News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hwilki65

hwilki65 Profile Photo
Member Name: hwilki65
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Wiz at Music Circus - Time for a Broadway Revival??
 Feb 26 2020, 08:13:02 PM

joevitus said: "Thank you so much! Short but wonderful."

My pleasure! I really wish there was more out there. Hopefully in the following years as we approach the 50th anniversary more will surface. 

Feb 26 2020, 02:11:14 AM

joevitus said: "I was actually going to add "You can tell which production it is by the costumes" but you knew that! Wish I'd seen the footage."

I’ve put what I have up on YouTube! It may get flagged so download it quick haha 

https://youtu.be/Pahi07QnfIE

Feb 24 2020, 02:00:37 PM

joevitus said: "Interesting news about the original having been videotaped by Holder, but are you sure the clips on NBC aren't from the revival--from which, there are many videos available on YouTube?"

The clips are definitely not from the revival. It’s evident by what’s visible of the sets (which were very different in the original production) and the costumes- take for example, in the original Addaperle had a corkscrew wig and in the revival it was

Feb 24 2020, 03:52:44 AM

GoldenOboe24 said: "What's sad is that aside from the 30-second TV commercial, there doesn't seem to be any footage of the original production- professionally (before B-roll, and just as the Theatre on Film and Tape Archive was barely just getting started) or amateur (portable video cameras in 1975? No.) The only material, other than what might be in the hands of the remaining members of the creative team- seems to be that opening night bootleg- a shame for a show that ran ne

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You