News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for justabwaybaby

justabwaybaby Profile Photo
Member Name: justabwaybaby
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

RENT 2000 Screenplay?
 Oct 27 2017, 03:24:45 PM

I guess add me to the request list, as well. I hate asking, but I'm really curious about what could have been.

Beauty and the Beast
 Oct 28 2016, 05:30:10 PM

Disney's got Doctor Strange and Moana coming out in the next few weeks, so it'll probably be attached to one of those- although the trailer will probably be released online sometime the week before whatever film it is attached to is released (so, Strange comes out 11/4, might be online Monday or Tuesday). I remember the "Frozen" trailer was locked (digital key) until the day the film it was attached to was released, but they don't seem to do that with the live action fai

Beauty and the Beast
 Jul 23 2016, 02:43:27 PM

Haven't heard anything new.

I can tell you that picture is fake. There was a glimpse of the dress at d23 and that's not it.

The OFFICIAL Harry Potter and the Cursed Child Preview Thread
 Jun 8 2016, 08:42:22 PM

Part 2 isn't until tomorrow. People who saw it seemed to generally like it- at least based on what I've read on tumblr/twitter. One person said she liked about 30%- the actors and sets and effects. One person said they loved it, then went home and thought about the material and didn't like it so  much. I haven't seen it, but I have read spoilers.

Beauty and the Beast
 May 24 2016, 10:23:38 AM

westendfanatic said: "the more i watch the teaser trailer now, the more i am getting used to it.

this was posted on the twitter page yesterday...

https://twitter.com/BeautyATBmovie/status/734439497786634241

it states that another surprise is coming our way in the next week regarding the film. hope it is photos of the rest of the cast or maybe another video clip. 

"

Probably the teaser poster. Theaters will be likely getting them sometime this week. I wouldn't expect too much- the teaser for Cinderella was just the slipper. But it's something.

Jake Gyllenhaal in Sunday in the Park
 May 24 2016, 10:12:49 AM

And here's another reason I miss living on the east coast. So jealous of all of you that are going to see this!

Beauty and the Beast
 May 22 2016, 03:43:55 AM

That Cinderella teaser was 1:17. You're right, the teaser could probably be something similar.

I would love a longer look at the yellow dress. There was a quick shot at D23 and it seemed underwhelming. But then again I was hoping for something more gold. And I'd love to see how the characters are animated, because I'm a little worried about that, too.

Lullabies from musicals?
 May 9 2016, 03:07:15 PM

One day when the boyfriend and I had just started dating I had "Bushel and a Peck" stuck in my head so I was just kind of singing it under my breath. He seemed so shocked that someone else knew that song because his grandmother used to sing it to him. He didn't know it was from a musical.

My sister's fiance's grandmother sang that song quite a bit, too. Maybe it's a midwest thing?

Military discount for Broadway?
 Mar 23 2016, 05:15:48 PM

At the box office? No.

I does look like you can call the NYC USO (212-695-6160) and see if there's any discounts, but I've never tried this. Are there any shows you are looking at in particular?

That Tyler Perry Jesus Musical is still happening
 Mar 22 2016, 05:06:33 AM

I saw several ads for it, but I also live about an hour outside of NOLA. 

My mom was in town last weekend and decided to watch it. She summed it as Judas betraying Jesus because he was having an affair with both Peter and Mary. I called it Bible Glee. It just seemed so odd and random. She's a pastor and found the whole thing hysterical.

When did you realize you would never be on Broadway?
 Aug 24 2015, 03:15:14 AM

I realized pretty early I'm not a great singer, not a great dancer, and plain looking at best. So.... as much as I dreamed about it in high school and college I ended up with a poli sci degree.

Beauty and the Beast
 Aug 24 2015, 03:11:04 AM

Yeah, I think they said filming was wrapping up soon. And with 8k people I'm surprised things didn't leak. But the security was super tight so I guess it isn't too surprising? There were a lot of employees watching the audience.

Beauty and the Beast
 Aug 17 2015, 02:33:37 PM

Yeah, that's fake. If I remember correctly (it was only a brief shot) it's not off the shoulder and not particularly poofy. It also isn't shiny.

Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig
 May 14 2015, 01:42:23 PM

Interesting.... I might see this.

re: Weird Facial Expressions
 Nov 19 2008, 11:48:52 PM
"And Barbara Walsh does this scary staring thing to the audience that my friends and I dubbed as the "Barbara Walsh Death Stare."

EEK! The second time I saw the show I got front row rush tickets...and she just started staring at me. Or in my direction. And it was kind of scary...

re: Mean Girls cast
 Sep 17 2008, 12:30:54 AM
"what you all seem to be missing is they would not cast 20 year olds in the role of high-schoolers. They would cast kids(well teens)."

'Mkay...so.. Rachel McAdams

She was 28 when Mean Girls was released....

re: Mamma Mia Movie Reviews?
 Jul 8 2008, 12:06:03 AM
"And Pierce Brosnan cannot sing."

I got a copy of the soundtrack....he's not good at all.

Like WickedOne2 said, the movie doesn't open until the 18th. There may be some advance/press screenings this week, but I don't think major papers will have reviews until that weekend.

re: New Amsterdam seating question
 Jul 1 2008, 05:48:13 AM
Sorry about bumping such an old thread.

I've apparently become the go-to person for theater information in my family. My aunt called me yesterday asking about the seating in the New Amsterdam. As I've never seen Mary Poppins, I'm not quite sure what she her best options are. She had the options of rear Orchestra row S and mezz. row FF. I told her to take the mezz. seats, but she called me back later and asked about the "dancing on the ceiling" and if she would miss it from the mezz.

re: Elphie3's Official (Annual) Tony Pool!
 May 11 2008, 09:53:25 AM
oooh...I'll play!
re: Live From Lincoln Center: Camelot, airs this Thursday on PBS
 May 8 2008, 10:00:31 PM
....was that a Hershey bar?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You