News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lightmycandleNYC

Member Name: lightmycandleNYC
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: If you could see any show on Broadway right now...
 Feb 5 2008, 10:26:39 AM
Ok so it's not TECHNICALLY on Broadway right now, but previews start in like 9 days or something, so I think it counts....

IN THE HEIGHTS!!!!

I can't WAIT to see it!

re: Sleeper Hit
 Feb 5 2008, 10:23:19 AM
i don't know that I would call Xanadu a sleeper hit, although I'm suprised it's still open. It's box office numbers are awful. Although it's not a sleeper in the sense that it's been pretty highly publicized, I think August: Osage County is doing much better than anyone expected. They've already extended their run through mid-april, and it's possible they might extend it even further if ticket sales remain up. It's generated more excitement for a straight play than we've seen in a while.
re: Interesting Musicals That Never Made It To Broadway
 Feb 4 2008, 11:52:21 PM
I second (or third, whatever) Reefer Madness!!!! It would be great on Broadway.

Also:
The Last 5 Years
A New Brain
I Love You Because
I Sing!

Happy Birthday, Jonathan Larson
 Feb 4 2008, 11:38:28 PM
I couldn't find a thread that covered this topic already. If there already is one, I'm sorry for starting a new one! Just wanted to say Happy 48th Birthday, Jonathan Larson. RIP!
re: RIP Jonathon-Rent lives on....
 Jan 25 2008, 11:37:53 PM
Just got in from seeing tonight's performance of RENT on broadway. I won the lottery and front row center seats. I couldn't think of anything else to do to honor the anniversary of Jonathan Larson's death. The cast was ON FIRE tonight. More raw emotion and total commitment to the show than I've seen in a RENT performance in a while. I'd like to think the cast was thinking of Jonathan tonight too. Thank You, Jonathan Larson. Rest in Peace.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You