News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for roadguy

Member Name: roadguy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: rumours are out that its settled can anyone confirm this
 Nov 29 2007, 04:48:42 AM
BillyNJ - "and to think some one you doubted me ...lol"

NEVER!!!!!!

re: goodnight all, busy days ahead
 Nov 29 2007, 04:43:20 AM
I was thinking more along the lines of "don't let the door hit you in the a$$"

"Y'all come back soon, we'll leave a light on for ya."

re: Why Do Broadway Stars Lip-Sync in Macy's Parade?
 Nov 27 2007, 05:39:09 AM
neddyfrank2,

Do you know what a click track is??? There are no vocals in a click track. It's a timing/synchronizing method in music. If you ever see a conductor in a show wearing headphones, chances are, he/she is listening to a click track, which is basically an electronic/synthesized metronome.

"I can list several Broadway performers and shows that have used click tracks."

re: 7am update talks are off till 7pm tonight
 Nov 26 2007, 06:22:26 PM
billynj, moans about the stagehands earning a living while "not doing anything" yet here he is wasting his boss's money from his "warm office" making useless posts on a website when he should be doing his OWN JOB!!!!!

HYPOCRITE

"it sucks waiting for this to be over from my warm office, it must really suck to be waiting for it to be over outside the marquis"

re: how many Union Jobs are affected by the strike of 355 stage hand jobs ?
 Nov 26 2007, 03:11:44 AM
billynj

Glad to see you still have no clue about what is going on. 35 guys never get OT while 3 are fixing a problem. all the stagehands that are hired for a load in DO NOT stay and run the show. please billy go to a load in and see what happens. educate yourself before you b*tch and moan about things you have NO CLUE ABOUT!!!

"glad to see your drinking the union cool-aid

bunch of sheep being led to the slaughter by 355 pairs of greedy hands.

what c

re: To those of you who don't like unions
 Nov 22 2007, 06:16:50 PM
BroadwayBen,
Your comment quoted below makes me sick. I'm sorry. Just because most of america doesn't make a good living why should I?? I don't get the same paycheck and workrules the League does. So why should the League get it?? This mindset is what is screwing the world. The rich get richer and the poor get poorer, because John Doe doesn't make 6 figures a year, why should Jane Doe get it. The reason Local One is fighting over this is so more people CAN get better jobs. I agree th

Nov 22 2007, 06:01:46 PM
Mr Roxy,
I'm sorry i don't have a link handy, but go to Playbill.com. THey have a very good timeline of the strike. It shows that negotiations started a couple weeks before the contract expired. Negotiations weren't a last minute thing.

"The question I have is if the contract expired months ago, this should have been resolved than not trying to do it at the last minute."

re: Broadway Producers Sue Strikers
 Nov 22 2007, 05:08:26 AM
Tkt, i understand what you are saying about mondays, but they used the length of the strike already including mondays to say they've lost $35 mil..

I know the final number isn't exact, but still it's up there.. They aren't hurting for money..

As i've said before in other posts.. I don't go buying stocks in companies i hear are going bankrupt.. If 80% of broadway is a financial failure why the heck would investors think it's a good idea to drop tons of money there??

Thi

Nov 22 2007, 05:04:51 AM
Wow, that's gross.. A kid was making 11 bucks an hour and got fired... Unreal...

Union bashers?? Where are you?? No comments??

re: Broadway Producers Sue Strikers
 Nov 22 2007, 04:34:56 AM
Is it just me or does anyone else do the math??

Nederlander is suing for $35 million. They claim this is what they have lost in the 12 days of the strike.

They make $35 mil every 12 days out of the year?? Yes it's the holidays now, so they might be up a couple bucks a week during this time... But...

365 / 12 = roughly 30, 12 day blocks per year.

Even if they make $30 mil every 12 days with their 9 shows, they are still making $900,000,000 a year with 9 show

re: The Strike May Get Worse
 Nov 21 2007, 05:05:35 AM
Winston,
In regards to your comment i quoted below it makes sense. I friend of mine just sent me this link to an article that was very interesting. http://www.thewip.net/contributors/2007/11/on_the_line_stagehands_on_stri.html

Gives some information on who owns who and, to me, makes sense why things are playing out the way they are...

"It does make me wonder if this is all part of the producers scheme to make broadway a priviate venture."

Nov 20 2007, 09:37:12 PM
BK and localonecrew,

That's exactly my point. After reading that letter and the letter to actors and SM's i thought the same thing BK. It seems almost made up. Someone has way to much time on their hands. The reason I spelled out those 3 topics a couple posts ago is because they MAKE NO SENSE WHAT SO EVER!! Hire 2 guys, no we'll only let you hire one of us, flymen that make 3k a week and paying a hand to mop more than what they are already complaining they are paying him. makes no

re: Local One union boss blew the deal ..so says The NY POST
 Nov 20 2007, 09:33:01 PM
BK,
you are right. I'm sorry, I'm a stupid american who types the same bad way i speak. I should have used a comma and even put the phrase in parenthesis. Again, i never stated that you were ignorant, stupid, nor have I ever called you any other name. When i'm wrong, i WILL BE THE FIRST TO ADMIT IT. The only thing directed to you in that post was to hint to you that I'm not throwing mud by calling someone ignorant, because you are the one that gets all uptight about name calling

Nov 20 2007, 09:18:02 PM
Sorry BK, that didn't start with me nor will it end with me. I never made those statements.. So if you are mad at someone else for what you responded to below don't look at me. I don't use the word passionate.

"Sorry, I just can't let this go:

"i responded passionately because i feel passionate about the subject. did i name call? yes. did i feel that way abot bk's post? yes. do i regret it? only in the sense that i should be a better person than to allow someones anonym

Nov 20 2007, 09:11:57 PM
How does this make any sense???

A.)"We now pay more than $60 an hour, 8 hours per week, to mop a stage – even if it’s mopped only once. We offered $25,000 to every stagehand who mops, in exchange for reducing the rate by half, to more than $30 per hour for mopping. The Union said “no.”"

$60 an hour times 8 hours a week times 52 weeks equals $24960. They offered $25k in exhange for reducing some rate by half?? Why would they offer to pay $25k plus a little more than $30/hour

Nov 20 2007, 08:56:17 PM
BK,

First off, I know what the DGA is, don't call me stupid. ("just in case those initials are beyond your comprehension.)

If YOU would read my posts, you wouldn't have wasted your time responding the way you did. I never said YOU hated unions, I never said YOU did anything. I just added you to my post saying ignorance isn't name calling, because you're the one who gets so upset over it. I'm not backing the comments being made on this board. I'm just saying step back, not Y

Nov 20 2007, 06:31:24 PM
"Any thoughts or comments?"

Yeah why start another thread making comments you've already made elsewhere???

What website did all this information come from?? The industry's future and the economic well-being of all who work on Broadway depend on it.... When prices of tickets go up why should the paycheck go down?? Cost of living goes UP as life goes on.

BroadwayBen, where did your information come from?? None of the comments make sense...

Nov 20 2007, 05:57:51 PM
taka,

don't support Short or Claffey, support the union. It's not your business or support for Short or Claffey that will get a deal done. Your support for the union will.

My point about stupid posts was just made clear by our buddy billynj.. "It's a shame the other unions don't pamper their members the way Local One does.." Because they have work to supply to their members that's pampering?? It's not my fault nor local ones fault that the other unions have more member

Nov 20 2007, 05:42:09 PM
It's never going to happen because it's none of your business. I mean that in the most polite way possible.. Everyone here is trying to get "in the heads" of those involved. You never will. I agree that this should be a mature debate. I also admit I've lost the maturity at times because it's very difficult debating with people who are ignorant. BK IGNORANT IS NOT NAME CALLING. It's plain and simple, most people arguing with the Local One guys here are IGNORANT!!! THey have no clue what is t
 Nov 20 2007, 05:17:25 PM
And what's makes you so special to point out that his comments make him look like a bully??? If his comments already make that statement, let his comments do the talking.. STOP CALLING HIM A BULLY IF YOU CAN'T HANDLE BEING CALLED NAMES IN RETURN!!!!

"Sorry, no matter how you'd like to use me as an example, I was not name-calling in the way he was - I used no words like moron or the other two lovely examples of mud-slinging names. I simply pointed out he was making himself look like a b

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You