News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for kitkatgirl54

kitkatgirl54 Profile Photo
Member Name: kitkatgirl54
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Che in Evita-- Vocal Range?
 Sep 3 2008, 02:09:28 PM
Does anyone know the vocal range (highest note specifically) Che sings in Evita?
re: Where is Row BB in ORCH at Beauty & The Beast?
 Mar 28 2006, 05:48:37 PM
it's alright. it's not that big of a theater.
re: More Threepenny thoughts
 Mar 28 2006, 11:44:33 AM
okay, thanks
 Mar 28 2006, 11:18:32 AM
"Scott Elliott's production of Threepenny is about as Brechtian as a high school production of Cabaret."

Good to know, that's why I made sure to preface what I said with 'i'm not sure if it's poor direction'. Regardless, I'm sick of hearing the major critiques to the show being the Brechtian elements that have a right to be there. I'll give you my thoughts after I see it, I realize it's ridiculous to argue it if I haven't seen it. Speaking of which, does Elliott borrow anything more fro

Mar 28 2006, 12:55:48 AM
i can only read "what's with the scene titles" so many times. if you want to have an informed discussion about a show, i say be informed.
 Mar 28 2006, 12:47:15 AM
right, lets not forget that this is broadway, and sad but true, money is what it's all about.
 Mar 28 2006, 12:09:34 AM
i haven't even seen the show yet (so i can't tell if this is a matter of poor direction or a matter of poor understanding of the material on the audience's part), but i really wish people would start reading up on brechtian theater before seeing (or at least reviewing!) this show and critiquing the elements that need to be in the piece to remain true to brecht's style.
re: Matt Morrison to Leave Piazza August 28
 Jul 24 2005, 04:39:49 PM
aww no! i don't understand why i haven't seen it yet.. time and money i suppose.
re: Ever Played The Same Part Twice
 Jul 24 2005, 03:53:16 PM
scarecrow, wizard of oz. (children's theater, obviously, and both before the age of 13.) i'm a girl!! what were they trying to tell me?! :)
re: Are Playbills...always black and white?
 Jul 24 2005, 03:41:39 PM
i remember les mis used to do the colors all crazy for certain anniversaries and special dates. that was fun :)
re: Matt Morrison to Leave Piazza August 28
 Jul 24 2005, 03:40:22 PM
ahhh i have been putting off seeing piazza for way too long and this is a wake-up call! thanks!!
re: Are Playbills...always black and white?
 Jul 24 2005, 03:38:28 PM
to add to the "many shows begin in color and then in order to save money, print in b&w," rent was originally in color also.
re: Janet Jackson not in the mood for Alan Cumming jokes
 Jun 20 2005, 11:58:06 AM
i feel like the reporter was making something out of nothing ... her comment seemed more like a segue to talk about michael jackson than a jab at alan.
re: AMEX presents Broadway on Yahoo
 Jun 20 2005, 02:22:32 AM
hehe i saw that too ...

then there are some tabs at the bottom that you can click on , featuring other broadway shows. i didn't watch them all but the spamalot one is one of the better ones.

re: Norbert out Sat. night cause of Ice Cream!!!
 Jun 20 2005, 02:07:45 AM
ugh coldstone makes me soooo sick ... and now i associate it with the children international guys that attack me as i walk past the coldstone on astor every day.
re: Norbert out Sat. night cause of Ice Cream!!!
 Jun 20 2005, 02:01:59 AM
was he eating any ice cream? naughy, naughty. every singer knows that dairy is not the answer :)
re: What's with the herbal cigarettes?
 Jun 20 2005, 02:00:43 AM
i've done some research on this and the only thing that is missing from herbal cigarettes is the nicotine. so, technically it is less bad for you and certainly less addicting. the carbon monoxide is still there though so it's not like it's GOOD for you. but it is the lesser of two evils, i suppose.
re: Hediwg-Appropriate for a 12 year old?
 Jun 20 2005, 01:30:24 AM
i had just turned 12 when i saw hedwig for the first time and it was a life-changing experience. no play i have seen since then could ever hold a candle to it. - this was however back in the day when the show was off-broadway and still fresh.

but, this in mind, i did go the first time with my parents. i'm assuming you're going with your parents..? i'd suggest looking into getting the cast recording before you go, reading a synopsis or even the script ... you're a better gauge of whether

re: Does Hugh Panaro have a understudy?
 Jun 11 2005, 12:05:07 AM
really? 35 minutes? wow.

am i the only one who thought hugh panero was way too over the top -- especially at the end? i know mostly everyone loves him, and i thought he was good, but i thought the last 10 minutes or so to be waaay too much.

re: Mixed feelings about The Music Man
 Jun 11 2005, 12:01:02 AM
that was the first real musical i ever did (amaryliss, when i was , so i guess i have a soft spot for it. however ...

i think the rhythmic style of the lyrics was very ahead of its time and it is still impressive to hear people rattling it out (especially the harold hill and salesmen stuff). sure, marion / the love story is dry, but it's an old musical, what do you expect. i think it holds up well - i just wish high schools would stop cons

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You