News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for scarlson

Member Name: scarlson
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Wicked on SNL clip?
 Apr 25 2008, 11:59:33 AM
my issue with this is that unlike former snl greatness...they basically just sang the song word for word...i expect more from snl
re: wicked in chicago
 Mar 21 2008, 11:38:01 PM
I haven't seen all of the current cast, but the ones who were there are great! Fortunately, they got a new Fiyero because the last guy was horrendous...he needs a membership with OA...Overactors Anonymous...he was that bad!
re: Guilty pleasures
 Mar 21 2008, 11:31:49 PM
I gotta say Suessical...you can't deny that some of the lyrics are witty and fun to sing along with!!

Footloose
Pippin
Newsies (not technically a Broadway musical...yet!)

re: You're first broadway cast recording
 Mar 21 2008, 11:26:32 PM
Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat (with Donny Osmond) was technically the first one that was ever just mine. My parents had Les Miz and Phantom that I listened to before.
re: Favorite shows that you haven't seen
 Mar 21 2008, 11:22:55 PM
Rent (I'm the worst Theatre major ever!)
Tick, Tick...Boom!
Bare
The Last Five Years
Ragtime
Title of Show

re: Your Own Forbidden Broadway Tunes
 Mar 21 2008, 11:19:58 PM
Everytime I hear Defying Gravity...all I can think of are the lyrics to "Wickeder"

"I'll blown the Gershwin up because
I am the loudest witch in Oz.
And no one's gonna turn my volume down!!!"

Because that is exactly how I felt when I saw the show. Parts of it were really hard to hear even in the orchestra...then Defying Gravity is so freaking loud it blows you out of your seat!

re: If Mermaid had a Completely Different Cast Who would You Pick?
 Dec 23 2007, 04:28:12 PM
I really don't think the cast is the problem. I'd hire a new director, costume designer, and artistic director.
re: Disney Wonders if a Mermaid Can Follow a Trail Blazed by a Lion
 Dec 20 2007, 01:28:25 AM
"though he added that he was putting a deal together on a “large scale” show based on a non-Disney title."

Hmm...I wonder what this could be. If he's sticking with the animated musicals, I always thought The Prince of Egypt or Anastasia would make excellent Broadway spectacles and they both have proven Broadway performers that were a part of them back in the day. Interesting article, he has a point, on Broadway to have three minor to huge successes out of six tries is unbelievable.

re: Les Miserables - a Movie Musical?
 Dec 17 2007, 01:05:40 AM
i think this movie musical phenom can only work with fairly new shows (Hairspray, Mamma Mia!) or more quirky shows that can allow directors free range (see Sweeney Todd, Chicago). Unfortunately, a show like Les MIz will fall into the Phantom/Rent category. They both have die hard fans who will kill any chance of commercial success for the movie. Les MIz specifically doesn't need the "movie" backdrop since the stage show is so dynamic and stimulating. I have such a hard time seeing Anne Hatha
re: show bloopers
 Dec 17 2007, 12:59:01 AM
During Wicked in Chicago, a prerecorded wizard's voice came in over One Short Day. Didn't affect anything, but the audience was kinda, "what the hell was that?". When I saw Thoroughly Modern Millie on Broadway, Angela Christian's wig came partially off when she took off her hat. She and Millie (matinee, so no Sutton) could barely keep it together.
re: Official MAMMA MIA! Trailer
 Dec 13 2007, 12:37:59 PM
I also saw the show...didn't love it. In fact I was a little peeved because I could barely hear the speaking parts, but when the music came on it was like I was being blown out of my seat. Let's just say that I was indifferent to it upon my first experience. However, with the combination of Meryl, who as another poster said really can to anything, and Amanda Seyfried, who I loved in Mean Girls, Veronica Mars and Big Love, along with the gorgeous backdrop of the Aegean Islands, I think this co
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You