News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for LittleMsUsher

Member Name: LittleMsUsher
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: The Woman in White
 Oct 24 2007, 12:39:04 AM
All for Laura was great. Not a flop, the lead was diagnosed with breast cancer.
re: Texting in the theatre; Washington Post Article
 Oct 22 2007, 05:06:11 AM
I was at a show earlier this evening and there was a guy in front of me with one of those new phones with email and he didn't stop even when asked by the usher to do so. How hard is it to turn it off for two hours.

Now I understand why some ushers get grumpy about cell phones, they even made an announcement and it's posted in the playbill.

I also believe with the latest group of theater patrons they should give them etiquette lessons when they sell tickets.

re: Local 1 Strike
 Oct 22 2007, 04:56:29 AM
Oh even better an out of work actor who is an on line English teacher. Very nice

Local one to start strike meetings 10/21
 Oct 22 2007, 04:51:16 AM
I understand why they need to strike or at least be given the option, what would you do if you were getting laid off for job cuts, oh wait you are probably not in the actor union seriously unions are their to protect the members, it's basic job security. Not only that most Broadway shows are given a two week notice prior to the show closing and then the theater is dark for who knows maybe six months maybe longer and oh guess what those stage hands are out of work gee if it's not a hit like Spama
re: Local 1 update!
 Oct 22 2007, 04:31:10 AM
Not for nothing you must be out of work actors. I understand why they need to strike or at least be given the option, what would you do if you were getting laid off for job cuts, oh wait you are probably not in the actor union seriously unions are their to protect the members, it's basic job security. Not only that most Broadway shows are given a two week notice prior to the show closing and then the theater is dark for who knows maybe six months maybe longer and oh guess what those stage hands
re: Pictures from Bob Saget Drowsy Chaperone photo shoot.
 Oct 22 2007, 03:21:47 AM
Well I have seen Bob Martin, Jonathan Crombie, Jonathan Glover (Lionel Luthor, Smallville) and Now Bob Saget (Full House, Americas funniest videos) all as the Man in the Chair, they have all brought own personalities to the character, grant it Bob Martin created it but over all they each bring him to light in a different way. Saget is no Martin but his frist three shows have been almost sold out and with the others it was up and down also Martin created the role.
re: Local 1 update!
 Oct 22 2007, 03:10:09 AM
Hey has anyone bothered to look at the weekly grosses per theater that is reported to playbill.com I mean really for a company like Jujamcyn -Theater August Wilson formally the Virginia Theater- Jersey Boys grossed $1,272,077.00 for the week of October 8-14, or look at Subert Theater -Shubert Organization-Spamalot grossed $712,888.00 for that week as well. I mean really how much money do they have to make. Also what happens if Broadway goes dark those shows that happen to be sold out for a while
re: local one vote
 Oct 22 2007, 03:01:34 AM
Hey has anyone bothered to look at the weekly grosses per theater that is reported to playbill.com I mean really for a company like Jujamcyn -Theater August Wilson formally the Virginia Theater- Jersey Boys grossed $1,272,077.00 for the week of October 8-14, or look at Subert Theater -Shubert Organization-Spamalot grossed $712,888.00 for that week as well. I mean really how much money do they have to make. Also what happens if Broadway goes dark those shows that happen to be sold out for a while
re: Sagat in Chaperone
 Oct 22 2007, 02:37:24 AM
Well I have seen Bob Martin, Jonathan Crombie, Jonathan Glover (Lionel Luthor, Smallville) and Now Bob Saget (Full House, Americas funniest videos) all as the Man in the Chair, they have all brought own personalities to the character, grant it Bob Martin created it but over all they each bring him to light in a different way.
re: The Drowsy Chaperone Tour Thread
 Oct 22 2007, 02:31:47 AM
Well I have seen Bob Martin, Jonathan Crombie, Jonathan Glover (Lionel Luthor, Smallville) and Now Bob Saget (Full House, Americas Funniest Videos) all as the Man in the Chair, they have all brought their own personalities to the character, grant it Bob Martin created it but over all they each bring him to light in a different way.

Local one to start strike meetings 10/21
 Oct 22 2007, 02:15:55 AM
Hey has anyone bothered to look at the weekly grosses per theater that is reported to playbill.com I mean really for a company like Jujamcyn -Theater August Wilson formally the Virginia Theater- Jersey Boys grossed $1,272,077.00 for the week of October 8-14, or look at Subert Theater -Shubert Organization-Spamalot grossed $712,888.00 for that week as well. I mean really how much money do they have to make. Also what happens if Broadway goes dark those shows that happen to be sold out for a whil
Local 1 Strike
 Oct 22 2007, 02:10:36 AM
Hey has anyone bothered to look at the weekly grosses per theater that is reported to playbill.com I mean really for a company like Jujamcyn -Theater August Wilson formally the Virginia Theater- Jersey Boys grossed $1,272,077.00 for the week of October 8-14, or look at Subert Theater -Shubert Organization-Spamalot grossed $712,888.00 for that week as well. I mean really how much money do they have to make. Also what happens if Broadway goes dark those shows that happen to be sold out for a whil
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You