News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for bestfreakinshoes

bestfreakinshoes Profile Photo
Member Name: bestfreakinshoes
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Andy Karl leaving Drood??  Jan 11 2013, 09:09:50 PM
I would be really surprised if he went back to Jersey Boys. I thought he was great as Tommy, and I don't want to speak for Andy, but it always seems like he's looking for new opportunities as an actor.

Maybe Roundabout was considering a possible extension to/through June and he already had a prior commitment (to Rocky or whatever else.)

DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart  Dec 23 2012, 12:08:00 AM
There's already audio floating around.

The really sweet thing about it is how much they DON'T want to kiss each other, but then at the end, after the song is over, Andy dips Jessie and kisses her. Cutest.

DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart  Dec 22 2012, 11:08:32 PM
D: Bazzard
M: Rosa
L: Helena and Neville Landless

Janine did a good job. I can't even imagine what a hard job that is and the nerves you probably have, even with notice. Her singing was good and I think she only dropped one line, but she just doesn't have that sparkle (or belt) that SJB does. (I say this knowing Drood is almost a thankless role in this production...kind of gets outshined by everyone else.) I have to say that I really missed Steph the most in the Christm

DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart  Dec 22 2012, 03:20:02 PM
Wait! Is this the first time Crisparkle and Helena have been voted LOVERS?

I was there a couple weeks ago and he was in the top three, but it turned out to be Helena and Deputy. I said something to Gregg Edelman at stage door and he said that he and Jessie kept pulling for it, but it hadn't happened yet.

It's one of the pairings that is naturally in the story (like Neville and Rosa) so I was wondering what their song was like.

DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart  Dec 6 2012, 11:03:23 AM
Aw, yay! I saw it the first time it happened back in previews. I remember it being pretty hilarious, although I'm sure it is even more so now, because Andy Karl's obviously having such a fun time hamming it up in that role.
Jessie Mueller as Fanny Brice: Why has this not happened!?  Dec 2 2012, 10:50:18 AM
I'd go see Jessie in Funny Girl. I'd be willing to pay money to see her any day over Lauren Ambrose or Lea Michele or whoever the hell they would cast. (I still think SJB would be great, but I know people think her acting would be not up to par and now I guess she's getting too 'old'.)

Besides Donna Murphy, she was my favorite part of Into the Woods and she is one of my favorite parts of Drood as well. And I've been to the show with friends who didn't even realize it was her, so I do

DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart  Nov 30 2012, 12:41:52 AM
Stephanie was also telling everyone at stage door to tell everyone they knew to come see it. This didn't give me hope for an extension.

I really hope their numbers are better for the holiday season, I know they weren't great for Thanksgiving week.

DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart  Nov 29 2012, 11:55:08 PM
11/29 evening

Datchery: Bazzard
Murderer: Rosa
Lovers: Helena and Deputy

I think Durdles and Neville need to start 'fixing' the votes.

DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart  Nov 24 2012, 02:17:04 PM
I've seen this show quite a bit already and I have to say the audiences really make it or break it. The two more touristy audiences (post-Sandy, post-Thanksgiving) I've been a part of have voted for the crazier, funnier combinations: Helena and Neville as lovers, Helena as murderer, rather than what I feel is turning into the usual: Rosa as murderer, Helena as Datchery.

That's my theory, although I know there's no science to this by any means.

DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart  Nov 24 2012, 12:13:02 AM
11/23 evening

DATCHERY: Bazzard
MURDERER: Helena Landless
LOVERS: Puffer and Deputy

DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart  Nov 21 2012, 06:03:59 AM
11/20 evening:

Murderer: Rosa

Edwin Drood - Why theatre not full?  Nov 20 2012, 11:06:28 PM
The gross went up. The percentage of seats sold went down (by 5%).

It's not the holidays YET, so I think time will tell. Roundabout may have to stick to their original limited run.

We want revivals! But which ones?  Nov 18 2012, 12:27:59 PM
BABY
DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart  Nov 18 2012, 12:08:26 AM
I thought the audience was kind of dead (no pun intended) tonight.

There wasn't as much laughter at the stuff that has gotten laughs in the past. They seemed very appreciative of the sets (which are gorgeous) and the cow costume during "An English Music Hall" (WTF).

DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart  Nov 8 2012, 10:05:07 PM
Speaking of whether someone who is voted as Datchery can also be up for one of the Lovers, I wonder why this isn't the case with whomever is voted Murderer. In this production, they are not included in the Lovers voting. It's not a staging/costume thing as the murderer remains on stage after their confession. Just because they're the Murderer?

Since Betsy Wolfe seems to be often getting picked as murderer, there's only Helena and Puffer for the female Lovers choice. Although, this is tu

The Mystery of Edwin Drood - Excitement Level?  Nov 2 2012, 11:44:34 PM
So, so thrilled to hear so many people are loving Andy Karl's performance in this. I've seen the show twice and he's already added so many little touches and funny bits in the past two weeks. I find myself watching him whenever he's in a scene.

I'm partial to Jessie Mueller and find she and Andy have a good rapport, but I simply think the Neville role has more meat to it. I would LOVE to hear Helena's confession, though. Next time...

An Open Letter to the Roundabout Theatre Company - Re: DROOD  Nov 1 2012, 02:33:43 PM
But I agree with the poster who mentioned that the Sondheim is a bit too modern looking and feeling for this production, since it's supposed to take place in an English Music Hall. Studio 54 has the perfect feel for it. Needless to say, though, that it would be wonderful if the show's run got extended.

And I agree about a cast recording as well. They've got so many great Broadway voices and on the rise actors that I can't imagine it not happening.

DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart  Oct 28 2012, 08:31:43 PM
Sunday, October 28

According to twitter:

DATCHERY: Crisparkle
MURDERER: Rosa Budd
LOVERS: Neville and Helena Landless (so sorry to keep missing this!)

The Mystery of Edwin Drood - Excitement Level?  Oct 28 2012, 12:29:17 AM
Awhile ago on this thread, someone asked about the lyric change for Neville in "No Good Can Come from Bad".

The original is this and was changed for obvious reasons:

Sir I don't much like your tone, that supercilious sneer you wear!
Clear, you wear a finer cut than mine,
Ah but a waistcoat worn can soon be torn,
And faggots, too, 'til maggots feed on you!

Now, I believe the last line is changed to (vagueness ahead): Something something weed, I don't ble

DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart  Oct 27 2012, 11:44:57 PM
See below

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You