News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for agentpattycakes

agentpattycakes Profile Photo
Member Name: agentpattycakes
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: What's your favorite show on broadway? (Choose only ONE show)
 Aug 1 2008, 04:22:46 PM
This is tough. I adore Mary Poppins, so that would be it if title of show hadn't transferred. SO [title of show].
re: Der Glockner von Notre Dame- Coming to Broadway in '09?
 Aug 1 2008, 04:21:04 PM
The Man in the Ceiling has been the next Disney musical to hit Broadway forever - since even before Little Mermaid, but I've heard of nothing about it since it was first mentioned.

This is a rumor coming directly from the mouth of the lyricist of the show, which I find very exciting. He said it was a rumor, so it might not even be true - but I think it's a logical choice for Broadway since it's already been transferred to the stage. I do hope they keep the darkness of the stage version

re: Musical Internet Series Dr Horrible's Sing Along Blog with Neil Patrick
 Jul 18 2008, 05:49:23 PM
I'm not a huge fan of the music, but NPH is totally awesome in this and I'm enjoying the plot.
re: Pictures from The Pubic's HAIR
 Jul 11 2008, 09:04:55 PM
I don't care - seeing these pictures really wants to make me see this show. Hair is one of my favorites, and I wish I had the chance to get to NY to see it, but I don't have the time to spend the day waiting to get tickets.
re: Beauty and the Beast transfer... why did it switch theaters?
 Jul 8 2008, 04:28:42 PM
I wish I had seen the show at the Palace - or earlier on in the run. As much as I love the movie, I did not like the show at all, it just seemed tired to me - and not as grand as I had heard it had been. Perhaps if I had seen it when it was a bigger show with more energy, I would've liked it more.
re: Eddie Murphy's head in Times Square
 Jul 7 2008, 08:58:50 AM
Terrifying.
this thread is SO [title of show] cuz it [you know what] ROCKS!!!
 Jul 6 2008, 08:32:12 PM
Umm, WonderRobbie, I had no idea you were taking a video so I'm the moron behind the Shapusens leaning back trying to get out of the shot when you ask them how they liked the show. I look like an idiot, but it made me laugh.
re: Thoughts on [TITLE OF SHOW] Preview?
 Jul 6 2008, 08:26:35 PM
Seriously! I had like 5 or 6 random drunk girls come up to me and this obnoxious family who thought the crowd was gathered for some major celebrity.

PS - maybe I'm just not in the know, but anyone who could see her know who was the older woman who was sitting in the barricades and got a lot of lovin' from the cast and everybody else?

re: Is Megan Mullally still in Young Frankenstein?
 Jul 6 2008, 08:21:24 PM
You know, one of my friends from college is an usher there and I was talking to him yesterday and he said today was Sutton and Andrea's last show and I was kind of unsure. I knew it was Sutton's but I hadn't read it was Andrea's so I was kind of surprised. I guess he had it right. I'm glad I caught the show yesterday then. Those two made the show for me.
re: Sutton's Last Show
 Jul 6 2008, 08:07:54 PM
I also saw it yesterday with my dad. He loved it, I thought the show itself was OK, but the performances were good, especially Sutton and Andrea. I just wanted to see her before she left the show. "Roll in the Hay" was one of my favorite songs in the show.

re: Is Megan Mullally still in Young Frankenstein?
 Jul 6 2008, 07:41:00 PM
As of yesterday, yes. I believe until July 20th - or something - it's on Playbill and I'm sure it's listed somewhere on this site.
re: Thoughts on [TITLE OF SHOW] Preview?
 Jul 6 2008, 12:07:15 PM
The set is like an apartment. It's very simple, they've closed down the space a lot - and the set is a bit different than the off-Broadway version. I don't think it was too big or anything like that.

But I really I loved every second of it.

Like some others have said, I have never been in such an insane theatrical performance. Up until this point, the first performance of Xanadu during the strike was the nuttiest show I've been to, but this was just insane.

The cha

re: REPORT: [title of show] Dress Rehearsal
 Jul 4 2008, 07:52:22 PM
I know...I go into these threads half wanting to see the changes, half not and wanting to be suprised. I'm so excited for tomorrow!
re: 'Why Should I Wake Up?' - from Cabaret.
 Jul 3 2008, 07:00:47 PM
Ah thanks. That cleared that up.
re: 14 Clips from Mamma Mia!
 Jul 3 2008, 04:10:33 PM
I listened to the soundtrack today in the car on the way to work and I forgot how fun the songs are to listen to. I'm pumped for this movie!
 Jul 3 2008, 04:08:03 PM
I don't understand the beginning of that last post - it is a two act show - but the first act runs around 1 hour and half and the second is like a half hour/45 minutes. I just directed the show and the biggest complaint from the audience was having to sit for so long. I mean first of all, I told them to all shut up because you sit down in a theater to watch movies that are longer, but secondly it has to be structured that way for dramatic reasons- the break for intermission needs to come after t
 Jul 3 2008, 08:51:19 AM
I prefer "Why Should I Wake Up?" because it seems to fit in with the style of the show. "Don't Go" is kind of Sondheim-esque and just comes out of nowhere, but really I'm not a big fan of either song and think "Maybe This Time" fits better into that scene.
re: [title of show] Playbill cover
 Jul 2 2008, 10:05:28 PM
Brazilliant.
this thread is SO [title of show] cuz it [you know what] ROCKS!!!
 Jul 2 2008, 07:44:31 PM
Woot! Yeah I kind of want to print one out and give it to them on Saturday night.
re: Rosalind Russell sings 'Everything's Coming Up Roses' on YouTube
 Jul 2 2008, 05:05:36 PM
I agree that I don't mind actor singers than singer actors - and I feel that, though Russell can't sing well, she puts across the necessary the emotion for this song and isn't half bad.

Really, thank you for putting these together. I really like them.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You