News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for choitoy

choitoy Profile Photo
Member Name: choitoy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Tina: The Tina Turner Musical question  Aug 23 2023, 12:51:04 PM

Hi everyone.

The Tina Turner Musical is coming to Seattle fairly soon, and I know the website mentions gunshots in the show.

Does anyone here know about when the gunshots are, and if they are firing live blanks or if they are recorded sound cues?

Also, what happened to the long post that was all about gunshots in shows?  It was a fairly good reference for those who want a trigger warning (pun intended) for loud and sudden noises in theatre shows.

Help me pick a show  Apr 15 2023, 07:13:52 PM

Thanks everyone.  My sister and I ended up seeing “& Juliet” and we had a really fun time.  It was pretty well done for a jukebox musical, and we gre up listening to almost all the Max Martin pop songs wipe growing up.  It was also a fun thing to see Paolo Szot become basically the Kevin Richardson of a boy band, something I would have never put on any “bingo card”. 

We ended up seeing seperate shows on Saturday night.  S

Help me pick a show  Apr 14 2023, 04:55:16 AM

binau said: "PARADE!!!"

I know Parade is a good show (I saw an excellent regional production in Seattle a few seasons ago that I still think about to this day), but I’m not necessarily the biggest fan of Ben Platt, so that keeps me from wanting to pay full Broadway prices for this.  It’s still on my short list right now, though I have to choose soon as my open slots are tonight and a Sunday matinee

Help me pick a show  Apr 14 2023, 04:22:55 AM

Hi everyone!   Long time I haven’t written on here, but I finally made it back to NYC after a five year absence (first with my own health issues, and then we all know what happened for the past few years). 

Anyway, for this trip, my sister and I knew there were a few shows we wanted to see (Sweeney, Funny Girl, Camelot, A Beautiful Noise), but we were unsure of the other shows. We originally left some of our slots blank in case a show got cancelled and we ha

Theater Gunshots  Dec 31 2019, 01:33:48 PM
I know this is super late, but can anyone remember back to Summer: The Donna Summer Musical if there are any gunshots during the show. I vaguely remember someone mentioning a gun is pulled out (during “Enough is Enough”?), but is there a fun actually fired during the show? We’re seeing the touring production soon.
Sea Wall/ A Life Magnets  Sep 26 2019, 10:48:03 PM
Hi everyone. I know this is a little bit of a late notice, but does anyone know/is able to get the magnet set for Sea Wall/A Life? They are sold out on the playbill store and I dont think they will get anymore in. Im actually looking for two sets if possible. You can PM me if you are willing to look/sell/have any leads on where to get them. Thanks!
Front Row at Torch Song  Dec 1 2018, 06:51:56 PM
My sister and I sat front row a couple of weeks ago. Great seats and even though the stage is high, you don’t miss too much. I think the only thing I missed that I wanted to see was where the bowls of string beans came from under the bed. LOL! My sister didn’t mind it too much either, and she’s short (4’10” I think?), but she had a booster and was fine with it.
Broadway Cares Fall Red Bucket Collections  Nov 18 2018, 03:35:41 PM
Saw Torch Song last night (Saturday the 17) and the bucket collector staff said last night was the first night they had signed posetrs ($100, all cast & understudies signed). They have signed playbills also for $40.
Of the 8 shows I went to, only three were doing collections. Yiddish Fiddler is doing signed posters ($40) and programs ($20). And Pretty Woman was doing programs ($40?) and posters ($200, apparently because Bryan Adams signed them too)

Help me with my NYC trip this week!  Nov 14 2018, 06:29:27 PM
Thanks for your advice ArtMan! I ended up snagging a ticket for “Trainspotting” tonight, but unfortunately around 2:00, I was notified that they cancelled tonight’s performance due to a cast member injury. I hope they recover quickly, and I was actually looking forward to seeing this show (I don’t have any other time when I can see it though). I guess I’ll head down to Theatre Row and try to get a ticket to”Ordinary Days” at the box office.
Help me with my NYC trip this week!  Nov 14 2018, 06:29:25 PM
Thanks for your advice ArtMan! I ended up snagging a ticket for “Trainspotting” tonight, but unfortunately around 2:00, I was notified that they cancelled tonight’s performance due to a cast member injury. I hope they recover quickly, and I was actually looking forward to seeing this show (I don’t have any other time when I can see it though). I guess I’ll head down to Theatre Row and try to get a ticket to”Ordinary Days” at the box office.
TO KILL A MOCKINGBIRD Previews  Nov 14 2018, 12:49:46 AM
To those asking, just saw it tonight and no merch.
Help me with my NYC trip this week!  Nov 14 2018, 12:28:21 AM
Thanks for all the advice guys!

Our plane ended up being about 20 minutes early, landing about 3:40. We decided to try the air train and subway option, and except for a small kerfuffle with buying an MTA card (I had the one from my trip last June, but it wouldn’t let me refill it, and then we accidentally bought the AirTrain+10 trip option, which I mistakenly thought was 10 subway rides, but instead was 10 AirTrain rides?), we got off one block from our hotel and was able to check in a

Help me with my NYC trip this week!  Nov 11 2018, 03:52:38 PM

My sister and I kinda planned a last minute trip to New York City this week around her early summer purchase of a ticket to Springsteen on Broadway.  So I have a multi-part question to ask of the board.

1. Our flight arrives at 4:00 on Tuesday at JFK.  We usually take a SuperShuttle into the city (we’re staying Midtown), but I was wondering if there’s a faster/cheaper way to get into the city, maybe in time to make a 7:30

FUNNY GIRL - cinemas  Oct 27 2018, 10:03:24 PM
I was just mentioning that her face looks fuller, I truly didn’t mean to imply that she wasn’t still attractive (though Fanny Brice is concidered unconventionally attractive as mentioned by the mother character in “If a Girl Isn’t Pretty”). It’s just she looks different than what I see of her from before and I found it a little distracting, like when Jennifer Grey got her nose job. I know she was suffering from a few personal and family issues during the run, and I do wish her the best.
THOM PAIN  Oct 27 2018, 03:24:05 PM

Have not seen this production, but I do have to say that all of the Will Eno plays that I have read and seen seem like reductionist, hipster pastiches of better absurdist plays, and this is coming from someone who enjoys Beckett and early Albee.  I don't know why Eno's gets the praise and adulation that it gets.  While watching the play, I always feel like that there's some inside joke that I'm not in on, which is frustrating as an audience member.

FUNNY GIRL - cinemas  Oct 27 2018, 03:17:37 PM

To BK, iPic is a chain of movie theatres that have luxury seats where they serve food to you during the movie.

I had plans to see the presentation at my local iPic (I think one of four or five cinemas that were showing it my area in Seattle), but after watching a few clips of it that they put up on Facebook, I decided not to go.  The accents bothered me a bit (and I'm usually pretty lenient), and (not to pass judgement on Ms. Smith personally), they seemed to make her look too

DESPERATE MEASURES SETS OCT. 28TH CLOSING  Oct 14 2018, 08:05:54 PM
My sister and I saw the show fairly early in its run at New World Stages, and they didn’t have merch for the show. But checking on Instagram, they did get merch, but are selling it at the theatre only. If anyone on the boards is going to see the show before it closes, are you able to get us two posters and two magnets if they still have them? Private replies are fine.
National Tour Flops  Jun 23 2018, 11:35:45 AM

I recall that the first national tour of Sunset Boulevard was a flop and closed up shop pretty early.  I think they tried to replicate the original sets and staging more (so very expensive), and they cast Linda Balgord as Norma (so basically an unknown).  I don’t remember how quickly the tour canceled, but I think it never made its way over to the west coast.   (Though the Canadian production did play Toronto and Vancouver BC).  The Seattle area didn’t get to S

SPOILER request - THREE TALL WOMEN  Jun 16 2018, 09:10:47 PM
Quick tangential question. Does Three Tall Women have any merch? Specifically a show magnet? I’m coming in to NYC and seeing the show Saturday before closing, and I was hoping to get a magnet if they had one, so I’m hoping if they had one that they don’t run out before I get there.
The Fate of Once On This Island  Jun 10 2018, 03:57:08 PM

I was telling my sister that of the three musicals up for Best Revival, OOTI is the one that needs the win in order to survive.  MFL has the Lincoln Center subscription base, and seems to be fairly popular.  Carousel, though with some faults, recently opened and has some Broadway star power going for it to keep it open until at least the fall.  OOTI though seems to be on the bubble.  It opened a while ago, and with Lea leaving soon, it doesn't have a bankable "sta

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You