News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for RENT's_Awakening

RENT's_Awakening Profile Photo
Member Name: RENT's_Awakening
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Most awkward moment you ever had in a theater?  Feb 11 2013, 12:43:48 AM
I was doing a production of Willy Wonka, Jr. as Wonka. Before the factory scenes, in this script Wonka serves as narrator. At one point, I had the line "And every year, Charlie got a very special treat," and handed the Wonka bar to his parents. One performance, I completely forgot to make sure I had the bar onstage. Seeing as it's a rather crucial plot point, I wildly improvised. "...got a very special treat. Which I'm going to get for you right now."

I promptly ran offstage, leaving t

Les Miserables variant lyrics  Jan 21 2013, 03:15:54 PM
I like keeping track of the interchangeable Javert lyrics in Stars:

"Fallen from God, fallen from Grace" is what is usually sung, but the libretto has always said grace both times.

"And so it has been, for so it is written" is usually sung "And so it must be" although the libretto has always said the former.

And of course, although the libretto has always said "One more day til revolution" most Javerts insist on singing "One day more til revolution"

^things I

DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart  Jan 14 2013, 02:05:27 AM
Chita was still out as of the 1/13 matinee, as well as Will Chase.

Which I saw with:

DATCHERY: Helena Landless
MURDERER: Bazzard (I was very happy of this, as in my opinion Benson steals the show.)
LOVERS: Helena and Durdles, which was a hoot.

Best Les Miz Summary Ever  Dec 29 2012, 02:06:12 AM
Thenardier was definitely French-accented.
does melky rape wendy?  Nov 11 2012, 05:37:42 AM
This thread came to mind today when I read this review of Temple University's recent double cast production of SA, in which I was a member of the Orange Cast.

"The Blue Cast seemed to be playing the young love and naïve take on the show, something that is hard to do with Spring Awakening as the main theme seems to be “no innocence.” The young man playing Melchior, decided to create and earnest and sincere character, a choice that is not usually made for the role; this combined w

If you LOVE showtunes, then I'd LOVE your help!  Oct 17 2012, 02:14:22 AM
Victoria Clark, Fable in LitP.

Nothing else compares.

Information about Titanic the musical  Aug 21 2012, 02:58:54 AM

Information about Titanic the musical  Aug 21 2012, 02:57:01 AM
http://youtu.be/WGpAgffGC8Q

This is a production I was part of on the hundredth anniversary of her sinking. We used one stationary set, the 'ghost ship', and the entire show was played as though the characters were living out their stories one last time. I remains one of the most amazing experiences of my life.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MxiwhiAjHeM&feature=share&list=PL6135620262CD32C2

Moments You Love in Cast Recordings  Jul 18 2012, 06:05:26 AM
So, so many.

The dialogue recorded on the London Cast Recording of Parade before "Sh'Ma" slays me. Leo's whole bit about God having a purpose for everyone. Ugh all the tears.

Brent Carver's It's Hard to Speak My Heart, Parade as well. "I know it makes no sense, I swear I don't know why...you see me as I am, you can't believe I'd lie."

Malcolm Gets on the majority of Story of My Life, but especially his geeky laugh. It's so endearing.

Philadelphia revival of SPRING AWAKENING set in a 50’s diner because shut up.  Jul 12 2012, 02:31:36 AM
The older guy is Adult Males. Jim Hogan, red-head who I have been in a few shows with, is Melchior. He's 21.

My cousin is also playing Ernst in this. He never mentioned a reason for the change of setting...

My interview with Ken Ludwig on 'Twas the Night Before Christmas' at Adventure Theatre and some news on 'Crazy For You  Dec 2 2011, 12:21:58 AM
What is the new ending to CFY? Anyone know?
Theater quotes you must continue when you hear in everyday life  Nov 6 2011, 10:54:02 PM
Any time anybody says 'Jesus Christ!!!' I quietly finish "...Superstar..."
Best Solo CD?  Aug 29 2011, 03:25:28 AM
Hey all. I have a class in school this coming semester where one of our assignments is to listen to a solo album of a musical theatre performer. I'm tempted to get Malcolm Gets' single - I'm partial to Broadway Baritones, since that matches my vocal range. I was wondering if anyone has any opinions or suggestions on this matter? Thanks so much!
Best High School Productions On YouTube  Feb 1 2010, 06:31:48 PM
http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=siriuspotter92&search_type=&aq=f

I post this page with hopes you'll watch the two videos from my school's production of "Light in the Piazza", as well as the video of me in "Crazy for You" at a Catholic Girl's school.

I think they're good.

Male Lead in Urinetown?  Sep 11 2009, 04:06:37 PM
Hey, just wondering...who is considered the male lead in Urinetown? This has been a long debate for me. Bobby is the protagonist, but Lockstock is the narrator...it's kind of like a Cat/Horton debate in Seussical. Also, Cladwell was in the running for Lead Actor at the Tonys...opinions?
Light in the Piazza Seattle  Mar 21 2009, 09:48:16 AM
I found this video on Youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9cHzV2j4rrs

It didn't occur to me that Piazza went under some serious rewrites before it came to Broadway. Does anybody know what was different during the Seattle run?

re: Crazy Concepts of Classic Shows  Mar 11 2009, 10:48:34 AM
While I agree...it's still a high school. Keep that in mind, High Schools are for the experience, not for professional quality. The students had fun and it was universally received well by the audiences, plus it sold out every night...so he did SOMETHING right.
re: Crazy Concepts of Classic Shows  Mar 11 2009, 10:38:17 AM
Yeah, my school did Light in the Piazza this year.
re: Crazy Concepts of Classic Shows  Mar 10 2009, 04:37:48 PM
My director is admittedly a little eccentric, and he knows next to nothing about Broadway and musical history - his 'concept' with the Wiz is that he thought it had a terrible book, but a brilliant 'rock' score, therefore he chose to accentuate that - make it a rock concert, with all the characters in Oz being rock stereotypes. Even The Wiz was modeled off of Prince. But he can be very literal too, it's just he had just seen Spring Awakening - in a year, we went from this:

To this:

re: Crazy Concepts of Classic Shows  Mar 10 2009, 11:47:58 AM
My High School director is all about concept musicals. We did "The Wiz" last year under the concept of a rock concert - every character and ensemble was based off a group. Dorothy was Gwen Stefani, The Scarecrow was Keith Richards, The Tinman was Bob Dylan, the Lion was Eminem. Evillene was a generic goth, the Lord High Underling was her sex slave (dog collar, fishnets, and a beater), and Glinda was Mary J. Blige. The set was just a huge OZ, a green O with bright lights around it that flashed an
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You