News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for chestercopperpot

Member Name: chestercopperpot
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Songs From Musicals That Don't Exist  Sep 24 2019, 03:45:09 PM

Oh I see now.  I had interpreted it totally differently.  I thought it was about the holocaust and the little girl was a relative or neighbor to the man and she had been killed.  I guess that's the great thing about art, it can evoke different emotions and meanings depending on a person's experiences or history.  

Songs From Musicals That Don't Exist  Sep 23 2019, 10:35:51 PM

darquegk said: "Randy Newman once said “the prettiest song I ever wrote was the one about the child molester.”"

Ew, really?  Wow--I don't know much about him or his preferences...how disturbing.

Sep 20 2019, 06:08:17 PM

I'm stumped--have you listened to Sondheim's "I Remember" (Sky)  If you read between the lines it could be about the things you mention, though it never says the word November.  I'm going to think on this more...  And I want to follow this thread in case someone solves this case

Songs From Musicals That Don't Exist  Sep 20 2019, 05:51:32 PM

Even so, I'm glad to have been introduced to that Randy Newman song.  Sometimes chat board mistakes are beautiful. :)

CATSNYrevival said: "Sometimes it's important to read the post and not just the title."

Songs From Musicals That Don't Exist  Sep 20 2019, 05:49:48 PM

Wowowow, I just went and listened to this song by both Randy Newman and Marianne Faithfall and I'm in tears.  It's just chilling and beautiful and so, so sad.  Thank you for posting.

darquegk said: ""In Germany Before the War" by Randy Newman is a complete one-off in his catalogue, a chilling approximation of the Sondheim/Wheeler sound written several years before Sweeney Todd. It's not from a musical but it seems like it would have been, and it

Derek Keeling Memorial Scholarship  Jan 19 2019, 10:19:48 AM

Popular said: "Im currently working together with the Social Work dept of my University to raise money for a memorial scholarship. I understand the commitment it takes to fundraise and put something like this together. All that to say that its a wonderful action to take, and can also be very healing for those who miss him. Such an honorable endeavor! Best of luck and condolences to his loved ones."

Thank you for all the kind words.  Best of luck to you too on yo

Derek Keeling Memorial Scholarship  Jan 18 2019, 01:20:50 PM

What a wonderful idea!  He was such a talent, and it would be so meaningful to create a lasting fund to support more up and coming artists.  Please share on social media if you can!

RIP Derek Keeling  Jan 15 2019, 06:28:46 PM

BwayLB said: "I saw Derek when the national tour of Grease came to Costa Mesa in 09. Ten years ago"

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think he toured with Grease after he did it on Broadway in 2008.  He toured a few years before--before the reality show. 

It's just so sad that he is gone.  He was so vibrant, and talented, and so young.  I wonder why playbill hasn't covered his death at all. 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You