News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Radford

Radford Profile Photo
Member Name: Radford
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Dixie Carter Passes
 Apr 10 2010, 09:38:19 PM
This is the last I'll comment on this thread. If I had "doubts", I wouldn't have ever posted in the first place. You have to understand... this is a small town, we KNOW each other. I had heard this from several people, some of who were very close to Dixie.

The only reason that I later went ahead and bothered the good people at The Dixie, where I have worked many hours, on stage and off, was because I was getting lambasted on this board. I did not post this to receive some kind of credit or praise. I posted this simply because I know many people on this board love this woman. I felt you had the right to know.

Now, that I've been vindicated (I think), may we please move on to the proper action of mourning the loss of this great actress.

http://www.etonline.com/news/2010/04/85796/

Dixie Carter Passes
 Apr 10 2010, 08:47:00 PM
And I suppose I could've waited to let news outlets report. But, it's being reported as "fact" in Huntingdon. I just figured this board deserves to know. Dixie loved Broadway and I didn't see any point in not letting you know.
Dixie Carter Passes
 Apr 10 2010, 08:39:51 PM
Why this is taking so long to get out... I don't know. I do know that she doesn't have many "family" still living. She has a husband, Hal. A Sister and a nephew that I know of. Her Brother, parents, are all gone already. They were very private about her illness. She appeared on the prayer list at church several times. And that's how I learned she was sick. So, give it time.
Dixie Carter Passes
 Apr 10 2010, 07:43:26 PM
I put the question mark at the end of it. I don't have a problem with the title change. I feel like if CNN had the same info I had, they would report it. The reason that no mainstream news outlet has it is because this is a very small town. A far cry from New York or Los Angeles, or even a Des Moines, Iowa for that matter.

The only further confirmation I "could" get would be walking up to her house and knocking on the door. Which I refuse to do.

Dixie Carter Passes
 Apr 10 2010, 06:57:48 PM
I spoke with the front office of the Dixie Carter Performing Arts Center, they confirmed it for me.

Dixie Carter Passes
 Apr 10 2010, 06:47:50 PM
Yes, I'm from Huntingdon. (County seat of Carroll County) If this does turn out to be a nasty rumor, I'll be here to apologize. What I do know is that she was in Texas receiving treatments and decided to come home earlier this week. This news follows a rational line of events.

Either way, her family needs your prayers.

Dixie Carter Passes
 Apr 10 2010, 06:35:35 PM
Well, I've heard it from several people in town. And they put black ribbons on the doors of "The Dixie". If that's not verification, I don't know what is.
Dixie Carter Passes
 Apr 10 2010, 06:07:53 PM
I haven't seen this reported anywhere. So, I can't provide a link. Word is getting around in her home town. (Same town I'm from) And there are ribbons on the doors of The Dixie Carter Performing Arts Center.

Very sad news. Prayers for Hal and her entire family.

re: RE: Color Purple SNUB
 Jun 12 2006, 01:32:54 AM
I know where this person is coming from, though. All of the talk about Drowsy gettin' screwed, you want someone to say, "Color Purple should've won". Like I said above, I knew it wasn't gonna happen even though I was hoping for it. Good news for Color Purple fans is that it will probably run longer than all of the shows it was up against.
re: RE: Color Purple SNUB
 Jun 12 2006, 01:16:42 AM
Well, no one expected it to do much. But, it was my personal favorite this year.
re: Worst Tony's Ever?
 Jun 11 2006, 11:42:27 PM
I guess I missed something. I thought this year's ceremony was better than it's been in a while. This year, all the performances were awesome. It made Broadway look very good IMO. I wanted to see them all! I am glad that all of the shows got to perform lengthier numbers. Most of them had time to do parts of two different numbers. This board seems to find something to complain about every year. At least this year, we weren't subjected to LL Cool J, Mary J. Blige, or any other pop stars try
re: Broadway in Knoxville schedule
 Jun 2 2006, 01:44:17 AM
EponineAmneris, Do you have a link about Knoxville?

Fellow Tennessean here. :)

re: Wedding singer Wed. 2/15 review
 Feb 17 2006, 07:03:23 PM
So, is it safe to say that if you saw the video on this site, was pleasantly surpised and enjoyed it, you would probably enjoy the show as well?

re: The Fantasticks
 Feb 8 2006, 11:03:17 AM
I assume that the part you are going for is the teen daugheter, Shelley, in Bat Boy. It's a great part. But, totally different character from that of Louisa in The Fantasticks. If you can sing Shelley's songs, (She even raps in the play) Then something of Audrey's from Little Shop of Horrors would be perfect. Most of the music is Rock, but the composer of Bat Boy, Laurence O'Keefe does a great job of including many different styles of music.

I would sing Audrey's part in Suddenly

re: Wing is BACK!!
 Jun 9 2005, 01:58:29 AM
The Episode with Wing on South Park aired tonight. I had never seen it before. Funny Stuff.
re: Garry Coleman's thoughts on Avenue Q?
 Apr 25 2005, 09:39:00 PM
Wow. He is really considering Legal action! That would be the best thing to happen to Avenue Q. The clips of "It sucks to be" would be shown on CBS, NBC, CNN, all of them.

Avenue Q ought to let him play himself for a few shows, that would be awesome.

re: Picture Frames
 Apr 24 2005, 01:59:04 AM
Thanks everyone! This helps big time. Looks like I am gonna have to go with online options as I am in Tennessee. haha.
Picture Frames
 Apr 23 2005, 04:48:54 AM
Where does one have to look to find frames for broadway posters? Most broadway posters are 14x22 inches. It's nearly impossible to find 14x22 inch frames. I don't want to spend hundreds of dollars on a specially made frame. Is there somewhere to get a cheap 14x22 frame?
re: who's done it before?
 Feb 18 2005, 03:29:53 AM
I've never been. But a thread titled "Who's done it before?" got my attention. Congratulations, don't sweat it, if you dont do as well as you like, it will make you better prepared for next year.
re: Defying Chenoweth
 Feb 17 2005, 01:48:29 AM
That has been asked a hundred times on this board. No one seems to have them. Looks like we're stuck waiting for the CD in a few months.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You