News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for EveRy

EveRy Profile Photo
Member Name: EveRy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

who have you gotten stuff back from?
 Jan 17 2008, 06:56:55 PM
I just got my signed Young Frankenstein playbill! :) But I'm kind of worried about something. I wrote a letter to Michael Cerveris, but I didn't realize that Cymbeline closed. I'm hoping that I sent it early enough that it got to the theatre before it closed, but if it arrived just before the end, do you think he'll still reply or do you think the actors just forget the mail they get when this happens? I hope not!

Also, if the letter reached the theatre AFTER the show closed, what happens? Do they just chuck it? Sh*t, that would suck.

Goodbye, ReNt, Goodbye ReNT, Just came to say good-bye ReNT, Goodbye
 Jan 16 2008, 12:28:40 AM

re: Tough Show Decision... :(
 Jan 4 2008, 11:29:37 PM
Thanks for the encouragement to see "Sunday". I think I'm gonna go with that. :) I'm really excited.

I think its amazing that like myself you are a young teen that doesnt want to see Wicked, Legally Blonde Spring Awakening or Grease!!

That's a relief! I'm glad I'm not alone because most of my friends just listen to "Legally Blonde" and "Wicked". Sadly, I did see "Spring Awakening" last year. I was again debating between two shows - "Spring" and "Grey Gardens". I had NO c

Jan 4 2008, 09:11:08 PM
But I think if I had to make a choice, it would have to be "Sunday". I just don't think I would pass it up. The decision, for me, would be that I would figure there will be another revival of Gypsy in about 5 or 10 years with a fabulous actress doing it and I could see it then. I would just have to not be upset at that time when people say "Well I saw Patti do it"!

Wow, that describes exactly what I'm thinking! I guess now I'm sort of swaying towards "Sunday". Afterall, I love it so much and yeah, I guess it probably won't be around again for a long time. Then again, I'd love to see Patti. But thanks for your replies!

Jan 4 2008, 09:00:31 PM
How come, neddyfrank?
 Jan 4 2008, 08:47:40 PM
This is a hard call. SUNDAY is opening earlier, and is a limited run. Plus, it's not a show that is revived very often.

Yeah, that's what I'm kind of freaking out about. I feel like if I don't see it now, then I'll never get to see it. Which may be a little dramatic but you never know.

Tough Show Decision... :(
 Jan 4 2008, 08:23:27 PM
I can understand why people hate when users start this kind of thread, but I need your opinions. I'm fifteen-years-old and I barely get to see any Broadway shows. For Christmas, my mom said I could get tickets to any show I wanted. Narrowing it down to two shows was the easy part - "Gypsy" and "Sunday in the Park With George".

The thing is, I really can't pick which one to see. Whichever one I pick, most likely I will not get to see the other and I'm a paranoid person so I'm anxious ab

re: Rent vs. Spring Awakening
 Dec 13 2007, 05:35:26 PM
And having a character live doesn't mean its about life. She lives for that second, but she'll die, along with everyone else.

Life is death. You can't separate the two, no matter how hard you try.

Okay, but that's the point that Rent is trying to make. Yes, Mimi will probably die soon after she comes back to life, but Roger can't escape her. Even if she's gonna die (and he will, too) they can't deny themselves and live without each other.

Larson wanted h

re: A RENT rant (of sorts)
 Dec 1 2007, 03:53:30 PM
Here's my take on Mimi dying.

"It makes me INSANE that they kill off the gay transexual dying of AIDS but let the crack-using hetero love interest come back from the dead ("It shows hope," yell the devoted.)"

The show would be completely off if Mimi had died in the end. I think that the main conflict of the show is Roger accepting love again. After what happened with April, he doesn’t want to commit himself to anybody for fear of losing them (like April). So when Mim

re: 'Avenue Q' at the Tonys... Anyone?
 Nov 6 2007, 08:47:49 PM
Well if I never find it, you might have to share some details Rick... since you were there and all. =] Only kidding... well, half-kidding.
 Nov 6 2007, 08:41:09 PM
Woah, no way! If that's actually Rick Lyon (Hi!), then that post just made my week (I mean month, hehe). Thanks for that! Yeah, I checked the Tony website. Nothing. =[
 Nov 6 2007, 07:45:08 PM
Thanks you two! But I'm really just looking for those three parts. When I said Best Musical I meant the award, not the performance. Sorry it wasn't clear! But thanks anyway. =]
"Avenue Q" at the Tonys... Anyone?
 Nov 6 2007, 06:16:58 PM
Hey everyone, sorry if this post is ridiculous, but I'm desperate! I've been dying to see a video of the 2004 Tonys (basically Best Musical, Best Original Score, and Michael Cerveris) but I can't find anything anywhere.

If any of you have it uploaded somewhere on your computer, I'd appreciate it so much if you'd share! =] Thank you again!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You