News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for musicgal04

musicgal04 Profile Photo
Member Name: musicgal04
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Does anyone know who will play Billy Elliot at the 12/14 matinee?  Dec 14 2008, 12:41:19 AM
Kiril did the Sat matinee and Trent did the show tonight... so I would assume it would be David.

I saw the show tonight and it was fantastic.

re: Current Cast of Beauty and the Beast  Aug 14 2006, 12:44:20 PM
BATB was my first Broadway show, when I was nine... in 1995. And I thought that I had seen the most perfect actress playing Belle EVER. Sarah Uriate. I might have to go back and see her for nostaligia's sake.
re: Worst movie musical  Jun 14 2006, 12:40:59 PM
A Little Night Music.... I couldn't even get through it.
re: Les Miz Casting Call: Put Up or Shut up!  Apr 10 2006, 02:38:19 AM
They didn't see any non-union at the most recent replacement call for the tour. Its not worth going to if you aren't union.
re: Sweet Charity in CT  Apr 9 2006, 03:45:18 AM
I haven't seen it yet, but I'm planning on it. I saw Leslie Stevens (Charity) play the part in Austin, TX several years ago and she was phenomenal and it was directed by the same director. Its worth seeing just to see her. Plus its will be nice to see the Fosse choreography again.
re: Sexiest Songs from Musicals  Apr 8 2006, 10:47:37 PM
"Don't Know Where You Leave Off" from Sweet Smell of Success. I LOVE that song.
re: Best Love Scene In A Musical  Dec 10 2005, 02:25:56 AM
I love "Don't Know Where You Leave Off"! I second that. I'm also a big fan of "Say it Somehow."
re: Understudies are gods  Nov 14 2005, 11:33:16 PM
I say that Linda Muggleston and really all of the understudies in Wonderful Town really kept that show going for awhile there. Nancy Anderson and Susan Derry both held their own as Eileen... and Matthew Shepard was an amazing swing who I saw in nearly every performance I saw (11) in some capacity.
re: AMDA  Nov 9 2005, 02:21:58 AM
Go to the student board.. you will get a wide range of opinions.
re: Any DOUBT as to who will be the next Father Flynn?  Oct 26 2005, 06:53:35 PM
That would be amazing! I adore Robert Sean Leonard
re: Where to find Rent Soundtrack in AUSTIN??  Sep 27 2005, 01:52:15 PM
Try Waterloo on 6th and lamar.
re: What's your favorite 'dance number' of a musical?  Aug 27 2005, 03:51:35 AM
I love the Frug from Sweet Charity. I am also a huge fan of The Aggie Song from Best Little Whorehouse...
re: The end of SARA RAMIREZ's career?  Aug 14 2005, 01:06:59 PM
"And as far as Sarah.... Someone who wins a TONY for her performance has absolutely no worries of ever having to get a job again. Especially with how wonderful her voice is... even though its COMPLETELY wasted in Spamalot."

There are plenty of people who have won their Tony and never work again. It doesn't guarentee you anything.

re: AMDA - when do u find out?  Aug 5 2005, 07:21:26 PM
It usually takes two or three weeks, but if you call about a week after your audition they will usually let you know.
re: new 'Seasons of Love' music Video on Apple.com  Aug 2 2005, 01:13:33 PM

re: Spelling Bee stage door  Jul 31 2005, 06:11:37 PM
Dan tends to come out of the actual stage door of Circle in the Square. You can usually see him hanging around outside of the theater, on his cell phone(everytime I see him, at least.)

The last time I saw it everyone came out, except for Celia I think. It was a Wednesday matinee and she sounded like she had a cold though, so maybe she was just staying in for awhile.

re: Back from Aida  Jul 26 2005, 10:28:18 PM
I saw the production in Austin and was not pleased. They cut "Not Me" and the "Elaborate Lives" at the end before they enter the tomb. My friends in the show said that the director thought that they were taking to long to die, so he just cut the song. I think the Long Island show had the same director and from a friend I have in that production, they made the same cuts.
The somewhat cool thing about the Austin production was the sandbox/stage thing. the theatre is a thrust, so the thrust was

re: Music Theatre MFA?  Jul 23 2005, 10:34:36 PM
I'm pretty sure that Oklahoma City University has a MFA program.
re: Will there ever be a really good new musical that...  Jul 23 2005, 10:18:03 AM
I am pretty sure Urinetown was an original piece as well.
re: What the hell did they do to The Rhythm of Life?!  Jul 20 2005, 12:11:56 AM
Rhythm of Life and The Frug used to be my two favorite numbers in the show. Now I am just sad.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You