News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for emills612

Member Name: emills612
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

10/22 NY Times Arts Section Titles?
 Oct 24 2017, 01:29:14 AM

This is literally the most random thing, but is there anyone who has a physical copy of the New York Times from this past Sunday, 10/22, who can send me all of the titles of the articles related to theatre and whatever is in the "whats up next" section. I can look up the articles online. I had a copy but then definitely lost it on the subway. Let me know! Sorry!

Broadway TV Commercials
 Jun 19 2017, 05:02:33 AM

Hey everyone, not sure if someone can help with this, but I'm looking for a database or website or link that houses Broadway TV Commercials/TONY Ads. Specifically, I'm looking for a TV Commercial for the Original Broadway production of PARADE. There is one out there with critic John Simon's voice going "PARADE...PARADE...PARADE" from an interview he did, but I cannot seem to find it anywhere! Hopefully someone can help out!

PARADE back in New York City
 Jun 15 2017, 07:02:13 PM

Of course, Alex! The production is PHENOMENAL, so go support it while you can, it's been extended to July 9th now! 

Jun 15 2017, 07:01:25 PM

Yes! Thank you! That's what I've been trying to say! Off-Broadway would be perfect, especially with the way they do the show now, smaller theatre - more chamber than anything. Even a theatre produced with Keen Company would be great! Their revival of tick...tick...BOOM, which my good friend Christine O'Grady choreographed, was great and got great reviews and great press! I'm not saying PARADE belongs in a Broadway house again, no way. I'm just saying it deserves anoth

Jun 15 2017, 04:19:00 PM

Well I refuse to let go of this show. And negativity will follow me wherever I go, but I have a lot of hope. "This is NOT over yet". Thank you for your thoughts.

Jun 15 2017, 03:35:49 PM

The petition isn't so much to make anything definite, but you know, producers want to know they'll turn a profit, I get that. I'm just trying to start a conversation. I think a lot of people who want a PARADE "revival" make these big Broadway dream casts with a dream theatre and dream producer. I just believe in this show and believe in its relevancy today. My mentor/program director has good friends at the Writers and at Roundabout and MTC. A few of my directors have wo

Jun 15 2017, 03:19:45 PM

Oh no, no! I wish I was! I'm a Directing major in New York and I have a few professors and the head of my program who suggested that I grab the attention of the Writers Theatre in Chicago and Gary Griffin, who I've been talking to for a little now, and get them to try and get in contact with either Roundabout or MTC to bring PARADE back to New York. I just haven't heard this much buzz about a production of PARADE since the LA "revisal" in 2009. 

Jun 15 2017, 03:11:38 PM

Thanks for your response! 

Jun 15 2017, 02:42:24 PM

Okay, HEY everyone! I have a favor to ask of all of you. Please please please go and SIGN my petition to move the Writers Theatre of Chicago's production of PARADE to New York. I'm hoping either Roundabout Theatre Company or Manhattan Theatre Club takes notice and goes into talks with the theatre about it after they finish their run. This is SO incredibly important to me. SHARE THIS WITH EVERYONE YOU CAN. EVERY THEATRE AND NON THEATRE PERSON. The ONLY way we can tell this story is if we show that people care. I beg of you. SHARE THIS EVERYWHERE YOU CAN and SIGN!

https://www.change.org/p/roundabout-or-mtc-bring-writers-theater-s-parade-to-new-york-city

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You