News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for musiclover4

musiclover4 Profile Photo
Member Name: musiclover4
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Are there certain performances of SPAMALOT that Clay does NOT do ?
 Mar 29 2008, 02:41:23 PM
You probably would encounter fewer Clay fans during the week. Both shows I was at were on the weekend and the crowds were very respectful. That being said, both shows I was at, the majority of the audience was not a Clay audience with very few of his fans. If you are serious about seeing Spamalot, I would see it asap, as towards the end of Clay's run, which is coming up quickly, there will be more Clay fans attending.

The show is hysterical, clever, fun and the cast does a great jo

Mar 29 2008, 01:47:34 PM
"Another thing that worries me a bit, is if they start SCREAMING and YELLING every time he appears, thus drowning the action in every scene he is in ! Because it's obvious they have no idea of theater etiquette (or theater in general)! "

I've seen the show 2x in late January and just recently this March and there was no screaming and yelling not even a curtain call but just appreciative standing ovation applause for the entire cast.

Here's a simple plan, skip the show or se

Mar 29 2008, 10:56:17 AM
"You are right they are obsessed to an unhealthy degree, and can't see that the rest of the world does not care about Clay or think about him very often. The most vocal fans cannot tolerate the slightest comment about him if it is not adoring and worshipful. Yes you are right, I do think he is ashamed of them but he needs them for his bread and butter, what a position to be in! "

Dominique,evidently, you care. Why the hell else would you be posting here over and over to try and

re: Clay:The Musical?
 Mar 7 2008, 11:35:35 AM
First of all, the show was about AI and not about Clay. buy a clue. Then again, it's seems to be a sport on this message board to start yet another Clay Aiken thread so all the loser wannabies flock into the thread to tear him down to feed their own egos. So go ahead and have your jollies. While Clay Aiken is starring on Broadway, getting decent reviews and getting ready to release a new cd, where are all of you?
re: Clay Aiken Deftly Acts Supremely Silly - AP Review
 Feb 25 2008, 04:20:21 PM
Don't get your panties all tied up in a wad. We already acknowledged the EW interview. IMO, it wasn't all that bad but if you want to focus on it, go right ahead. I've come to the conclusion no matter how well Clay does on Broadway, a lot of you won't ever give Clay the respect he deserves. Well too bad, because he respects his fellow cast members as well as the talent on Broadway. I just read where Clay also donates a percentage of his Spamalot souvenir sales to the BCEFA and not to his own f
re: kristen chenoweth's performance tonight
 Feb 25 2008, 11:20:55 AM
I thought all three of The Enchanted song performances were very weak. The last performer, John McLaughlin, was even struggling to hit notes. Maybe they were all just nervous but the performers sure didn't sell the songs.
 Feb 25 2008, 08:09:19 AM
Another great review again with the reviewer giving credit to the entire cast of Spamalot. Looks like Mike Nichols was right.

http://www.newsday.com/services/newspaper/printedition/monday/partii/ny-etaik5590463feb25,0,2714496.story

Review: Clay Aiken fits as Sir Robin in 'Spamalot

Feb 22 2008, 09:40:59 PM
Nice review. Glad to see the reviewer acknowledging all the other cast members. Spamalot is fun and entertaining. I was never bored through the entire show.
re: Some thoughts on Spamalot this evening
 Feb 11 2008, 07:24:48 PM
Nice interview and article regarding Clay Aiken in Spamalot.
http://www.broadway.com/gen/Buzz_Story.aspx?ci=560459&pn=1

re: DHP Answers Your Questions
 Feb 1 2008, 09:30:23 PM
He's a very talented, cute, classy guy. Looking forward to seeing Curtains in the spring.
re: Your first musical
 Jan 25 2008, 09:32:35 AM
The original Chorus Line and to date, it's one of my all time favorites.
Reviews of Clay in Spamalot?
 Jan 24 2008, 09:37:04 AM
Interesting someone would pay all thst money to see a show you don't like. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. That being said, this thread has been fairly civil snd decent and it would be nice to see no bashing of the poster.

Jan 24 2008, 08:45:47 AM
Interesting that someone would pay all that money to see a show they don't like. everyone is entitled to an opinion. That being said, this thread has been fairly decent and civil, and it would be nice if it didn't turn into bashing the poster.
re: Clay On The View!
 Jan 23 2008, 04:28:02 PM
Is it only Clay that get's ever single word he says dissected or do people do this to all celebrities?

Jan 23 2008, 03:12:00 PM

Ex-Idol Clay Aiken slips into 'Spamalot' By MARK KENNEDY, Associated Press Writer
1 hour, 34 minutes ago

NEW YORK - Clay Aiken is trying to become the next American Idle

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20080123/ap_en_ot/theater_clay_aiken_1

Jan 22 2008, 08:12:26 PM
From Variety

Broadway box office bounces back
'Spamalot' surges in post-holiday upswing
By GORDON COX

http://www.variety.com/article/VR1117979460.html?categoryId=15&cs=1

Quote:

After a rough post-holiday frame that saw receipts plummet, Broadway sales got a welcome uptick last week. Grosses rose by about $700,000 to an estimated $17.5 million for 31 shows on the boards -- a tally that also compares favorably with the $14.7 million for 28 shows reported over the same week last year.

One of the largest week-to-week gains was seen by "Monty Python's Spamalot" ($797,390), which looks to have benefited from the debut Jan. 18 of "American Idol" alum Clay Aiken. Both "Spamalot" and "Legally Blonde" ($668,409), seemingly correcting a bit after steep dips the prior sesh, rose by $138,000 each.

re: SPAMALOT - HANNAH WADDINGHAM
 Jan 22 2008, 01:25:05 PM
Saw the show on Sunday, she was fantastic.
claymation live onstage in living color
 Jan 22 2008, 12:21:06 PM
Hey, I'm a Clay fan but I'm well behaved. The OTT fans drive me crazy at times too. we're no all like that. I think the audience will be different as he show progresses. Just don't go to the last shows he's in in May. I was there Suday afternoon and there were not that many Clay fans. In fact, there were quite a few families and men. Clay was just on The View and he said, tactfully, that he was a little embarrassed by the Friday night audience reaction. He didn't want the attention on him
re: Reviews of Clay in Spamalot?
 Jan 21 2008, 11:14:10 PM

For those of you who have seen Clay already:

Has he in fact been given more to sing than David Hyde Pierce had? Can you describe which songs he sings

I don't think they added an entire song but added a few lines to make Sir Robin a show off of his vocals and the line is the Idol of the Stage or Ages (lots of laughter so was hard to

re: secret discount code
 Jan 15 2008, 09:03:58 AM
Never would have guessed.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You