News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Tevye_the_Dairyman

Tevye_the_Dairyman Profile Photo
Member Name: Tevye_the_Dairyman
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hairspray at Hollywood Bowl Cast Released
 May 24 2011, 07:08:10 PM
Hear, Hear Besty
Harvey Fierstein to Join LA CAGE AUX FOLLES as Albin February 15
 Nov 12 2010, 05:24:01 PM
I'm shocked to see so many familiar faces to this board stating what a disaster this is going to be...Harvey Fierstein is a Broadway legend and this is probably going to be one of the best performances of the year. If you want a boisterous baritone hollering out some easy mid range notes, go home and put on George Hearn. I'll take Harvey anyday. He's gonna act the shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiz outta this.
Shuler Hensley Manse for Sale in Jersey
 Nov 12 2010, 05:03:06 PM
Remember that Hensley also played Frankenstein in the Universal Studios flop "Van Helsing" starring Hugh Jackman. While the movie wasn't a success I'm sure he got paid a pretty penny for his pretty hefty supporting role.
39 steps student rush
 Aug 27 2010, 04:15:53 PM
its reeeeeeally easy. ive gotten them multiple times up to an hour to curtain. have fun, john behlmann and jamie jackson are phenominal.
WICKEDFAN11 dilemma recording
 Aug 19 2010, 12:47:01 AM
This is random but it came into my head tonight that Andrew Samonsky looks a lot like a young Robert Westenberg. The tone of Samonsky's voice over the radio transmission with Emile was how he should have said all his lines: natural and unaffected. Could hardly believe it was the same actor.
The Hoff sang 'THIS IS THE MOMENT' on his Roast
 Aug 16 2010, 10:18:58 AM
believe me, nothing gives me greater pleasure than giggling at the musical stylings of David Hasselhoff in the filming of Jekyll and Hyde, but in the first 6 bars or so of the song on the roast I found myself thinking, "Damn, someone's been taking some lessons." Of course as the notes got higher, he began to make some horrendous vowel sounds among other issues, but he truly did sound pleasant and quite different than he did years ago.
Internal Replacements who did not understudy the role previously
 Aug 11 2010, 09:16:01 PM
Cris Groenendaal went on to play George in the original production of SITPWG after not understudying it while playing Louis the baker. That'd be weird to see...
ELF To Play The Hirschfeld Theatre This Holiday Season
 Jun 11 2010, 06:47:16 PM
I love Christopher Fitzgerald to death, but don't you think a lot of the humor concerning Buddy being really tall and obviously a human among the elves lost with an actor of Christopher Fitzgerald's height? I feel the sight gag of such a tall guy dressed as an elf is pretty key to "Elf"
re: Quick-Change Shows/Actors Playing Many Roles
 Nov 14 2009, 05:54:44 PM
I've done both "Greater Tuna" and "A Tuna Christmas" in the Arles track. Lots of fun, but I all I really remember was being completely exhausted. Never a free moment for the 2 hours they roll. Every time you walk offstage you're seized by the dressers and wiggle your way into the costumes and then run to the next entrance with milliseconds to spare. If an actor drops lines or jumps or whatnot, backstage explodes into chaos.
re: How do they decide what cast albums get parental advisory labels?
 Oct 31 2009, 01:50:22 PM
Pgenre, I couldn't agree more about the edits made in the wild party cast recording. I'd always loved that recording so much and when i ended up doing it in a college production i couldn't get over how those intense moments on the recording would have enhanced a million times over by the simple addition of a f$*k here and there. I guess i'll have to find some time to go down to lincoln center in order to finally here Mandy's " You f$%$&ing WHORE"

do you have any info on why those chan

re: Shrek (the musical) to be released commercially or on DVD?
 Oct 25 2009, 04:26:41 PM
Was at the taping and I wish I had some sort of news, but not even the staff was telling anybody what was going on. Was really surprised that even when Jason Moore took to the stage at the beginning to welcome the audience that he didn't let on to why it was being filmed.
re: Tale of Two Cities: In Concert to be filmed for PBS
 Jun 6 2009, 05:32:57 PM
I know that this is worthless and pointless because its an anonymous message board, and also a sort of threadjack, but I had no idea that my screenname had posted anything on this thread til I just opened it up. Both of my roomates usually get on the boards under my account to post stuff when they're bored, but they've never posted anything so obviously untrue, cruel and irresponsible before. I just wanted to apologize, especially since what was written down was so bogus and a blatant provokin
re: Next to Normal on the View 5/27
 May 27 2009, 12:34:36 PM
I think the song fit the overall tone of the show wonderfully, just wish there'd been more time for a bit of an interview/chitchat at the end. Good song choice in marketing the show to a specific demographic. And as for my lip syncing comment, i was just curious. she didn't seem to be breathing nearly as deeply as she does on stage and her mouth seemed a little late with some of those words as they were heard. but then again the camera work was generally all over the place and i was in the m
re: Next to Normal on the View 5/27
 May 27 2009, 12:02:12 PM
No hate to Alice or the show or anything...but did anyone else get the impression that she was lip syncing? Quite a few of the sounds didn't match up with what was going on with her mouth...it doesn't really matter but did anyone else see what i did?
re: Tale of Two Cities: In Concert to be filmed for PBS
 May 26 2009, 08:47:05 PM
I've never heard more unintentional laughter come out of an audience than when i saw this crapfest. I remember going to the bathroom during Act 2. Jill Santoriello, other members of the creative team, and what i assume may have been producers were sweating bullets in the lobby as i came out from the mezzanine, chortling and snickers following me. The tone of the conversation seemed to be how quickly the show would fail and what to do about it. This was during previews, mind you.
re: Broadway songs about cars?
 May 24 2009, 12:54:46 PM
"Highway Miles" by Peter Mills. Not directly about a car, more about driving to be exact. Always making rounds in the college musical theater scene.
re: Commercial with Norm Lewis
 May 24 2009, 12:50:27 PM
I've seen it too Schmerg! It comes on quite frequently on during the local news channels and whatnot. You're from around DC right? I'm in MD and i'm wondering if its just a local thing or something because none of my other friends around the country have seen it.
re: Roundabout Birdie confirmed, Present Laughter with Garber announced and
 Jan 25 2009, 02:45:15 PM
extremely excited about Birdie!!! i'm doing the show right now and I'm falling in love with it...yay Strouse.
re: Piven Comments On 'Speeding' from SPEED at Golden Globes
 Jan 11 2009, 07:48:54 PM
lame...that comment just seems to make the excuse sound poorer and poorer. a humble apology seems to be in order

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You