News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ski2904

ski2904 Profile Photo
Member Name: ski2904
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: What's Your Favorite Broadway Theater?
 Jun 5 2008, 01:37:13 PM
Hirschfeld, for its intimacy, beauty, and for sentimental reasons.

New Amsterdam for its beauty and personal reasons.

I also like the Barrymore and O'Neill for different reasons, probably the shows I saw and the experience.

Also, the Beaumont is nice for the stadium style seating, the stage, and of course some of the amazing shows they have done there.

re: Tony Performance UPDATE
 May 31 2008, 07:04:52 PM
They may just extend the overview portion when they show snips from each show in the season, with the shows not nominated having more time in the clips.

I know last year when they did the overview they showed small snippets from every show, but specifically had audio (not much, maybe only 10-15 seconds) from the musicals not nominated, i.e. a bit from So Much Better from Legally Blonde. They may just extend this to a five minute sequence or so.

re: Tony Watching Drinking games
 May 13 2008, 07:09:39 PM
Anytime somebody says their show is 'groundbreaking"

Anytime the Producers or Hairspray is brought up in conjunction with Young Frankenstein and Cry-Baby.

Anytime a presenter butchers someone's name, the name of a show, etc..

re: My Tony Nominations Predictions
 May 8 2008, 11:33:49 PM
IF Mermaid gets any nominations, and that's a big IF, the only ones it may have a chance at are score, maybe a generous feat. actress nom for Sherie Rene Scott, and lighting (which I think has the best chance, since it was the only thing that looked halfway decent about the show).
re: Who will be the next tenant of Circle on the Square?
 May 8 2008, 08:46:29 PM
13 is at the Jacobs in the fall.
Tale of Two Cities has the Hirschfeld.

If Godspell is going to a Shubert, something would have to close pretty soon at one of their theatres for the show to be in by July. I wonder what...

It isn't unprecedented for a show to change thetres before opening. It happened with Caine Mutiny Court-Martial a couple years ago. Correct me if I'm wrong, but it was going to be at the Lyceum, but Dancer's Life closed, allowing it to move to the Schoe

re: BROADWAY SEASON 2007-08 CONCLUDES! (Quick Poll)
 May 8 2008, 06:48:22 PM
August: Osage County. Period.

This coming from an almsot strictly musical theatre person.

re: August: Osage County recoups
 May 7 2008, 08:02:53 PM
Great news, and an amazing show!

Didn't take all that long considering the size of the show, and the cost of the move to the Music Box.

Speaking of that, would the cost of the move count in what is normally called the "initial investment" or would it be considered an added part of the running costs?

re: Closed After One Performance?
 May 7 2008, 07:57:01 PM
<
I imagine a musical celebrating the Chicago Bears might not do well in Green Bay.>>

That made me laugh.

Yet, Damn Yankees has done pretty well on Broadway. Hmmm.

re: Closed After One Performance?
 May 7 2008, 06:12:23 PM
Mambo Kings was supposed to play at the Broadway a few years ago, and already had the marquee up, but never made it. Color Purple ended up there instead.
re: GLORY DAYS reviews
 May 6 2008, 07:53:38 PM
It undoubtedly should have had more time, and I agree that it probably should have gone off-Broadway, but as Foster said, how could they say no.

So do you think this will make it longer than High Fidelity?

re: Mary Poppins & original novel
 Apr 29 2008, 11:54:44 PM
According to the Disney bio "Magic Kingdom", the movie drew from seven chapters of the books. I don't know how many more the musical uses. I should really probably know since I just wrote a paper on the movie and musical and my professor for the class wrote the biography.
re: Mary Poppins & original novel
 Apr 29 2008, 10:00:48 PM
The stage version mixed the elements of the movie with the books. Most of the Disney movie is only based on the first books in the series, and the stage production changes some parts of the movie and incorporates them with elements of the book, like singing Supercal at Mrs. Corry's.

re: August Osage running time?
 Apr 29 2008, 06:21:22 PM
Yeah. For a 7:30 it gets out about 5 to 11, and I heard that from the ushers also.
Adding Machine Music/Demo
 Apr 29 2008, 12:57:55 AM
Does anyone know if and or where there may be any place to listen/download a demo or any music from Adding Machine. I really wish I would have gotten to see this when I was there last month, but as always, there are too many shows and you miss some sometimes. Thanks!
re: Guessing A Show?
 Apr 26 2008, 12:06:59 AM
Yeah, there are so many 1800s-set musicals that would fit a lot of the rest of the criteria.
re: JACKIE HOFFMAN KISSED A SOLDIER-IN-TRAINING ONSTAGE TONIGHT
 Apr 25 2008, 11:55:13 PM
Haha!!! That's hysterical. Jackie Hoffman is one of the funniest people.
re: Guessing A Show?
 Apr 25 2008, 11:49:46 PM

could be Brigadoon if your teaher is stretching the criteria a bit, since to the people of Brigadoon it is the 1700s,

Pimpernel maybe, but it hasn't exactly had a "traditional" revival

There really aren't that many shows I can think of that take place in the 1700s

re: Jersey Boys in St. Louis
 Apr 25 2008, 11:24:27 PM
I don't think there's any sort of rush. I think the upper balcony tickets are only about 30, but for anyone whose been to the Fox before, it seems like you're sitting in Chesterfield watching the show from there.

I'll be there next weekend, and am so looking forward to it.

re: South Pacific - loge or extreme lt right orch?
 Apr 21 2008, 11:18:20 PM
Loge aren't too bad. I sat in the last row of the loge (which is only the 5th row) in the center and it was just fine, the seating's a little tight, but okay.

It depends on where the seats are in the loge I guess. I'd personally want to be as much center as possible, no matter how far back or up.

re: Eli Stone
 Apr 10 2008, 10:21:19 PM
Drowsy was there for sure, Lion King I really coudn't tell, but if Drowsy was, then it probably was also. Eli Stone is one of my new favorite shows.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You