News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BkCollector

Member Name: BkCollector
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Not Since Carrie 2: What Shows Would You Want Included?  Nov 4 2008, 01:23:56 PM
I'd love a better writer for the book, one who gives more facts and less conjecture. The idea of the books is fantastic, the execution, no so great.
re: I Was Looking At The Ceiling and I Saw the Sky  Oct 23 2008, 10:37:59 AM
Sure, an opinion, but not a very intelligent or informed one. Who is going to take anyone serious who uses the word "lame" like that? especially when referring to this kind of music. It's obvious that the person is not musical or intellectually sophisticated enough to understand, and consequently enjoy it.
re: I Was Looking At The Ceiling and I Saw the Sky  Oct 23 2008, 10:23:36 AM
It's a truly truly amazing and thought-provoking piece. One of the best pieces written for musical or opera stage in the last 20 years. Anyone who thinks it's 'dramatically inert' obviously isn't paying attention.
re: Rebecca on broadway  Oct 23 2008, 10:21:32 AM
Re: Translation. It was originally written in English and rejected by British Producers, so I imagine those problems won't be problems.
re: Patti Lupone  Aug 23 2008, 08:45:09 AM
She's downright NASTY and no-amount of talent makes up for that. Fortunately she's not nearly as talented as she (and her fans) think she is, but she's popular, and that makes her think her LuPoop doesn't stink.

She's really a very mean person.

re: I'm Researching the Real Mama Rose Hovick, and...  Aug 20 2008, 04:19:40 PM
Meaty yes, but virtuous, no. what bothers me is that no one EVER talks about how horrible she is as a character, even in the show. no regard for her children's feelings, or her fathers, or Herbie's or anyone else's.

the show is dramatic and poignant, and you feel for the children, and Herbie, but nowhere does it point the finger of blame where it belongs, squarely at Rose herself.

re: I'm Researching the Real Mama Rose Hovick, and...  Aug 20 2008, 01:44:41 PM
I've done a fair share of old fashioned research in this area myself, mostly to satisfy my own questions, the biggest of which is "why does Broadway idolize possibly the most odious character every written (Iago notwithstanding)" and when I was about 14 I interviewed an older man who knew Rose very well, at least intimately. Not everything I heard I believed, but some of what I heard was too bizarre to make up. In general, she was a nasty, spiteful woman who used her children without regard for
re: What are your top three worst shows ever (that everyone else seemed to  Aug 20 2008, 09:48:57 AM
There's only one that I truly hate.
Gypsy

re: I don't get why when Patti sings, she  Jul 2 2008, 02:26:13 PM
All sound is vibration, but comparing cello strings to the human voice isn't the best analogy in the world. with a string, you vibrate it and the air around it vibrates, with singing, you're pushing to air past chords, Slightly different phenomena.
re: I don't get why when Patti sings, she  Jul 2 2008, 02:21:17 PM
Beji waas a "star"
Lassie was a "star"
Rin Tin Tin was a "star"

They're all dead now? but what do they have in common with Lupone?

They're all bitches who were made to look more talented by the people around them :)

re: I don't get why when Patti sings, she  Jul 2 2008, 02:18:56 PM
X-factor is bull****. Don't make it "MAGIC"
people like her, whether that's by design (media, marketing, people afraid to say she's bad because "everyone else" loves her.

That can all be made to happen, X-Factor is a fallacy.

re: I don't get why when Patti sings, she  Jul 2 2008, 02:16:54 PM
LJ, you can say whatever you want, and call people names, but no amount of belly aching is going to make her into a GOOD singer.

people like her, you like her, but there is no vocal professional in this entire world who would be able to call her a COMPETENT SINGER WITH GOOD TECHNIQUE with impunity.

It's simply not true, and it's as plain as snarl on her face.

re: I don't get why when Patti sings, she  Jul 2 2008, 02:11:33 PM
I work with a lot of people who have come out of Westminster and they are the opposite extreme of Lupone, all control, no expressiveness. But at least I prefer it to the caterwauling that she does.

Bottom line: PEOPLE LIKE HER (I dont know why) BUT SHE SINGS POORLY, or rather with VISIBLY BAD TECHNIQUE.

Why do bad guys get to be president?
Why do idiots end up running countries?
Why do people with HORRIBLE vocal technique become stars?

Don't ask me.

re: Why I walked out of Gypsy today  May 24 2008, 07:18:17 PM
If there were so many empty seats, why didn't you just move so that you wouldn't be near them?

Man, I read thise thread thinking that maybe it would finally be someone with the guts to call Patti out on her hackneyed performance.

re: What play should never EVER EVER never ever be a musical...  May 24 2008, 12:02:15 AM
The Boys in the Band
re: In the Heights?  May 11 2008, 10:32:30 PM
Why do I have the distinct feeling that the people who hate rap, hip hop and raggaeton haven't given those styles of music a fair chance?
re: In the Heights?  May 11 2008, 05:35:21 PM
Coolkid, btw, this music isn't necessarily rap, it's mostly Raggaeton, especially in 96k.

GIve it a chance, let go of your preconceived notions about what rap or hiphop is, and open your mind and your ears. You will be pleasantly surprised.

re: Patti Lupone is the greatest diva ever , lol  May 11 2008, 12:04:46 AM
Who dares me to do it!

Mrs. Laurents,

There are a number of us who are musicians and can't fathom your success. You are a hallmark of bad vocal technique. So tell us, why does your jaw wobble so when you sing? Can you explain your stardom despite your lack of talent?

re: Patti Lupone is the greatest diva ever , lol  May 10 2008, 02:07:02 PM
Hey, keep posting pics of Patti looking ridiculous, you're just proving my point. She's a total hack.
re: Patti Lupone is the greatest diva ever , lol  May 10 2008, 10:11:17 AM
That's stupid. She didn't know why, she probably never even thought about it.

You know why? She's not a DIVA, she's not even an actress, she's just a mouth without a brain.

And it shows.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You