News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Falling

Member Name: Falling
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Hamilton - How Many Tonys Will It Bag  Oct 15 2015, 04:40:58 PM

I think Hamilton will sweep book, score, musical, direction (I think Arden deserves it, but it will be closed: Out of sight, out of mind), choreography, lighting, set, costume, orchestrations, and actor (Leslie Odom, Jr.-he belongs in leading and I think he's going to win. IMO, he's giving the best performance there.)

There are two other awards it COULD get I think, but the categories might be tougher:

Featured Actor: Daveed Diggs

Featured Actress: Renee Elise Goldsb

Favorite Hamilton songs?  Oct 5 2015, 04:56:07 PM

For me "The Room Where it Happens" is easily the best song in the score-and Leslie Odom, Jr. is incredible singing it and in performance. (I do tend to listen to Odom's tracks more than any others on here-his voice is just amazing.)

I also do like "The Schuyler Sisters" and "Helpless". I must say that while I enjoy the King George numbers, I must be in the vast minority that prefers Brian D'Arcy James' portrayal. I loved his vocal intonations an

Fun Home understudies  Oct 2 2015, 01:13:39 PM

@n2nbaby-Kuhn should be back for Sunday. Her absence tomorrow is for a pre-existing concert engagement she had. I'm guessing she'll be there for Sydney's last. I hope you get to see her.

Chris Pine in Finding Neverland?  Oct 2 2015, 10:42:43 AM

I was under the impression Grammer wasn't coming back (thought he had enough of what seems to be a toxic environment backstage-I mean the wardrobe people left). I do wonder if he was contractually obligated to return. As for Pine...he'd be better as King George if Jonathan Groff has to take a leave for his film.

Broadway Flea Market 2015 Celebrity Photo Booth/Autograph Table!  Sep 22 2015, 10:06:24 AM

We don't know if they may be looking at other places. Since it's such a big moneymaker, I don't think they'll cancel it entirely. Right now, it's still only Tuesday, and the forecast can also change. "Showers" is what comes up, which can mean occasional showers.

Fool for Love or Curious Incident, or...  Sep 22 2015, 10:02:50 AM

I adore Nina Arianda and Sam Rockwell. However, Hand to God was my favorite play of this past season...go see it!! Steven Boyer, Geneva Carr and Sarah Stiles are excellent (as is the rest of the cast). It's something you may not get with this kind of cast on tour.

Broadway Flea Market 2015 Celebrity Photo Booth/Autograph Table!  Sep 22 2015, 09:59:39 AM

They may move it to the following Sunday then. (If you mean Monday is a better day for the Flea Market, it's not...because most of the people doing the buying are at work.)

They have had it when there are occasional showers. They held it indoors one year. (I doubt they have that option now.) Whatever happens, happens. I think the worst case scenario is that they have it 10/4 instead.

LORD OF THE DANCE to play a limited Broadway run  Sep 21 2015, 04:29:27 PM

"With the possibility of Shuffle Along being eligible under Revival..." I am not so convinced they'll be able to get that into revival. That subtitle gives me a lot of pause...and think it could for the Tony Committee as well (I mean it's sight unseen thus far...but something tells me that if One Man, Two Guvnors got turned down, so will this. There is the backstage story element and 'what followed'. It's NOT just a presentation of the ORIGINAL show...it's ab

Musicals without Dancing  Sep 21 2015, 12:36:18 PM

Many of the shows listed were nominees for best choreography. Choreography means movement-I don't think of it always having to be 'dancing'. (Perhaps a more apt term here is dance-driven musicals or 'dance-heavy'?)

Musicals without Dancing  Sep 21 2015, 12:27:36 PM

"Come to the Fun Home" and "Raincoat of Love" aren't really that complicated. It's not the same level as "A Chorus Line" or "Chicago" or even something like "The King and I". (Not knocking the cast of Fun Home at all...but the choreography of the two songs mentioned above is probably not enough to warrant calling it a 'dance piece' or a 'dance heavy' one-and I suspect that cast would agree.)

Deaf West's Spring Awakening Extends  Sep 18 2015, 12:17:44 PM

c0113g3b0y-I think a more likely scenario is that Waitress perhaps moves to the Nederlander and Spring Awakening stays put. It's really expensive for a show to move. Unless the producers of Waitress are willing to pay the costs of the move (like the producers of The Audience paid for the moving costs of It's Only a Play in order to secure the Schoenfeld), I'd suspect the Nederlanders may try to work something like that out if Spring Awakening can extend further.

I hope they

Tony (Best Musical) Race Over ?  Sep 11 2015, 03:13:20 PM

I don't think Goldsberry is a lock for win (a nod yes). The ladies from The Color Purple-including Jennifer Hudson-are going to be formidable to contend with I think. I also think Krysta Rodriguez will get a nod for her turn in Spring Awakening. Also, Jane Krakowski from She Loves Me and possibly someone from Fiddler. But I think Jennifer Hudson might surprise people (her performance that I saw on the NYTimes theater preview section was gorgeous).

Tony (Best Musical) Race Over ?  Sep 11 2015, 03:05:13 PM

Leslie Odom, Jr. has been in the leading actor category for all the precursors, so I don't think they'll change that. I think he's the lead (we see much of the story unfold through his eyes) and that Lin will NOT cancel him out. (There are a ton of supporting actors who could get a nod: Daveed Diggs, Christopher Jackson.) I think Lin's acting is his weak spot. He'll win for the writing but Odom is giving a stronger acting performance and will win. (We've had 2 leads no

Tony (Best Musical) Race Over ?  Sep 11 2015, 02:49:22 PM

I think Best Book, Score, Director, Choreography and Musical are done. Hamilton will take all of them. (I suspect it'll win set, lighting and costumes and probably one acting award-my money is on Leslie Odom, Jr. for leading actor in a musical.) However, I suspect The Color Purple will do nicely in the actress categories and that George Takei has a chance at Featured Actor in a Musical. (I would not be shocked if Daveed Diggs wins, but Mr. Takei is very well-known and popular and I think

SHUFFLE ALONG Previews (Prices)  Sep 11 2015, 12:06:35 PM

Has the committee ever denied a request for a show to be considered a revival??? (I am in the camp that thinks this is NOT a revival. This is not comparable to the new book for Flower Drum Song, which, as I understand it, did not change the actual story line. This show is not just a staging of the original Shuffle Along. There is a whole other plot line here about the making of it and the behind the scenes stuff. This appears to be a new piece entirely and should be considered as such-and yes

Musicals Most Love But You Don't  Sep 9 2015, 09:46:00 AM

My picks: West Side Story-I'd rather listen to the recording than watch the show. (Probably because that last ghastly revival is the only Broadway incarnation I've seen. I did see a local production and it was still not so great.)

Also...The Producers...I saw it and was like "this is IT?"

Hamilton (ducking)...it's fine, but this one for me was one of those shows I stopped thinking about when I left-which is probably what the vast majority of theatergoers want

PG, PG13, R?  Aug 27 2015, 12:08:46 PM

The King and I has been on TKTS lately so that's a good suggestion. How about Amazing Grace? It is a religious show after all (truly it is-I'm not being facetious here). It's probably one of the only non-Disney shows besides The King and I which is okay. How about Finding Neverland? (that one I just thought of).

Way too early 2016 Tony predictions  Aug 27 2015, 11:39:06 AM

I think Soo will be in leading (I'd be SHOCKED if she wasn't. She's clearly the female lead.). I don't think she's going to win in either category-they are both very tough. (I suspect Lea Salonga may be featured given what I have seen/heard of Allegiance.) Renee Elise Goldsberry will be there, as will Jennifer Hudson (and all the other Color Purple ladies except for Cynthia Erivo) and perhaps Krysta Rodriguez (who is supposed to be utterly incredible). In leading, Jessie M

PG, PG13, R?  Aug 27 2015, 10:56:56 AM

Back on topic: Aladdin and Beautiful are probably the only shows (musicals) which meet your criteria that the girls have not seen. Something Rotten was not to my taste so I'm not that big on recommending it. (And there are a lot of sexual innuendos, so I'm not sure you'd be comfortable with that.)

Fun Home uses the F-bomb two times. (One use is actually just a direct quote by one character so I have to wonder what the censors would make of that. Our prudish country is such t

Broadway Fall 2015: Which Show Most Excites You  Aug 26 2015, 10:09:42 AM

Allegiance, Spring Awakening and The Color Purple

Followed closely by School of Rock, Fool for Love and Charles III.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You