News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for IdolThoughts

Member Name: IdolThoughts
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

XANADU Sing-Along
 Sep 20 2022, 10:06:41 AM

NewFest is hosting a XANADU sing-along at The New York LGBTQ+ Film Festival on October 14. Anyone going?

https://newfest.org/events/xanadusing-a-long/

New Charles Busch film at NewFest
 Oct 8 2021, 12:23:52 PM

The new Charles Busch film THE SIXTH REEL is playing at NewFest's NY LGBTQ+ Film Festival on Monday 10/18 at SVA Theatre. In addition to Charles Busch it stars Andre deShields, Julie Halston, Cady Huffman and Margaret Cho. Also streaming throughout the US.

Lots of other films that look great playing at the festival.

Newfest.org/festival

New films w/ Marin Ireland, Samuel Levine, John Benjamin Hickey
 Oct 5 2020, 11:40:19 PM

A new movie Nora Highland based on the stage play will be screening as part of NewFest, the LGBTQ Film Festival. It’s available to watch throughout the US. It’s about the casting of a gay actor in a straight role in a Broadway revival. Marin Ireland stars. The festival also has films with Samuel Levine (from The Inheritance), John Benjamin Hickey, Ron Rifkin, and a documentary on Maurice Hines.

Www.newfest.org

Leonard Soloway’s Broadway
 Oct 8 2019, 11:53:55 PM

New film about Broadway producer Leonard Soloway making its New York debut at NewFest, NY’s LGBTQ Film Festival. Features interviews with John Slattery, Olympia Dukakis, Tovah Feldshuh, Elizabeth Ashley and more. October 28.

Tickets and trailer

Selling 2 Fleabag tix for tonight
 Apr 5 2019, 10:40:34 AM
Contact me, best price
Signature Announces Season Line-up, 10 Year Extension of Ticket Initiative
 Oct 3 2011, 03:33:27 PM
Subscribed! At $25 a ticket for Fugard, Albee, Lonergan, Will Eno and Katori Hall it's a no-brainer.
I Miss On Sheep Bleating
 Jun 3 2011, 11:43:26 AM
That made me laugh out loud.
Edward Norton Talking About Performing For Edward Albee
 Jun 3 2011, 11:42:23 AM
Love this!! Great video, thanks for posting.
Running time for Tony Kushner's 'The Illusion'?
 Jun 3 2011, 11:40:57 AM
When I saw it last week it was 2 1/2 hours, including intermission. Compared to iho it was a breezy delight!
Rehearsal Photos - Tony Kushner's 'The Illusion'
 Apr 27 2011, 03:27:52 PM
I forgot about Lois Smith in Bountiful. God, she was amazing in that show. Also love Peter Bartlett, he is a comic genius. I am excited about this cast.
Internet Presale for $20 Tix to Tony Kushner's The Illusion
 Apr 4 2011, 01:54:47 PM
Thanks for the heads up, somehow I missed this. Got my tix for first preview.
Video Interview with Tony Kushner
 Sep 16 2010, 02:34:09 PM
Signature has a new video series on their website, "Angels in America at 20 Years," where they will be talking to people involved with the show since the beginning. The first one posted is a short chat with Tony Kushner - he talks about his views on the responsibility of the playwright and whether playwrights set out to "change the world." Good stuff.
Brantley Loves ORPHANS' HOME CYCLE
 Nov 20 2009, 12:51:04 AM
He wrote a love letter to the play -- says it "promises to be the great adventure of this theater season." Can't wait until Part 2!
re: Wall Street Journal and AP RAVE About Horton Foote's ORPHANS' HOME CYCL
 Nov 19 2009, 09:23:02 PM
Here ya go...

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2009/11/19/entertainment/e154848S60.DTL

Wall Street Journal and AP RAVE About Horton Foote's ORPHANS' HOME CYCLE
 Nov 19 2009, 07:12:35 PM
Looks like Terry Teachout loves Horton Foote's Orphans' Home Cycle!

"Horton Foote, who died in March at the age of 92, had to wait until the very end of his life to win general recognition as one of America's greatest playwrights. Would that Foote could have lived to attend the New York opening of the first part of "The Orphans' Home Cycle," co-produced by Signature and Connecticut's Hartford Stage. It will, I suspect, be remembered as the most significant theatrical event of the season

re: Variety Reviews Horton Foote's 'Orphans Home Cycle'
 Oct 26 2009, 05:54:19 PM
I take it you're seeing a marathon? 'Cause tix to the individual parts are all $20.
Variety Reviews Horton Foote's "Orphans Home Cycle"
 Oct 26 2009, 05:20:00 PM
Variety gave Orphans Home Cycle a rave review. It closed at Hartford Stage this past weekend and starts performances next week at Signature.

"In his final gift to the theater Foote has created a work of gentle existentialism. It asks: Why do things happen in life the way they do? That Foote's central character ultimately accepts the mystery and finds his own sense of love, home and peace is as quietly profound as a zen master's prayer. Each of the pieces can stand alone. Taken in a big

Jonathan Groff to Join Cast of Glee
 Oct 19 2009, 03:06:52 PM
Very exciting!
re: Signature Theater Company gets permanent Midtown space
 Oct 23 2008, 11:28:31 AM
Great news for Signature!!

Playbill just posted an article that should clear up the confusion about the artistic program and the three theaters.

VIDEO - Katie Holmes Sings and Dances on Eli Stone
 Oct 10 2008, 02:39:45 PM
Has anyone seen the video of Katie Holmes singing and dancing on Eli Stone? She sounds pretty good! The song she is singing sounds like a showtune -- anyone know what it's from?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You