News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Joshuabonnett

Member Name: Joshuabonnett
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

When a tour city cancels?  Jun 21 2018, 10:38:02 AM
Hi all -

Last week our venue in Louisiville was doing repairs on its metal roof. One of the construction workers was using a welder or a grinder that sparked a fire on the roof. The good news is the fire was fairly quickly contained and confined mostly to lobby and common space (no details of damage to the performance spaces have been reported).

But ... next week we were scheduled to have Waitress here for the week. The venue determined they could not accommodate, and Broad

Kinky Boots tour lately  Jun 17 2017, 02:37:57 PM

No ... I have had season tickets in every section of the theatre for the past 10 seasons and it is always the same.  Last five years we have resigned ourselves to the orchestra,   And sometimes I think it is even worse there.  The orchestra almost never sounds "live", and the sound design never fits the space 

Kinky Boots tour lately  Jun 17 2017, 12:39:04 AM

The sound quality issue is typical of shows playing at the Kentucky Center.  Of the 40+ shows I've seen there, rarely is the show tuned well for that space.  The orchestra almost always sounds prerecorded.  

"Once" was the exception there, and i honestly think it was just because all the musicians were on stage. 

Favorite Act One Finale?  Jan 13 2017, 11:45:37 AM

This won't be a popular response but "Surprise!" from If/then will always be one of my favorites. 

Favorite opening number?  Dec 12 2016, 11:30:30 PM

"Sunday Morning" for The Color Purple gives me goosebumps every time. 

trip advice  Nov 17 2016, 11:38:20 AM

If you want to go to "church" and I mean that in the best of ways - do not miss "the Color Purple".  Cynthia Erivo simply should not be missed in this role.  The simple staging is really effective as it lets the music and the story shine. 

If you go to kinky boots, you will come out of the theatre with a skip in your step, and a song in your heart. 

If you are just game for some mind candy, and were a fan of Gloria Estefan, On Your Feet is

Kinky Boots  Nov 3 2016, 10:23:37 PM

First row of the balcony.  It protrudes far over the orchestra and you feel like you are three rows back. 

Half Time (Gotta Dance) Opening on Broadway in Spring, 2017  Jul 16 2016, 04:26:07 PM

I was waiting for somebody to post this.  I think the new name makes so much more sense.  "Gotta Dance"  would have gotten lost in the "So you think you can dance", etc chatter and I don't think it would have helped the show.  Plus "Half Time" can have a double meaning - as it's a half time performance and could be thought of as the cast only being "half way" thru their lives. 

2016 - 2017 Touring Season  Feb 25 2016, 06:38:48 PM

Louisville announced today - and yawn.  

While we are finally getting Kinky Boots and Beautiful, we are stuck with Sound of Music, Little Mermaid and Illusionists (why is this touring - and why am I subjected to Broadway rates for it?!?). Season options are Book of Mornon and Riverdance (who's actually going to option that?!?)

Marquis Theatre Front Row Orchestra Seating Question  Aug 21 2015, 06:15:33 PM

I saw this show in Chicago and really enjoyed it. It is a pretty big show though, so you may want to consider 10-25 rows back so you can take it all in. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/26/15  Jul 27 2015, 09:41:39 PM

So I went to see Amazing Grace last week.  Now granted, my friend and I likely brought the median age down by about 20 years (there was obviously a senior citizen tour in attendance), but the Wednesday matinee was pretty full (much more than the 56%). 

Honestly, I wasn't looking forward to it after the reviews - but it wasn't nearly as bad as I expected. Was it perfect?  No ... But was it terrible?  Absolutely not. 

The storyline was coherent, an

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You