News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for crc03772

crc03772 Profile Photo
Member Name: crc03772
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

N2N Arizona Theatre Co. / San Jose Repertory
 Sep 24 2012, 06:35:32 PM
I can't wait to see this!! I already have my tickets to 2 different performances next month. Although I think Kendra as Diana is an interesting choice, i'm willing to go in with an open mind, with hope that she does it justice.
Re:
 Aug 13 2012, 05:23:50 PM
Thank you, thank you, this helps a lot!!
"Company" Original (or current) Score Vs. 1996 Score
 Aug 13 2012, 04:05:56 PM
I have an audition for a local production of Company next week. I have a copy of the score which is labeled "1996". Each recording I have heard regarding "Someone Is Waiting" and "Being Alive" is higher on the recording (by 1 and 1/2 steps)than the score I have.

What my question is, is for anyone with the original score or the current published score, is, what key is "Someone Is Waiting" in? And, what key does "Being Alive" end in? In the score I have the first is completely in E

Sneak Preview of
 Jan 10 2012, 12:50:55 AM
no, being to much star powe is NOT a bad thing, but in comparasion to the other people in the show...she just doesn't fit in...
Sneak Preview of
 Jan 10 2012, 12:50:47 AM
no, being to much star powe is NOT a bad thing, but in comparasion to the other people in the show...she just doesn't fit in...
Sneak Preview of "Smash", my thoughts...
 Jan 9 2012, 11:13:11 PM
I was able to attend a sneak preview of "Smash" tonight. It's a top notch show with top notch actors. Katherine McPhee was a pleasant suprise as I had minimal expectations of her. She is the lead and I can honestly say she can carry the show. The only person I felt was a little out of place is Megan Hilty. I love the girl, but I just felt her star power is too big and more meant for the stage and not TV. Though, she did wow me during the baseball number written for the Marilyn musical. The
Phantom of the Operan 25th Aniversary Live from Royal Albert Hall in movie theatre's Oct. 2nd...
 Sep 8 2011, 01:45:32 PM
I didn't see this posted anywhere, so I thought I'd post the link here:

http://glassprism.tumblr.com/post/9924259777/phantom-live-in-cinemas-for-25th-anniversary

Showtunes appropriate for a wedding
 Aug 15 2011, 05:35:26 PM
Although I have no intentions of doing so, I though IF ever I did get married, I would want "I Believe My Heart..." from The Woman In White played or sung at my wedding...
Working in Chicago closing early
 May 10 2011, 04:05:52 PM
I saw this in Chicago last week while I was there. I really thought overall it was a brilliant production. Standouts for me were Michael Mahler and Emjoy Gavino. I like all the updated music, monologues, the additions and didn't really miss any of the omissions from the original show (Un Mejor Dia Vendra). Lin Manuel Miranda's songs in particular were a great addition. It's sad to see this show go so soon, but it had a great run. I just hope future community productions can incorporate the
WHITE NOISE slammed in Chicago Tribune
 Apr 11 2011, 04:00:24 PM
Well, i'm very interested to at least check it out, so I bought tickets to see it when i'm in Chicago in May. Actually I purchased a groupon so I ended up paying half price. If anyone is interested, the groupon is still up for a bit longer:

http://www.groupon.com/chicago/deals/white-noise

White Noise - Thoughts?
 Apr 9 2011, 06:15:54 PM
I know what you are saying :) The only reason i'm seeing Next To Normal is that it isn't travelling to my city, I didn't see in on Broadway and it happens to be there when I am. Thank you for the suggestions!
White Noise - Thoughts?
 Apr 9 2011, 05:53:02 PM
I will be in Chicago May 3-8 and am already seeing Next To Normal, I was thinking of seeing this...do you think it would be worth seeing? Other suggestions of what to see there? (besides Spring Awakening, i've already seen that and that's on the bottom of my list if there are other things are a must to see)...
Lin-Manuel Miranda's Performance On Tour
 Jun 21 2010, 01:22:43 PM
I saw him and he was brilliant to say the least...I was sitting in the second row and was just totally blown away by him...after the show he did a talkback with the audience...he has to be one of the nicest guys i've ever met, very humble and appreciative. I am so glad he was there and also glad he will be playing Usnavi in the movie (he confirmed this him self during the talk back). Thomas Kail (the origianal director) was there too...such a great day!
In The Heights Tour Usnavi
 Jun 21 2010, 01:19:59 PM
I actually saw both shows on Saturday in AZ...Lin-Manuel was absolutely amazing and probably the nicest guy i've ever met...the evening show that night, Joseph Morales played Usnavi...and didn't do much for me in comparision to Lin-Manuel...Either way, still an amazing show, something i'd see over and over again, given the chance!
re: IN THE HEIGHTS - who signed my window card?
 Dec 7 2008, 03:27:12 AM
hmmm I know him, he's not a one trick pony, just hung like one....
"Were the World Mine"
 Nov 14 2008, 11:47:55 AM
Yes, I know, off-topic, but it's a musical, so I thought i'd post it here.

Anyone seen this movie/musical? The trailer looks awesome! I just bought the soundtrack and it's interesting, I don't know if it's all that great yet, i'll have to give it a couple more listens. Anyhow, anyones thoughts on this?

re: Break-up or moving on showtunes?
 Oct 24 2008, 04:29:05 PM
Heaven Help My Heart-Chess

Tell Me On A Sunday, Take that Look Off Your Face-Tell Me On a Sunday (Song and Dance)

Old Friend-I'm Getting My Act Together and Taking It On the Road

I'm Not Afraid-Songs For A New World

re: Lines from Broadway songs that would make great t-shirts
 Oct 2 2008, 03:50:42 PM
"What are you staring at? It's my charisma, huh?" -Company-
re: Best Belters on Broadway (Post Golden Age)
 Oct 2 2008, 01:31:57 PM
I see you lean towards the women belters...again a controversial subject, but yes, men can too belt! :)

Anywho my short list (in no particular order):
1. Idina Menzel
2. Sherie Rene-Scott
3. Patti Lupone
4. Adam Pascal
5. Michael Ball
6. Raul Esparza
7. Andrea Burns
8. Sutton Foster
9. Jennifer Holliday
10. Linda Eder

Best Belters on Broadway (Post Golden Age)
 Oct 2 2008, 12:49:04 PM
Ok, before I get reamed a new one, I did a search on this and couldn't find a thread.

So, in your opinion who do you think are the best Belter's from the late 60's to today? (Post Golden Age is always subjective, but I always say this period started with rock musicals, Hair, JCS, etc etc)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You