News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ShowQueenNYC

ShowQueenNYC Profile Photo
Member Name: ShowQueenNYC
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Did Audra McDonald Hide The Truth?
 Dec 27 2016, 10:17:28 AM

So many great pints made here!  My first reaction to all of this is the same as Brave Sir Robin2, which is she was ALREADY LEAVING.  To me, that should end the whole thing.  She actually stayed longer than planned.

Another point, is that most women really don't know their first month if they are pregnant or not.  Also, being premenopausal as Ms. McDonald said she was, it's very possible she did not know for a couple months.  What is interesting to me is, the pregnancy was NOT announced until LADY DAY had been cancelled, and plans for her continued participation were secured.  There was another actress set to go in for her, so she as well had to be notified that her services were no longer needed, or needed later.  Has anyone discussed that yet - perhaps I missed it.

WAR PAINT on Broadway
 Dec 2 2016, 03:57:33 PM

Possibly the very end of  "Back On Top" sung by Helena Rubinstein (Patti LuPone)

Hot night at 54 Below
 Jul 3 2012, 04:09:01 PM
There are so many great things going on at this place that I find I spend a lot of time there. They have the composer series on Mondays, Backstage (open mike) on Sundays...not to mention the great people they have booked. They also have a cool after the show hang out. The one I've been going to is usually on Wednesdays but it is on tonight because of the holiday. John Miller Quartet - Hot music - NO COVER. Anyone else going?
Miss Jane Hathaway as the Wicked Witch of the West
 Jul 3 2012, 03:58:29 PM
I can't even imagine how fun this must have been!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Supporting Audra's rape joke.
 Jun 14 2012, 02:34:29 PM
Thank you henrikegerman, for answering me and understanding that I was asking about only how the scene was played. The "other Board" tends to jump all over you". Since I saw the show so early (it MAY have even been the invited dress) I know that changes might be made. (There wasn't even a backdrop for the island scene). Since this production, director, adaptation have taken so much criticisism I really tried togo with an open mind to see the the cuts, twists etc the did made the show more cl
Supporting Audra's rape joke.
 Jun 12 2012, 11:18:49 AM
This thread give me the opportunity to ask a question about PORGY AND BESS that I have been meaning to ask for a long time. I saw the show at the first preview, and was a bit confused by the 'rape scene'. I may have been changed later on, but it seemed to me that Bess stopped fighting and may have even used the words "come on" or threw up her arms and gave up...yet went offstage. I am HONESTLY asking this question, not trying to be offensive or flip, just trying to understand one of the many
When Everything Was Possible - Kurt Peterson and Victoria Mallory in Concert
 Apr 24 2012, 04:48:11 PM
I've been excited to see this for a couple of months now. They are both excellent singers and have a great history of shows thay have been in. CAN'T WAIT!
Yvonne De Carlo in Hello, Dolly!
 Mar 1 2012, 10:28:13 AM
I was 6 years old when I saw her in HELLO DOLLY in Rochester, NY. My parents got me a front row seat. During the title song when Dolly is dancing on the half circle, Ms. DeCarlo saw me and waved. I couldn't wait to go backstage and meet her. I of course said something about "lily Munster" but she didn't feel the need to tell me her real name and that it was a character she played. She signed my playbill which I still have. I unfortunately don't remember anything about the production, excep
A FUNNY THING HAPPENED ON THE WAY TO...
 Jan 17 2012, 10:29:08 PM
I love checking this site for new pictures. So wonderful to see the many great people that worked there. Who knew that "Reuben Kincaid" of The Partridge Family had done so much stage work, and I can only imagine the funny ad libs from Arte Johnson.

So sad that we don't have anything like this anymore! Can't wait to see the next batch.

Christine Ebersole as Eliza Doolittle
 May 5 2011, 10:53:10 AM
Beautiful costume on Ms. Ebersole. How I wish I could have seen this production. Looks like this Theatre had a LOT of great people working there!!!!
Help fill my hole, please...
 Jan 21 2011, 05:06:17 PM
Mister Matt - i agree - the title is WAY I clicked on this thread
Jennifer Coolidge Headed Back To Broadway?
 Aug 11 2010, 02:45:29 PM
I enjoyed her performance in THE WOMEN very much. I was also fortunate to see her do stand up about 3 weeks ago her in NYC and an still laughing. I'll be in line the first day to get tickets to this!
Bernardette Peters is terribly miscast in 'Night Music'
 Jul 19 2010, 12:55:25 AM
um....muscle23ftl...were all the swings on? You mentioned then in your post? I find that odd.
CAROL BURNET!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 Sep 3 2009, 02:42:02 PM
Carol Burnett in MOON OVER BUFFALO.

I was visiting for the day and was dropping off a 'fan letter' to her becasue I was a bit of a geek. It was 7:30 and the stage door man said she hadn't arrived as she had an interview that was running late. There was someone else waiting for her with a copy of her book to sign. I asked the stage door man if he would take a picture if Miss Burnett would allow it. He said she probably wouldn't because it was so late already. Five minutes later, she

re: No 'Christine Ebersole sings songs from BLITHE SPIRIT' CD, huh?
 Jul 14 2009, 11:52:18 AM
I'd cut off a finger for a copy of CAMELOT! Anyone????
re: Arthur The Musical
 Feb 21 2009, 09:11:41 PM
I know a friend who was in one of the two productions at Goodspeed - email my privately.
re: Leachman to join YOUNG FRAKENSTEIN cast?
 Oct 29 2008, 02:50:52 PM
I'll be first in line to see Cloris repise her movie role! And yes, she can handle the song. She sang in the TV version of OF THEE I SING, and has been on several TV specials in the 70's & 80's - specifically a Rodgers and Hammerstein tribute, where she did quite well. I don't think she'd have any trouble with the song, which I beleive she already performed at the Worksop.
Not Since Carrie #2
 Sep 10 2008, 08:20:42 PM
That book is like the bible to me. How does one get in touch with Mr. Mandlebaum
re: $28.00 tickets for Gypsy this weekend!
 Apr 1 2008, 08:50:53 PM
A friend just got YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN tickets through this or similar broker. His came in a Fed Ex envelope with a big return address showing that they were tickets. Fed Ex supposedly let someone else sign for them and the tickets were stolen. It took him over two weeks to straighten it out.
Listen to LITTLE EDIE LIVE!
 Nov 17 2007, 08:17:47 PM
I just got my copy of "Little Edie Live! A Visit to Grey Gardens" and it is so cool. It is great to hear more of Edie, and you can even hear cats in the background.

www.greygardenscd.com

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You