News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lexivas

Member Name: lexivas
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Official Kickstarter to get Spring Awakening to perform on the Tonys
 Jun 10 2016, 09:41:15 AM

Honestly, they believed they would, so they went ahead and did it. Other than figuring out who would have paid for the rehearsal space, they wouldn't have minded the time put in because they all enjoy being around each other and hanging out. They're all newbies, they hang out all the time. Someone would have figured out how to pay for it, and would have probably been reimbursed later once the tour starts.

The fact of the matter is, does it really bother you all that much where

Jun 9 2016, 06:53:28 PM

If I was just a person at the stage door I wouldn't refer to them as friends. I met Sean back in Ithaca before the production even came to bway, so it's been a while. He introduced me to the others. 

Jun 9 2016, 05:59:44 PM

I actually have, so yes, I hope I can help and have them respond officially!

Jun 9 2016, 05:58:44 PM

I can't speak for them, but yeah, they've all been busy and probably don't check Twitter and meals religiously. (:

I'm sorry I can't answer anything specifically, because like you, I don't know, I'm just saying, I do know they wouldn't do what you all are assuming. 

I'll be the bigger person and let it go. Thanks!

Jun 9 2016, 05:53:20 PM

Honestly, no one involved has even really heard about all the drama, that's why they haven't commented. They've been in rehearsals and etc., so they might not even realize..

Jun 9 2016, 05:50:04 PM

I'm friends with Sean and Kathryn, but know most of them all, and yes, I understand they are all adults and are completely capable, but as an actor, why would they come on here and do that, only for people on here to most likely attack them? 

I understand people don't like Ken Davenport, and I'm not saying he's perfectly innocent, but I'm just trying to prove the point that they did a Kickstarter for the first run, in LA when they had no producers or money, and

Jun 9 2016, 05:46:10 PM

No, I can see how that assumption came up, so I can't deny. It wasn't word for word, but it sounded like that, yes.

Jun 9 2016, 05:30:55 PM

@Judy: Thank you for this. A whole part of this that was all bugging me is the fact that most of these people just seem so upset that they are getting to perform because of this, and genuinely, I'm just trying to back my friends. I'm no one of importance, just a friend, hence the whole reason I even decided to speak. I'm glad to here that you are at least still excited about it, and I understand your reasonings of being upset. I guess since because I know these people, I didn

Jun 9 2016, 04:55:09 PM

I have friends who were in the show, so I'm defending them and their work. I'll get off of here and let you all waste your personal time complaining. That's why I never get on here. Enjoy! Sorry I couldn't help with any questions and concerns, since you don't want to believe anything. 

Jun 9 2016, 04:51:52 PM

By the rate they were going, they would have. If not, then someone would have donated to Deaf West because that's what they do. There's many parties out there who I know would have been willing. Let it go, I honestly don't understand why people have to spend time from their lives worrying about this.

Jun 9 2016, 04:49:49 PM

There's a first time for everything, isn't there? They did it. It's never been done before. Deal with it.

Jun 9 2016, 04:47:19 PM

& what does this have to do with anything...? 

This is why I don't spend my time replying to message boards, because I have a life outside of theatre. I come on to defend my friends from ignorant people. I'll enjoy watching my friends on the Tony's, spreading diversity and awareness. You guys enjoy complaining on message boards.

Jun 9 2016, 04:44:37 PM

They did it assuming they would hit it by Sunday, because that's the track they believed they were on. Also, a bunch of the cast was already in the city, or would upfront it themselves (because most people can afford a simple flight), and stay with friends, if they had to.

Jun 9 2016, 04:41:47 PM

Alright, I give you that, a marketing tool. Everyone does it. Why should it bother you. Maybe if they truly believed in the beginning that it was, that's why they said it. Then they realized they were on a track. Be it, done in some large donations, but also tons of small donations you all don't realize, because you weren't tracking that, were you?

Jun 9 2016, 04:39:46 PM

I was just adding it in because it's not what it's all about, but mixed with the other diversity, it adds an aspect. This isn't a show that's just focused on Color diversity, but all diversity. Good try, though.

Jun 9 2016, 04:37:21 PM

Why should they have to? No one should have thought it in the first place, and who knows, maybe they will. DJ Kurs already released one or two videos about it..

Jun 9 2016, 04:35:44 PM

They used Kickstarter for the first production out in LA, that Michael Arden and Andy Mientus started with Deaf West, Ken Davenport had nothing to do with then. That's why they chose it again. 

Jun 9 2016, 04:33:43 PM

So how would there be five different backers of those large amounts all from Ken Davenport alone. Who's to say there are not 5 people out there who want to attend the Tony Awards party so they donated. They all also weren't donated at the last second to reach the goal, so you have no idea he did that.

Honestly, why's it such a bother? The money is literally going to the Tony performance, the money it costs to get the set and costumes out of storage, the cast to actuall

Jun 9 2016, 04:25:33 PM

It's not my business to have a list of over 1700 backers names and information, is it? (:

Jun 9 2016, 04:21:46 PM

Actually, I'm not at all and I know a lot about this topic. My facts are facts; I have friends involved. Trust me, if it was for personal benefits, I wouldn't be on here defending them, I would have been avoiding this thread. You all like to believe it was for personal benefits, but I know it wasn't. I'm not just not believing because I don't want to. The math is pretty close to being true, by the way. How do you know it is not? I got updates as the whole th

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You