News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Idinster87

Idinster87 Profile Photo
Member Name: Idinster87
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Best times to catch Ripley (and not Pearl) in the N2N Tour  Apr 10 2011, 11:24:07 PM
I'm going to see Alice in both Cleveland and Chicago! Also, Alice will be performing a solo concert in Chicago on May 2 at Stage 773. There's a video contest about it now on BWW. I think it's the only one she's doing on this tour and I haven't seen her since her Joe's Pub days so I can't wait!!
Ragtime at Drury Lane, OakBrook IL  Mar 28 2010, 08:43:12 PM
Stephanie-- How'd you score such a cheap ticket? I definitely want to see this.
re: Chicago Tribune reviews 'The Addams Family '  Dec 14 2009, 12:07:30 AM
It's no worse than the NY Times or NY Post. And I don't believe either of those columnists target reviews toward people who have less than a hs diploma.
re: Chicago Tribune reviews 'The Addams Family '  Dec 13 2009, 09:57:50 PM
http://showbizchicago.com/lavish-%E2%80%9Caddams%E2%80%9D-forgets-intimacy-of-family-tree/
re: Little House on the Prairie  May 30 2008, 01:12:20 PM
It also stars Sara Jean Ford, and is directed by Francesca Zimbello. Do we know if this is a pre-bway tryout?
re: What is your LEAST favorite musical ever?  May 20 2008, 04:41:26 PM
I'm going to have to say Young Frankenstein. Worst professional production I have ever seen. I actually left before it ended.

Then I'd say Kismet, and BKLYN- what a joke. I used to hate the Fantasticks, but now that I am older (and I have seen a good production of it) I am able to understand it much more, and I enjoy it a good deal. I think some shows really depend on the individual production you see, and this can dictate your love/hate for the show.

re: Musicals that would be fun to have a sequel to  May 18 2008, 10:42:18 PM
Husk- I wouldn't be surprised either. Sadly elphaba's conception and unconscious delivery of a child were left out of the first musical though. It's too bad- it really would have added to the story. Not to mention make it more interesting for the sheltered suburban families with 10 year old girls. (I personally think as long as you're mine should be replaced by the scene in the book where Fiyero rubs Elphaba down with oil.)
re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)  May 14 2008, 01:44:57 AM
Thought you all should know that not only did Perez Hilton announce the Tony nominations today, the site put up a gigantic picture of the XANADU poster. Check it out here- http://perezhilton.com/page/6/

re: Sutton Foster's STREAK over...  May 13 2008, 04:57:24 PM
Yeah you know, when I met Sutton a month ago and we talked about some of her past roles, she seemed nostalgic for them and definitely not very excited that my first time seeing her was in YF. That's just the feeling I got from her tone, and what she said.

I think she realizes that, no matter what you think of the show, her part doesn't show her off at all. Her songs are completely forgettable, and that's a shame, because I didn't think that Sutton could ever sing a song that was forget

re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)  May 13 2008, 03:59:06 PM
FINALLY!!!! FINALLY Kerry is nominated. I mean, I know she doesn't care too much about these things...but it is so great that her talent and work are finally being recognized. It is long past due. Her talent is right up there with all of the "bigger" named actresses on broadway, and yet she is always overlooked. I am so happpy. Not to mention- more people need to know about her and her amazing unparalleled talent, and now- huzzah!- they will!

Also sorry to keep harping on this, bu

re: LEAD ACTRESS?!  May 13 2008, 03:49:52 PM
I'm just so, so soooo happy that Kerry Butler is finally nominated for a Tony, especially after the Hairspray snub. I know she won't win, but it's just so great she is nominated.

And I think it's definitely between Kelli and Patti. I'm cheering for both, although I'd like to see the Tonys recognize new and more upcoming talent.

re: A Standing O in the middle of a show?  May 12 2008, 10:31:07 PM
I've seen them during two shows- Bernadette in the Gypsy revival, and also about every few songs during Kristin's last performance in Wicked. Seriously, that show must have been at least 30 minutes longer than usual because of the constant applause. It was like that for the Saturday evening performance, too.
re: Past/Present/Future interview with Idina  May 12 2008, 02:49:04 PM
Good article. But I wish I knew what these 20 mystery cities were that she is touring...I definitely want to try and catch her this summer.
re: Most serious Broadway audience accident...?  May 12 2008, 01:30:07 AM
Dramarama and Ohshizz,

I saw Woman in Black in london while on a high school trip a few years back. We had just seen Chitty Chitty Bang Bang the night before, and although we had been warned about the show being REALLY scary, we had no idea. It was probably the scariest show (movies included) I have ever seen. Everything about it...there were girls in our group who were crying during it. It's no surprise people had heart attacks. Yipes, indeed.

But still, the show was in

re: VANITIES Broadway Casting?  May 11 2008, 07:50:37 PM
Ah I cannot wait for this. I'm also so excited that Anneliese is originating a musical role on Broadway. I think she is incredibly talented and underrated. I can't wait to see this show.
re: Broadway's Hottest Women  May 11 2008, 06:22:54 PM
Ah yes, Ashley Brown is so classic-looking. Must be that whole Southern Belle upbringing.

A little off-topic: Maybe it's just me, but everytime I see a picture of Ashley Brown and Sierra Boggess together (and they are together a lot for all of the events) I always think it looks like Ashley is Sierra's babysitter or something. And it usually looks like Sierra has been playing with her mom's makeup, and Ashley was paid to take her out for the night while Sierra's parents enjoy an evenin

re: Broadway's Hottest Women  May 10 2008, 03:15:01 PM
I definitely definitely have to agree with all of the Idina Menzel, Kristin Chenoweth, Sutton Foster (she's attractive in this quirky way) posts.

But- and I think I am the first one to mention her- ASHLEY BROWN. She is definitely my baby mama.

re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)  May 9 2008, 03:38:24 PM
lol thanks for bumping my post, WonderRobbie. If any of you guys are feeling like seeing Xanadu in a few weeks, definitely let me know. =-D
re: The 'Du Crew/fANADu's (XANADU Fans Unite!)  May 8 2008, 03:47:57 PM
Hey,

Just in case you guys didn't see, I have to cancel my NYC trip in a few weeks. I have an onstage seat for XANADU on Thursday, May 22. I'm hoping to get about $30 for it (it's usually $41 or so), but really I'm more interested in making sure it gets to someone who will go and enjoy it =-D Please PM me if you are at all interested. Thanks guys.

re: Sara Jean Ford to be in Little House Musical.  May 8 2008, 03:29:08 PM
Ah so I'm guessing this means Sara does not plan to return. Does anyone know anything about Little House on the Prairie? I watched the video on the site, and it turns out Francesca Zambello is directing (they didn't have heelies back in the days of Little House on the Prairie, did they? Please say no.) It seems like it's doing it's pre-broadway tryout there, ala Little Women at Duke University. Any news/ thoughts? Or maybe my hopes are just too high.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You