News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dalefully

dalefully Profile Photo
Member Name: dalefully
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Best Movie Scores of 2008
 Dec 28 2008, 10:33:16 PM
Okay, so I just saw Slumdog Millionaire last night, and I must say the score was every bit as breathtaking as the film itself and pretty much made it for me.
re: Best Movie Scores of 2008
 Dec 28 2008, 10:32:26 PM
Okay, so I just saw Slumdog Millionaire last night, and I must say the score was every bit as breathtaking as the film itself and pretty much made it for me.
re: Passing Strange - Favorite Song?
 Dec 28 2008, 10:30:31 PM
Either Come Down Now or Stoned.
re: Suggestion for a High School show
 Dec 19 2008, 07:43:59 PM
Uggh, please don't do Urinetown! Regardless of the quality of the show, every single high school has been doing that for the last three years and it is getting so obnoxious.
re: You Know It's Community Theatre When...
 Dec 19 2008, 07:42:02 PM
The ensemble is in every. single. number.
re: [tos] Gypsy of the Year Number is Up!
 Dec 14 2008, 01:31:39 PM
Am I the only one who this isn't working for? I've tried a few times over the last few days and nothing...
re: Does anyone else have trouble reading Tom Stoppard?
 Dec 10 2008, 04:22:08 PM
Yeah, I think with Stoppard, it might be the kind of thing that you should read once, put it down for a while, then try it again.

I know that with Arcadia, I read it and didn't understand a thing, but as soon as I saw it everything clicked and I couldn't get over how brilliant it was, so...

Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
 Nov 26 2008, 12:49:32 PM
No, it's not on her Christmas album. It was a darker song, and the chorus went to the tune of the Nutcracker if that helps any.

And Bettyboy, I totally agree with you there. If Sarah's concerts are over the top that's just because that's what her whole persona is. Her voice, music, style is all built on that, and the tour is just a reflection of that. Maybe to someone who doesn't know Sarah (and from the review it seems like the critic disliked her in advance, so it wasn't exactly an un

Sarah Brightman SYMPHONY World Tour
 Nov 25 2008, 05:30:44 PM
Haven't read the reviews yet (although, usually I don't care for anything the Herald writes) but the show last night was absolutely INCREDIBLE. I was totally captivated the entire time and I still can't get over some of those notes (also, I was sitting on one of the side loges and thought I had a great view and didn't miss a thing). I'll admit there were some songs I wish she did, but with a repertoire has huge as hers, obviously she can't do everything. Most definitely a night to remember.
re: Guys and Dolls Tickets are on sale
 Nov 23 2008, 05:10:05 PM
Does anyone else wanna talk about actually being excited for it rather than ticket prices?
re: First Post: A to Z Survey
 Nov 23 2008, 05:08:30 PM
A - Assassins
B - Bare
C - Cabaret / Company
D - Dreamgirls
E - Elegies
F - Falsettos
G - Guys and Dolls
H - Hair
I - Into the Woods
J - none
K - Kiss Me, Kate!
L - Light in the Piazza / Little Shop of Horrors
M - none
N - A New Brain
O - does Once count?
P - Parade
Q - none
R - Ragtime
S - Sunday in the Park with George / Sweeney Todd
T - [title of show]
U - none
V - none
W - The Wedding Singer
X - Xanad

re: Who should play Nicely-Nicely Johnson in Guys and Dolls?
 Nov 18 2008, 06:36:56 PM
In the odd chance that Neil Patrick Harris decided to come back to the stage, he'd be fantastic, IMHO.
re: FALSETTOS Revival?
 Nov 17 2008, 08:14:02 PM
Scott, I definitely agree with you, and I feel like Finn was really able to accomplish that with A New Brain. Here, you have a character whose homosexuality is not his defining trait and has pretty much nothing to do with the plot.

Personally, I definitely agree that the gay pop culture has become very one-note in the past few years, but at the same time I don't think I would categorize Falsettos with some of the more recent stuff, since at the time, AIDS and coming out in general were

re: LuPone GYPSY to close March 1
 Nov 13 2008, 08:58:11 PM
That sounds familiar...
re: FALSETTOS Revival?
 Nov 13 2008, 05:55:13 PM
You have no idea how much I'd like to see Falsettos revived. Is Raul Esparza as Marvin too much of a long shot?

SB Tour
 Nov 12 2008, 06:19:11 PM
I'm going to the Boston show...this will be my first time seeing her live, and it really does seem like I've waited forever for this. 12 days!
re: Thoughts: 'Repo: The Genetic Opera' on Broadway?
 Nov 10 2008, 06:58:35 PM
My point exactly. It could be so much better if they weren't trying so hard to become the next Rocky Horror.
re: Thoughts: 'Repo: The Genetic Opera' on Broadway?
 Nov 10 2008, 06:20:50 PM
Lotte - this wouldn't be the first time Repo! is put on stage...it started out as a stage musical in LA.

I also think it could work off-Broadway (although Hilton probably would not agree to do it off-Broadway). I don't really think they have the money to mount it on Broadway. They're taking a very limited approach to just screening the film, it doesn't seem like they're even trying to make money.

Personally, I haven't seen it, but I think the music is nothing spectacula

re: Don't Tell Mama's Broadway Bombs
 Nov 9 2008, 03:23:50 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think they have an age limit. And as for the drink, you can just get a soda.
re: Todd Buonopane on '30 Rock'
 Nov 7 2008, 08:01:33 PM
Oh my goodness, I knew he looked familiar! His bit was absolutely hilarious.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You