News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MassiveMeGo

MassiveMeGo Profile Photo
Member Name: MassiveMeGo
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Previews
 Dec 31 2018, 08:03:48 PM

dramamama611 said: "NO, you only fixated on the "attacks" on them- or took any comment that wasn't praise AS an attack. ."

And everything following this weak denial is more attacks. You can identify a troll crew by the fact that they can't find a single thing that isn't negative. Even the good reviews are bad because they are expected. 

I'll honor my wager and leave the trolls to their <<edited by BWW staff>&

Previews
 Dec 30 2018, 07:46:57 PM

Just FYI, disagreeing is not battling. Battling is what you do to get banned.

"AGAIN, the vast majority of comments here have been about results (the box office) NOT a out the show itself."

Total bull. If you weren't attacking me you were attacking them. Very little was about the actual show but more about bragging that you didn't pay for tickets, refuse to buy a ticket, need comps and plan to hate it anyway" 

"And, NO, w

Previews
 Dec 30 2018, 01:31:12 AM

And this 

Previews
 Dec 30 2018, 01:28:07 AM

Yours is random. This is national to millions. 

Previews
 Dec 29 2018, 05:30:00 PM

If people came here they would get a lot of negative opinions which really don't reflect the real world. Its a shame that the chat threads have become contests for who can find the most fault and be the most nasty. 

EVEN THE GRINCH COULD LOVE ‘RUBEN AND CLAY’S CHRISTMAS SHOW’

Their Christmas show marries the best of classic holiday variety shows with the amazing talents for which the now-40-year-olds are remembered. The show is a two hour roller coaster of emotion. Aided by a cast of five singers/actors, as well as a set to rival that of any Andy Williams Christmas TV special, the pair make their mark by embracing the best of what makes Broadway, Broadway. Campy costumes, wonderful orchestrations, and all-out spectacle.

[Read More at themusicuniverse.com/even-grinch-could-love-ruben-clays-christmas-show/ © The Music Universe. All Rights Reserved.]

Previews
 Dec 20 2018, 11:51:29 AM

Larry6417 said: "Okay, so this "annual" show will NOT be invited back to Broadway next year."
From day one we knew this was a 3 year contract. This year on Broadway and the next 2 on tour. Your pronouncements are late. By the way the NYT loved it. So did a few others. You can say it got bad reviews and it did but it got good reviews too and the audiences are raving about it which counts far more than any critics. 

Previews
 Dec 17 2018, 05:11:12 PM

I'll just say this and be done.

" It's NOT the show itself....most of us haven't seen it and don't even have anything against it."

I can easily just ignore it, which I will, but if you didn't see it, don't plan to and only have negative opinions, I'm not the problem. 

Previews
 Dec 17 2018, 04:55:22 PM

Broadway grosses says 4680 capacity = 585 per show but lets not split hairs. 

Previews
 Dec 17 2018, 04:49:46 PM

Miles2Go2 said: "And it’s only filling those seats by deeply discounting/comping those tickets. You do know people would be much more generous toward this show on here if you weren’t so intent on spinning every damning factoid in the show’s favor, right?"

Oh so the collective you hates the show because I don't hate it? Gotcha.

Previews
 Dec 17 2018, 04:41:34 PM

Math not your thing? 

Previews
 Dec 17 2018, 04:15:45 PM

ggersten said: "dramamama611 said: "
I'm guessing MassiveMeGo is conceding that this was a show that shouldn't have been in a Broadway theatre?
"

Nope not saying that. I'm saying that the 4,500 seats sold this week at smaller theaters would have been a sold out show. 

Previews
 Dec 17 2018, 03:50:53 PM

If it were in the Hayes it would be a sold out run. Someone said it was in too big a theater and they are right but it was the only one available at the time. The producers consider it a success. That's all that matters. 

Previews
 Dec 17 2018, 03:45:00 PM

The show is a big success according to those who actually attended. Unfortunately more people should have attended. It is what it is. I'd rather have a critical success. 

Previews
 Dec 17 2018, 03:37:50 PM

How is posting reviews misconstruing facts? I talk about the show. You talk about me. 

Previews
 Dec 17 2018, 02:28:50 PM

Just this.  "nothing you or we say on this thread will impact the show’s success or failure." Try to remember that.  

Previews
 Dec 17 2018, 01:49:45 PM

On the Town With Aubrey Reuben
Where All the Stars Shine Brightly!
December 15, 2018

Ruben & Clay's First Annual Christmas Show , at the Imperial Theatre features the two singers,  Ruben Studdard  and  Clay Aiken . Five other members in the cast, directed by  Jonathan Tessero , accompany them in a salute to the Christmas season. All are wonderful singers, and sing all the traditional Christmas songs. It is the perfect gift for the holidays. The audience enjoyed every moment, and gave the cast a standing ovation. We celebrated the opening at Copacabana. 

http://blacktiemagazine.com/New_York_Society/Aubrey_Reuben_December15_2018.htm

Previews
 Dec 16 2018, 06:31:48 PM

"Surprisingly delightful"  "Audience completely won over"

BroadwayRadio‏ @BroadwayRadio 40m40 minutes ago

Michael Portantiere enjoyed @RubenAndClay! Hear what he had to say about it on #ThisWeekOnBroadway (starting at 51:15): https://broadwayradio.com/blog/2018/12/16/this-week-on-broadway-for-december-16-2018-to-kill-a-mockingbird-fabulation/ …

Previews
 Dec 14 2018, 04:37:40 PM

Hang onto that. Its all you've got. 

Previews
 Dec 14 2018, 04:19:03 PM

I see you all working hard to diminish the show's success. Try not to hurt yourselves. 

Meanwhile:

Janice Dean‏Verified account @JaniceDean 

If you are in #nyc and want to see a FANTASTIC broadway show you must get tickets to see my friends @clayaiken @RubenStuddard @RubenAndClay #christmasshow I promise you will love it. They are magic together. Also: they will be performing on @foxandfriends this weekend! ??

Previews
 Dec 13 2018, 06:32:56 PM

Sorry/not sorry the positive reviews are upsetting. Here's another one. 

ENTERTAINMENT New York Post

Clay Aiken and Ruben Studdard have fixed ‘Baby, It’s Cold Outside’

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You