News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MlleDaae

MlleDaae Profile Photo
Member Name: MlleDaae
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Vanity Fair First Look at WEST SIDE STORY film  Apr 28 2020, 10:05:23 PM

People on this thread acting like they're not gonna see it when you KNOW their ass is buying an opening night ticket ...assuming movie theaters are still a thing come December.

Rachel Zegler Cast as Snow White in Disney's Live-Action Film  Jun 24 2021, 03:09:32 PM

Playbill_Trash said: "In the Disney version, how does Snow White get her name? /Does her name have the same origin that was in the Brothers Grimm story?"

Look at you.. trying to start a race rant. I see you. "Playbill Trash" indeed.

The Music Man’ is the wrong Broadway revival for this crucial moment  Jun 24 2021, 02:59:05 PM

A bore of a musical about a local woman ostracized by her community until a grifter con man woos her ..there by making her acceptable again.

The town shuns her due to an untrue rumor that she was in love with an older man. The town accepts her again once she.. falls in love with an older ma -- wtf??

And don't forget the moral of the story - "Maybe we should just believe the con man and everything will work out".

Other than its use of diegetic sound, barbersh

New York Musical - SNL  Nov 1 2020, 04:29:01 PM

Lol!! I can't with this board. There are people on here who out right attack others. My "get out from under your rock" comment was tongue-in-cheek and directed at no one.

Also, if you were in the know, Co-Op: The Musical has been in the works as a full Broadway musical for awhile now with a full length cast album coming soon (what "soon" means post COVID who knows).

Seriously guys... if the regulars on here aren't claiming to know everything about eve

New York Musical - SNL  Nov 1 2020, 03:17:31 PM

John Mulaney already wrote a musical with Seth Meyers called Co-Op: The Musical and it's fukcing amazing. Get out from under your rock and go watch it. It's an episode on the series Documentary Now on Netflix.

If you've seen the Merrily We Roll Along documentary Best Worst Thing That Ever Could Have Happened, you'll get the joke. Mulaney as Sondheim is my most favorite thing ever:

"When you lean into a rhyme, you

What do you guys imagine happens after the ending of Bare A Pop Opera  Oct 27 2020, 12:09:54 PM

BelovedSophie: Your question is valid and 100% belongs on this board... literally what it's for. Don't let the catty trolls get you down.

YES! Jay Armstrong Johnson YES!  Oct 9 2020, 01:17:03 PM

ClydeBarrow - Awe!! Another contemptuous, b!tchy comment from ClydeBarrow. I'd say I feel special, but looks like you do it to all the girls. ; )

YES! Jay Armstrong Johnson YES!  Oct 9 2020, 11:32:07 AM

itsjustmejonhotmailcom said: "You seem to be a fan of Jay's or perhaps friends with the creators."

I don't know any of the creators. As for Jay, I try to be a fan of most Phantom alum. This post was just my attempt at shinning a bit of light and positivity on an actor who has a new project out during this sh!tty, confusing time.

Thank you for your apology. Please, for future posts, take the time to research something before de

YES! Jay Armstrong Johnson YES!  Oct 8 2020, 08:02:40 PM

itsjustmejonhotmailcom said: "I also have experience in the television industry. I may not know everything as you profess to, but I know a lot. Boy Friends was funded through Kickstarter, that's why I mentioned it. While I am sure you can find a couple of examples of projects that were funded through crowdsourcing that eventually got major distribution, that very very rarely happens."

That time you were an extra in no way applies to this conversation. Nor does it give you any insight into anything you're attempting to know or explain which is painfully clear with every word you type.

As for Kickstarter, they ran a campaign 4 years ago "My Gay Roommate: Reloaded" that earned $68,000 in pledges specifically for the PILOT ONLY. Again... it seems you're having trouble understanding what it takes to professionally film a pilot in order to shop it around. They DID NOT run a Kickstarter for the full series and they are not looking for distribution as they have nothing to distribute yet. They're hoping for a full series pick up.

Also, tell me again how a pilot directed by Darren Stein with Johnathan Hall as cinematographer isn't "legit TV"?? 

"The big difference with Broad City, High Maintenence, andInsecure is that those were digital series' meant to be distributed that way. They didn't shoot a pilot and put it up on Youtube hoping to get picked up. Theymade a good series that developed a following and got noticed and then got picked up. And that's the most important distinction, in my opinion, that those showswere *good*. "

MY GAY ROOMMATE IS LITERALLY WHAT YOU JUST DESCRIBED. Omfg... The web series started in 2012 and quickly built a following. The creators took the same premise and rewrote it for a more modern time with new characters. They've been working on this project for the last 4+ years. Example:  AWKWARD BLACK GIRL is to INSECURE  as  MY GAY ROOMMATE is to BOY•FRIENDS.

"I believe BOTSstarted on cable, but I could be wrong. I'm not familiar with the other two. So yes there are exceptions but in the many, many thousands of TV shows that have been made, this is not how it's done. I would be willing to bet real money that Boy Friends will not get major distribution."

Okay, so not only are you talking out of your ass (your fixation with the word distribution is a huge tell), but you're also stuck 20 years in the past. Welcome to 2020, the age of Twitch, YouTube, and TikTok. If you had any idea about the insides of the industry, you'd know just how much those three things have changed the game. Ten years ago, it was YouTube. There are some great interviews with Issa Rae where she describes her experiences. Go find them.

Also? No need to get so upset! This is an internet message board where people share their opinions - many timeswrong - oftentimesdifferent than yours."

I have every reason to be upset. In this current climate of misinformation at every turn, seeing people like you pop on here arguing with others just to feel important claiming to know everything only to double down when someone calls you out is beyond tiresome. There are people on these boards that still care about learning - like we all did years ago. For someone like you to pick a fight on here without even researching is beyond irresponsible at this point. This had nothing to do with "opinions", only facts.

To everyone else: if you made it down this far ...go watch Richard Ridge's latest interview with the cast and creators of BOY•FRIENDS here!

YES! Jay Armstrong Johnson YES!  Oct 8 2020, 03:05:47 PM

itsjustmejonhotmailcom: Literally moved to another country for the next few months filming in a production bubble during a fcking pandemic because that's how my family eats ...and you're trying to tell me how the industry works? HA! How about you sit the fck down and stop claiming to know things you clearly do not.

I never mentioned Kickstarter. That's a crowdsourcing tool ...when people need funds other than their own and lack the resources or connecti

YES! Jay Armstrong Johnson YES!  Oct 8 2020, 10:27:37 AM

ClydeBarrow: ...Wow. You obviously skipped the first half of my post. Cool. Perhaps you should be the one to list every single one of his credits starting with Broadway for everyone on this thread. #girlplease

uncageg: I don't believe you have to watch the original web series. And yes, I agree with you. JAJ is a welcomed change.

In regards to the "production value" of the pilot, I believe it's both a slight nod to the original

YES! Jay Armstrong Johnson YES!  Oct 7 2020, 11:32:05 AM

Has anyone watched Boy•Friends yet? Just saw the trailer and I'm screaming YES for Jay!! Been a fan of his other projects (loved his Hocus Pocus performance at Feinstein's/54 Below). Excited to hear he's working with Roundabout again as well.

Keep in mind, this is a pilot. So, show some love and keep your fingers crossed it gets picked up! Would be great to see another network/cable credit on his IMDB, Quantico being the first.

Not many POTO alums break away int

Covita  Oct 7 2020, 09:02:14 AM

No mention of it in the comments. Someone tried to say it was Patti ...as if her voice isn't iconic and easily identifiable. Definitely not Patti singing.

Rebecca Luker Video  Oct 6 2020, 09:51:00 AM

Done!

Took no time at all. Click the link kindly provided by uncageg. The site even includes the bill for you to read.

Titanic: A New Musical OBC (...much needed 2020 appreciation thread)  Oct 5 2020, 12:40:46 PM

I'd like to point out how I had no clue the OBC Murdoch was played by David Costabile until I watched the reunion performance and screamed OMFG it's GALE from BREAKING BAD!!!!!

JBroadway - Wow! I absolutely love your review. Do you do this for a living? Perfectly put:

"And Lady's Maid impressively manages to include a mild satire of how these people have such a relatively low bar for their dreams (not unlike &q

This board in the old days  Oct 5 2020, 12:11:05 PM

2003 Alum, what's good!! Seems like I've been on this board from the start. From what I remember, it was after Broadway.com shut down their message boards and BWW was just starting. I started the "Name the Musical" posts that became it's own section for a short time (I think?). But, obviously, I only pop on here from time to time.

One thing I'm not seeing in this thread that needs to be acknowledged: most of us were kids. Bare

Titanic: A New Musical OBC (...much needed 2020 appreciation thread)  Oct 1 2020, 11:13:29 AM

In times of trouble, I seem to gravitate towards the Titanic: A New Musical OBC recording. Besides the stunning "before they were stars" cast, the music hits me in a way that I end up singing the whole show to myself sans accompaniment.

No Moon is usually the song that pops into my head. I love the way it transitions into Autumn (mad crush on Ted Sperling's voice). Of course The Proposal / The Night Was Alive<

What musical are you listening to/have listened to in quarantine?  Oct 1 2020, 09:06:26 AM

In times of trouble, I seem to gravitate towards the Titanic: A New Musical OBC recording. Besides the stunning "before they were stars" cast, the music hits me in a way that I end up singing the whole show to myself sans accompaniment.

No Moon is usually the song that pops into my head. I love the way it transitions into Autumn. Of course The Proposal / The Night Was Alive is beautiful. As far as lyrics go,

2020 Tony Awards  Apr 28 2020, 11:36:17 PM

So far, all that's been announced is that they've been postponed. Last post I could find was in regards to eligibility back in January early February. Fast forward to now, which shows would even be nominated considering Broadway will be dark until June (most likely longer)? Which leads me to my next question:

Will 2020 have a Tony Awards at all?

This saddens me on a number of levels (one obviously being the sickness, death, and stress everyone's fighting through). On

Glenn Close wants to start 'Sunset' movie by the end of this year  Apr 28 2020, 11:12:27 PM

David10086 said: "I have to say, LuPone looked beautiful remoting into Andy Cohen's show last night. Can't believe she's 71 years old."

Right?! Saw the tidbit about Glenn crashing their table and Patti's response to Jon Hamm. Can anyone tell me ...what's the tea on Patti and Glenn? I understand it was SB related, yes?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You