News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for nybound66

Member Name: nybound66
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tiny Beautiful Things at The Public  Nov 17 2016, 05:30:36 PM

neonlightsxo said: "Most everything sells out at the Public these days. They have too many members.
It's also in the Shiva, which I think is their smallest space in the whole building. "

I don't think there has been demand for a show like this since Hamilton, though. Tickets on Stubhub are selling for $600.

Tiny Beautiful Things at The Public  Nov 17 2016, 04:18:34 PM

I'm curious to see if this goes to Broadway.

It's rare to see a play like this sell out at the Public before it even goes onsale to non-subscribers. Considering the demand and low overhead, I'd imagine a longer life of it somewhere is likely.

Has anyone heard anything?

The Gabriels at the Public  Jul 1 2016, 03:53:27 PM

I can't say enough about these plays. They are absolutely age-appopriate, and frankly I think it's a sad notion that teenagers wouldn't be interested or prepared for a play like this, when it so delicately intertwines human relationships with what is happening in our country politically. 

It's great for young people to see a play or musical as entertainment and an escape, but it's also important for them to see the deep impact a play like this can hav

JESSICA LANGE is so winning the TONY for LONG DAY'S JOURNEY INTO NIGHT  Apr 29 2016, 10:59:27 AM

Lupita Nyong'o has the Tony locked down, in my opinion. 

SIGNIFICANT OTHER Previews  Jun 14 2015, 12:30:31 AM

"I am afraid I have to disagree on almost every level. I thought Bad Jews was much better, and perhaps it was Tracee Chimo  that carried that show.

In short, this play is about a group of immature friends. And the worst of all of them is the gay friend who whines and carries on that he doesn't have a boyfriend for two hours. He's in his 20's. He's boring and annoying. Tracee Chimo had the power to carry Bad Jews.. Mr. Glick does not that the same p

The Flick to play Barrow Street Theater this Fall  Aug 8 2014, 12:39:02 AM
Anyone heard any more buzz lately for a fall remount?
BuzzFeed's first listen to the new HEDWIG recording  Jun 10 2014, 10:49:52 PM
Am I the only one who thinks this recording sounds off -- from production to Neil's vocals?

I saw it live and loved the production and Neil, but after a few listens the quality sounds a bit...cheap.

Am I the only one?

Jesse Eisenberg and Vanessa Redgrave to Star in Rattlestick's REVISIONIST  Feb 16 2013, 01:48:38 AM
I saw it tonight and was very impressed. I thought the play was fantastic. I really enjoyed Asuncion, but I think Revisionist definitely is a step forward for Eisenberg. Great performances across the board. Such a joy to see Redgrave in top form. I would consider this a companion piece, of sorts, to 4000 Miles. They are both completely different plays, but share some similar themes.

I definitely wouldn't miss this one.

THE MADRID Starts Previews TONIGHT  Feb 6 2013, 12:39:50 AM
I was there tonight.

Overall, I must say I was disappointed. Edie is giving a textured performance, as always, I just didn't find the play compelling. Everything seemed to be in pretty good shape, considering tonight was the first preview, but I think time will help a couple of performances in particular. Frances Sternhagen stole the scenes she was in. Great performance, on her part. I was particularly disappointed by the sound design. It sounded "garage-bandy" and didn't seem to fit

Venus In Fur Rush or 30 under 30?  Feb 8 2012, 04:45:21 PM
Does anyone have have any information regarding a student or general rush with the Venus in Fur transfer? I know MTC is still billed as a producer, but will they release 30 under 30 tickets this round?
Wit Previews?  Jan 4 2012, 11:40:50 PM
Ahh, that would explain why there isn't already a thread. Not sure why I had in my mind that tonight was the first preview.

I suppose I'll wait until tomorrow, thank you!

Wit Previews?  Jan 4 2012, 11:13:07 PM
Did anyone get a chance to catch tonight's first preview of Wit at MTC? Would love to hear some thoughts!
Asuncion - Review  Oct 31 2011, 03:13:17 PM
I absolutely loved the show, and I thought the entire ensemble was completely together and fantastic.

I rarely post here, but I find the negativity of these user reviews to be off-putting and, often times, baseless.

After reading the above reviews, I probably would have second guessed seeing the show. I think it's worth the price of a theater ticket.

Just putting my two cents out there.

Normal Heart tickets for final week?  Jul 6 2011, 02:32:19 AM
I know this is a long shot, but I'm looking to get two tickets to the Normal Heart at some point this week. I stopped by the theater today and was informed there is no longer a rush. I'm a student and can't afford full price tickets, but need to see it this last week.

Any suggestions? :/

High rush?  Apr 15 2011, 02:41:17 AM
What time did most of you rush? I'm wanting to see it on a Saturday, I'm just not sure if I can get away with rushing around 4 or 5pm or if I need to get there at 10am.

Furthermore, any idea how many rush seats they sell and if they're all front row?

Hedwig and the Angry Inch?  Dec 5 2010, 09:52:13 PM
....nobody?
Hedwig and the Angry Inch?  Dec 4 2010, 03:58:49 PM
I was wondering if anybody had any updated information on the Broadway production of Hedwig?

Back in March it was reported to hit Broadway in the "Fall of 2010," but I never heard anything else after that. I know John Cameron Mitchell is busy with Rabbit Hole now, but any other information?

ANGELS IN AMERICA Cancellation Line?  Nov 26 2010, 08:30:13 PM
For Sunday's matinee, would it be safe to get there at 10am? Or should I try sooner?

Any advice?

La Cage or Next Fall?  Jun 19 2010, 06:01:43 PM
I very seldomly post on these boards, but I feel compelled to to tell you to see Next Fall. It is one of the most heartfelt theater experiences I've ever had. Guts over glamour, anyday.

Remember When Montego Glover Lost the Tony to Catherine Zeta-Jones  Jun 18 2010, 02:31:03 AM
Haha but her voice is phenomenal. Gotta give it to her.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You