News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Ziva56

Ziva56 Profile Photo
Member Name: Ziva56
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hercules is the next Disney show!!!!  Jul 9 2017, 12:36:38 PM

I know at SETC two representatives from Disney Licensing revealed they are working on a Hercules Jr and if that does well they may release a full-length version. That may be what he is referring to

A Broadway History Question...  Jul 5 2017, 11:43:29 AM

In Michael Riedel's book he talks about how in the 70s they changed the time to 7:30, and then 8:00, from 8:30 because of how dangerous Times Square had become at night. I don't know if 8:30 was the time during the 30s and 40s though...

What's next for Matilda in the US  Jun 26 2017, 12:24:08 PM

Children's Theatres are definitely going to be doing it as soon as they release the rights 

Top 5 Musicals?  Jun 14 2017, 08:41:30 PM

1. Cabaret 

2. Assasins

3. Billy Ellliot

4. Cinderella (Nostalgic Pick)

5. Spring Awakening (Deaf West Revival in particular)/In the Heights

Charlie First Listen  May 31 2017, 10:47:45 PM

I think 'If Your Father Was Here' is alright but isn't as strong as "If Your Mother Was Here.' I miss the relationship between the parents. I also feel the movie songs are unnecessary. I loved 'Dontcha Pinch Me Charlie' the songs they needed to replace are unfortunately some of the ones they kept. 

Shows with the best Scenic Design?  May 29 2017, 12:54:35 PM

brian1973 said: " 

They aren't growing on the 
set . They are real trees chopped down and put on stage- it happens ALL the time.

They were cut down but they are still growing due to the conditions of the theater. They have moisture stored in them and receive some nutrients from the lighting grid. The scenic designer talked about it one of his interviews. 

What are the most exciting things are you looking for this season?  May 24 2017, 07:48:53 PM

The Band's Visit for sure. Although I'm also looking forward to seeing how Frozen turns out

Unpopular Opinions  May 24 2017, 01:11:27 PM

-I enjoy Hamilton but don't think it's revolutionary to the theatre and it won't age well

-I can't stand Lin's singing 

-I enjoyed Spiderman Turn Off the Dark besides the music 

-I think Kelli deserved the tony over Kristen

-Michael Arden deserved the tony for direction of a musical last year

-Only half of the DEH score is enjoyable

-I can't stand Lea Salonga in Les Mis, as Fantine or Eponine 

Estate of Edward Albee Yanks Rights to Production Over Casting of Black Actor  May 18 2017, 11:05:19 PM

I completely understand why. By casting an African American actor in this role, it completely changes the story. It adds in complications of race and adds things to the story the author did not intend. 

August Wilson spoke of this perfectly in his article Ground on Which I Stand when he said we need to encourage African American authors and produce African American stories within the theatre not just cast them in white people's stories and call it a day. It works in some shows

Broadway-themed podcasts  May 17 2017, 08:48:42 PM

I love Broadway Backstory! It looks at a show from conception to opening on Broadway. They only have one season so far but they've covered great shows like In the Heights and Fun Home. I highly recommend it. 

Eliza Soo  May 17 2017, 06:26:21 PM

She was my least favorite performance in Hamilton. I also took my mother and her friend to Hamilton, and knowing nothing about the performers, they praised everyone but Soo. My mom's friend even went on to say she sounded 'whiny'. I wouldn't take it that far because I believe she has a very nice voice; but she was far from a standout amongst her peers let alone transcendent, in my opinion.

I actually agree with FlySkyHigh's family, I foun

Eliza Soo  May 17 2017, 05:11:13 PM

I don't know I can't get past Laura Benanti. She would be absolutely perfect as Eliza.

Or who knows maybe Sher will team up with O'Hara for another one? I want to say they've done four or five together so far

Great Comet recording  May 17 2017, 03:18:08 PM

I honestly can't tell if I prefer the off broadway or the broadway recording. I love Groban but after being used to Malloy it's an odd adjustment. I definitely prefer Denee to Phillipa on this one though

Is Aladdin Disneys worst show?  May 14 2017, 12:06:18 PM

Tarzan truly was the worst. Aladdin was in the middle for me as far as Disney shows. I also had problems with Mary Poppins's book but the overall production was more enjoyable than Tarzan. 

NYTimes' Brantley & Green Make Their 2017 Tony Award Predictions  May 11 2017, 11:59:28 AM

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "Brantley thinks Come From Away will take Best Musical, and...nothing else? Both of their picks for the featured categories are sort of bizarre. Mary Beth Peil? Rashad over Houdyshell? I also don't see it being so easy for Dear Evan Hansen to claim Score/Book/Director with two other very strong musicals in competition. It will lose at least one of those.

I wouldn't be surprised if DEH claims score and book

Which show posts closing notice first  May 2 2017, 09:33:46 AM

My money is on Amélie

CHARLIE AND THE CHOCOLATE FACTORY Previews  Mar 30 2017, 10:13:11 PM

The music makes me so sad. 

The West End production was lavish with most of its problems, in my opinion, stemming from some of the score. Two of my favorite songs were 'Dontcha Pinch Me, Charlie' and 'Simply Second Nature' which I am so sad to see missing in this one. 

They should have upped the production value and scrapped some of the children's songs that feel so amateurish with the rest of the show. And decided if they're doing the movi

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You