News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for scaryclowns223

scaryclowns223 Profile Photo
Member Name: scaryclowns223
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Question for the people who think Shrek has an unmemorable score.  Feb 4 2009, 09:53:55 PM
To answer your question: yes.

The melodies in both shows were fine (though, In Young Frankenstein's case, inappropriately bouncy) and nice to listen to. However, leaving the theatre, I didn't remember a single song. In Shrek, the only song that stuck with me was "The Wall." (Perhaps because I'd listened to the demo.) In fact, the song that most impressed me in SHREK, the act one closer whose name I can't remember, is totally absent from my memory, except for the fact that it was good.

re: NORMAN CONQUESTS to open at the Circle in April  Feb 3 2009, 09:11:01 PM
You know, I wasn't too excited at first.

But I think I definitely need to see these plays. All of them.

re: Liz Callaway to appear in 'iSondheim'  Feb 2 2009, 07:27:27 PM
Aaron Lazar was attached to this, but he may be out- he's doing Impressionism around the same time.
re: How strong a singer is the hilarious Peter Benson?  Jan 31 2009, 04:24:29 PM
He sings on the Pajama Game cast recording, in the role of Prez. He sings wonderfully, though he is best in character roles.
re: SAY NO to this 'Special Tony' stuff!  Jan 31 2009, 04:18:43 PM
I think the logic behind a special Tony (something I agree with) would be that to honor all three boys in one slot would be to honor the role, not the actors. Thus, they shouldn't really be nominated as best actor, but instead given an honorary award to honor their achievements.
re: TOBIAS RAGG -- Help!  Jan 30 2009, 06:00:56 PM
I've always found that Toby is much more effective when played by an adult pretending to be a child. Adults have the faculties to truly sketch Toby's character that teenagers simply do not have. One need not look farther than comparisons between the recent revival (with Manoel Felciano's masterful performance) and the recent movie (where the young boy playing Toby was ineffective and not particularly deep.)

Trust me on this, cast an older actor- you won't regret it. That is assuming, of

re: New Usnavi Announced  Jan 30 2009, 05:58:09 PM
As it should be.
re: High Schools and Sondheim Shows  Jan 30 2009, 05:02:50 PM
I've heard of one instance where a high school did SUNDAY. Not sure how it was, but I know it happened.
re: Speed-the-Plow Recoups  Jan 29 2009, 06:20:06 PM
Good for them!

Rock on, Speed-the-Plow!

re: Another PIVEN outburst  Jan 29 2009, 05:12:01 PM
Two things:

1) Foster; THANK YOU for acknowledging that NPH deserves several awards for his performance on "How I Met Your Mother."

2) I don't trust Page Six. This actually ended up being quite the photo, and could definitely have been their intention in the first place. Personally, I think they asked him to rip it off for the photo and are now hoping to make an ass of him because their article is dead, but that's just me.

re: Caissie Levy, Sasha Allen Join and Lawrence, Ryness and Swenson Confirm  Jan 29 2009, 05:04:27 PM
Personally, I thought Bryce Ryness was incredible in the Park, so I'm glad he will be back. He and Will Swenson were the stand-outs for me...
re: Pal Joey Backstage tour on broadway.com... with one hell of a blooper  Jan 29 2009, 05:00:00 PM
I noticed that too..

Funny.

re: New broadway show  Jan 26 2009, 11:37:04 PM
I still contend that ZOOLANDER would make an incredible musical. In fact, i could break that script down right now and come up with a treatment, telling where every single song should go.

It really has everything one needs for a good musical.

re: Cast Recordings You Wish You Hadn't Bought  Jan 26 2009, 05:09:39 PM
Into the Woods Revival
Hello, Dolly! Revival
How to Succeed Revival

re: ANNIE NATIONAL TOUR! Reveiw 1/24/09  Jan 25 2009, 05:13:01 PM
I had Tianna Stephens- great singer, terrible terrible terrible actress.
re: ANNIE NATIONAL TOUR! Reveiw 1/24/09  Jan 25 2009, 04:22:59 PM
You know, I saw this, and my Annie was different, so I can't pass judgement, but I thought Hannigan was mediocre at best.

I did, however, think the show was surprisingly well-put-together, and was rather surprised by its quality, in a good way.

re: Tony Winner Vereen Hit With 10 Million Dollar Lawsuit  Jan 19 2009, 04:02:29 PM
This is bizarre...
re: shows that went through development hell?  Jan 18 2009, 04:40:25 PM
Scarlet Pimpernel comes to mind...

re: ANNIE NATIONAL TOUR!  Jan 18 2009, 01:34:51 AM
It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

The cast was mediocre. Hannigan was terrible, Rooster was average at best, and Lily St Regis was bland.

Annie was a great singer, but an absolutely dreadful actress- really bad.

I found Oliver Warbucks to be quite charming, if not as gruff as a Warbucks should be. Grace Farrell, though, was delightful.

The redeeming factor here is the material- which is really just spectacular. This production (directed by Martin

re: Zaks Helmed 101 DALAMATIANS: THE MUSICAL Tour 'Unleashes' in Fall '09  Jan 16 2009, 06:26:09 PM
You know, Emma Zaks is going to make an adorable dalmation...
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You