News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for lcinva

Member Name: lcinva
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Spring Awakening Tour Review: Cleveland
 Mar 5 2009, 09:20:54 PM
LizzieCurry - it was actually Perry somebody...I'm sorry, I don't have my playbill to look at. He was great though, definitely a highlight of the show.

broadwayguy2 - While I appreciate your comments, regarding my comments about the audience...their reactions, inappropriate or not, were hilarious and/or shocking. That was my point in introducing the anecdote.

Furthermore, I think I specifically mentioned that the scenes were not so uncomfortable for me that it took away from

re: Spring Awakening Tour Review: Cleveland
 Mar 5 2009, 09:16:25 AM
I saw this for the first time on Tuesday night with my husband, and I thought the music, choreography, and staging were fabulous. We actually had an understudy as Melchior (surprising, seeing that it was opening night)and I thought he and Moritz definitely stood out above the rest.

It was interesting, the theater was maybe 50-75% full, whereas every other show I've been to at Playhouse is almost to capacity. Most of the people there appeared to be older season-ticket holders...and judg

RENT question...
 Jan 9 2009, 08:58:17 AM
I'm probably asking for it on here, but I'll go for it. I'm (slightly) embarrassed to say that I saw RENT for the first time last night, on the tour in Cleveland. I thought it was well-done, and there wasn't a single time I was disappointed with the cast vocals. Great show! As noted in the tour thread though, there were tons of crazy screaming teenage to mid 20s girls. What is the cultish obsession with RENT? I don't get it. I mean, it was a good show, good message, but it took me until Act II t
re: BLONDE rave from Cleveland Plain-Dealer
 Nov 22 2008, 10:18:54 PM
That's funny that someone would say that about the Saturday matinee, because I felt the same way about the Friday night showing. The first act was boring, it seemed very thrown together with no real continuity. The second act made sitting through the first act worthwhile...part of that was due to Coleen Sexton who was great, and Becky throwing it into high gear. "That, right there" stole the show and was the point that I thought my admittedly very cheap seats were well worth it. The first act di
re: Next Broadway Elphaba's in Wicked?
 Oct 6 2008, 10:54:39 PM
broomstickboy - I'm interested why you don't like Carmen. She does seem to be getting worn out (but after a year on tour I can see why)...but when she is up for it, I think her take on Elphaba is one of the best. Just curious to see what you think!
re: I don't get why when Patti sings, she
 Jul 3 2008, 11:37:11 AM
Well, I don't have the vocal training music-wise of most people on this board, I'm just an average person with an interest in Broadway. However, I do have an advanced degree in speech-language pathology, and jrb is the most correct in explaining the vibrato function. His musical instrument analogy wasn't too bad either.
re: WICKED BEWITCHES BUFFALO! (3 Stars out of 4)
 Jun 26 2008, 08:18:31 AM
While I don't necessarily think Buffalo is getting shortchanged, there has been at least once that 4 of the 6 main performers were out. I know Donna has been on quite a bit, so coupled with Katie's vocal issues and Cliffton and Deedee out on vacation, that a lot of understudy time. Bdwy24, do you know anything about whether Carmen is still sick, or why Donna has been on so much?
 Jun 25 2008, 02:19:22 PM
i'm glad carmen sounded better, because I've liked her so much and I was disappointed last week when she was sick - she didn't sound that great...now I just have to figure out how to get back up there! I'm glad you got to see her!
 Jun 25 2008, 08:17:10 AM
elphie's magic...I kind of thought that too, even though I prefer her to Donna. With her being out as much as it seemed to me (50% of 6 times going, no matinees) I just couldn't imagine they would bring Carmen to Broadway - which made me really sad!! However, other people have said I just have really bad luck and she has impeccable attendance. So - I don't know about that. It's frustrating though!!

To zameda - audiences have been hit or miss, on Friday night it was totally lackluster wi

Jun 22 2008, 06:07:34 PM
I actually saw it Friday and Saturday (I bought two sets of tickets to ensure I saw Carmen...I have terrible luck when it comes to seeing her, and I love her voice!).

Friday, the whole principal cast was on. Did a great job, seemed like Carmen was phoning in. No riffing at all, straight to the score, she did "talk-singing" more than she actually sang. I was kind of disappointed because the times I have seen her before she is fantastic.

Saturday: Donna was in, as well as u/s f

re: Jackee Harry to join Wicked on Tour!
 May 27 2008, 06:55:30 PM
I think they are both fantastic, the best Wicked cast I've seen maybe. Carmen's got a great belt. Katie's 'Popular' is hilarious.
re: Message from Stephanie J. Block about recent absences
 May 25 2008, 08:39:39 PM
I was curious in reading your posts about Carmen...I saw her on tour and loved her, I thought she was maybe the best I had seen. I also saw Donna, and while her acting was probably better, I thought Carmen's vocals were FAR superior, just fantastic, and I liked her take on Elphaba a little better...kind of cynical. What did you think, or anybody that has seen Carmen, think about her vocals? SJB just doesn't ring with me, I don't know why.
Sutton's typical day.
 Apr 8 2008, 08:22:37 AM
For whoever knows - when a principal role has a standby (as opposed to, or in addition to, an understudy), do they have to attend all rehearsals? When a cast is touring, what kind of rehearsal schedule does the principal cast actually have?
re: What's a Broadway performer's typical day like?
 Apr 7 2008, 10:52:22 PM
I have wondered this too...especially about the meal thing. There is no way I could get up there and belt it out after eating anything more than a couple bites!
re: Carmen Cusack Clip
 Mar 9 2008, 06:18:25 PM
Thanks! I really want to see her again before the tour ends..in case she doesn't end up in the Broadway production like I want her to! It just seems like the timing would be so perfect...
re: Carmen Cusack Clip
 Mar 9 2008, 11:40:26 AM
I love Carmen Cusack, but man I have had the worst luck trying to see her! The tour is here in Cleveland, and the first time I saw it, I saw Carmen and she was unbelievable. I had to see it again! Now, I have gone 3 separate times on different days of the week, and I've gotten either the standby or understudy each time! Does anyone know/heard anything about whether she will still be on the tour in Buffalo in July? My hope is that when Kerry is done on Broadway, Carmen will be done at the same ti
re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
 Feb 25 2008, 02:17:15 PM
I just read the release more closely...it says Kerry will be going back to London by the end of the year anyway. Is there any place we can send comments about who the theater community would like to see more of?
re: Stephanie J Block to be replaced by Kerry Ellis in WICKED this summer
 Feb 25 2008, 02:10:27 PM
I was personally hoping they would put in Carmen Cusack from the national tour after it ends. She's phenomenal...good belt. Kerry is good, but can they please get some new blood in there?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You