News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Broadway Bound2

Broadway Bound2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Broadway Bound2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Your Top 10 Best Movie Musical Performances  Dec 26 2007, 10:53:51 AM
10. Emmy Rossum-The Phantom Of The Opera
9. Catherine Zeta Jones-Chicago
8. Rita Moreno-West Side Story
7. Ron Moody-Oliver
6. Judy Garland-The Wizard Of Oz
5. Adam Pascal-Rent
4. Margaret O'Brien-Meet Me In St. Louis
3. Ray Bolger-The Wizard Of Oz
2. Julie Andrews-The Sound Of Music
1. George Chakiris-West Side Story

re: do matinees have less energy?  Dec 24 2007, 10:45:15 PM
I really don't notice it as an audience member and as a performer which in my case is mostly heavy dance roles I attempt to give my all on the matinees and evening performances. There are time when I get a little tired by the end of the evening performance, but I am still giving it my all.
re: Michael Kidd has died  Dec 24 2007, 07:51:31 PM
RIP, you will be sorely missed by all.
re: Favourite Stage Effect Ever Seen?  Dec 24 2007, 07:49:47 PM
I always liked the Chandleir falling in Phantom Of The Opera.

As well as, the revolving stage in Les Miserables.

re: Yes, movie musicals are back but......  Dec 24 2007, 03:28:50 PM
Back in the day when Musicals were really strong in the film business there also was not all this other technology that distracted young people from enjoying a film. My great-grandmother would tell me that it was so nice to make a day of going to the cinema and see a movie. Now people have the outlets of just waiting for the DVD, or watching On Demand, or recieving the movies from netflix. It is much more conveiniency out there now. Yes , certain films such as The Harry Potter franchise will hav
re: Am I the Only one who disliked Anthony in the Sweeney Todd Movie?  Dec 22 2007, 08:54:10 PM
I liked his performance. Yes he was rather young and feminine looking,but I thought he did a good job as the character. His voice I thought was outstanding, noly second to the outstanding vocal performance I thought of by the child who played Toby.
re: South Pacific (Which Recording?)  Dec 21 2007, 10:16:51 PM
I would gowith the Original Broadway Cast (Mary Martin). You will get good vocals from all the cast and it is complete as it is the Original.
re: The Sweeney Todd Box Office Tracking thread  Dec 21 2007, 10:14:41 PM
I attended a 5:20 p.m. showing at the local theatre and it was less than half full. I imagine this was because pople were getting out of work just prior to that. This evening performances will probably do much better.
re: Sweeney Todd Movie Review Thread  Dec 21 2007, 09:50:22 PM
I went to see this today and I was really pleased with the overall performance and direction of this film. Johnny Depp commanded the screen the way someone portrayin Sweeney Todd should and his voice was surprisingly great.
Helena Bonham Carter as Mrs. Lovett was also magnificient and really worked well once again with Johnny Depp on the screen.
As for Alan Rickman in the role role of Judge Turpin he was once again convincing as the evil character. His voice in the song he sang with Jo

re: New 'Little Mermaid' Pics (Flounder, Sebastian, Scuttle and more!)  Dec 21 2007, 09:41:30 PM
I especially liked the Flotsam & Jetsam & Ursula costumes.
re: Things Which You Always Wanted to See on the Stage  Dec 20 2007, 09:52:40 PM
Disney's Hunchback Of Notre Dame. I would love to see that on stage. When I was real little I saw an adaptation of it in One of the WDW parks and it was wonderful.
re: What is your currently your favorite cast recording?  Dec 20 2007, 07:03:07 PM
I have always been fond of West Side Story Original Broadway cast Recording.

As for a newer show Legally Blonde is what I am into right at this moment.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You