 PM

On a Clear Day - Don't Tamper with My Sister  Dec 8 2013, 09:11:18 PM
I have loved the original cast recording of this show for ages, but have never seen a production. I also love the film version but it's an entirely different animal, what with so many songs cut, and songs not sung by Melinda in the Broadway production given to Barbra.

I especially like the song "Don't Tamper with My Sister". It's such a jaunty tune, I love the harmonies in the all-male chorus, and it builds to an exciting climax. It seems that number could be a showstopper. But I say t

Male Showstoppers  Jul 19 2013, 07:33:08 PM
All I Care About is Love (Chicago)

The Side Step (Best Little Whorehouse)

The Impossible Dream (Man of La Mancha)

This Nearly was Mine (South Pacific)

Watching the Show (The Times)

Anthem (Chess)

Gigi (Gigi)

ANNIE Cast Album available at the Palace Theatre May 7  May 17 2013, 01:41:16 PM
Got an email from the Playbill Store this morning, they will be shipping the Annie CD at the end of the month, ahead of the June 18th release date.
Male equivalent to  Apr 6 2013, 03:00:54 PM
There is a song that fulfills all of darquegk's requirements - Watching the Show, from the little-known 1993 musical "The Times", with book and lyrics by Joe Keenan & Mmusic by Brad Ross. When done well it leaves the audience emotionally devastated. You can listen to it here, from a studio recording of the score. It begins at about 1:18.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Za4CEh6HZ0g

Window card frames question  Sep 21 2012, 10:06:43 AM
I've bought many poster frames from PlaybillStore.com, and I was confused the first time my order arrived too - the plexiglass is covered with a colored plastic film on both sides, usually blue, that has to be peeled off to reveal the clear plexiglass underneath. There are usually instructions in the package that explain this, they must have been left out. You should email them and ask for the instructions.

Playbill Shortage?  Dec 6 2011, 09:48:13 PM
"...but part of the ticket price goes to print them, where as the West End tickets do not cover the program costs."

No sorry, this is not true. Ticket prices do not include the cost of producing, printing, and distributing Playbills. Neither the producers or theatre owners pay for Playbill service. The Playbills are provided free of charge. Playbill covers the costs with the advertisements in the books.

Playbill Launches Playbillvault.com  Dec 1 2011, 11:55:18 AM
Husk, I have to disagree. Playbill has a leg up on all the other Broadway databases because they offer the actual Playbill covers, title pages, credits, and headshots. No other site has all of that.
On A Clear Day First Preview  Nov 22 2011, 08:58:50 PM
Gaveston, I've always thought of the show as more of a musical fantasy than a realistic musical comedy, so I was never bothered by Daisy's "super esp". In fact I delighted in it. After all, this was the era of Bewitched and I Dream of Jeannie, two enormously popular shows that I also adored.
On A Clear Day First Preview  Nov 22 2011, 08:20:02 PM
Regarding the Greek shipping magnate, I've never seen Zorba or listened to the cast recording and so never made that connection. I always assumed the character was a parody of the Greek shipping magnate, Aristotle Onassis.

I've also never heard of the show being based on the play "Berkeley Square". I know I've read somewhere before that the story was inspired by the Bridey Murphy case.

As a longtime fan of this flawed but fascinating work, I have been eagerly awaiting this new

FREAKY FRIDAY the musical  Mar 18 2011, 12:01:44 AM
Yes she did, and judging by the song on the Unsung Musicals III CD it's just as well. It's called "At the Same Time" and has lyrics such as "Can you think he's ducky, but kind of sucky at the same time? If you miss him every time he goes, but still want to punch him in the nose - that shows! You can love someone and hate someone at the same time."

And it just gets worse from there.

Big Gay Idol Contest - Winner Sings "Defying Gravity" With the NYC Gay Men's Chorus  Feb 20 2011, 07:18:51 PM
I thought that those of you who are performers might be interested in this. The New York City Gay Men's Chorus is accepting entries from all singers - male and female, ages 18 and up - to compete in the Big Gay Idol contest. The two winners will sing "Defying Gravity", backed up by the 250-plus members of the NYC Gay Men's Chorus at one of the up-coming "Big Gay Sing 3D" concerts, which take place on Friday March 25th and Saturday March 26th at 8pm at the Skirball Center for the Performing Arts in NYC.

To enter, read the rules and follow the instructions at the link below. Break a leg!

http://www.nycgmc.org/BGS/BigGayIdol.aspx

What Do You Want For Hanukkah/Christmas that is broadway related????  Nov 13 2010, 04:02:16 PM
I created a gift registry at Playbillstore.com and sent it out to all my family and friends, maybe this year I'll get the stuff I really want.
Broadway Facebook Updates  Sep 9 2010, 09:29:10 PM
I also did Rose's Turn.

http://fakeconvos.com/c/2249

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You