News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for thinggoes

Member Name: thinggoes
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: SUNDAY Reviews
 Feb 21 2008, 11:39:55 PM
I must admit that the main reason I read Talkin Broadway now is to see how far into left field Matthew Murray goes to analyze and "support" his reviews. The extraneous and rather preposterous conclusions he comes up with, and the pretentiousness that he presents, just make me laugh out loud most of the time.

PS. Did you like my pretentious write-up?

re: Company Commentary Thread
 Feb 20 2008, 11:59:59 PM
okay that's what I was wondering. I think you should take a look at the Original Broadway Cast Recording. While I do love the revival, I can understand how the orchestrations for this particular production can make it seem "boring". I think you'll be surprised by the OBCR. Just compare the title song in both productions. My friend first heard Company listening to this production, and then listened to the OBC, called me and yelled,"What the F*ck?!?!" I almost peed myself driving down the 40
re: Company Commentary Thread
 Feb 20 2008, 11:45:30 PM
SNL- I was just wondering...is this your first experience with the show? Have you heard any of the recordings or seen any other productions? The reason I ask is that most people I know find the score incredibly dynamic, especially in it's original incarnation.
re: Fantastic (Old) Interview With Donna Murphy About FOLLIES And PASSION!
 Feb 19 2008, 04:30:29 PM
gotcha. I figured that's what happened but I just needed the clarification. Thanks!
re: Fantastic (Old) Interview With Donna Murphy About FOLLIES And PASSION!
 Feb 19 2008, 04:03:24 PM
As I wasn't able to see Encore's production, could someone tell me a bit of what happened at the end of "Lucy and Jessie"? I'm trying to piece it from the interview but it seems a bit rambling at best. Thanks guys!
re: Curiousity: Why is it assumed that ACateredAffair & Cry-Baby will be no
 Feb 19 2008, 01:47:23 PM
Hey there....I'm a new poster here and I just wanted to say I love reading these boards for the sheer fun in being able to discuss theatre. I must admit that this board sparked my interest. I was fortunate enough to see A Catered Affair in San Diego while I was doing a regional production down there, and I found it to be incredibly moving, especially Faith Prince and Tom Wopat. The musical's plot is a bit thin at best, but the sensitivity of the direction and the nuance of the portrayals were
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You