News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for KeepCool

KeepCool Profile Photo
Member Name: KeepCool
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Why no Cinderella posts recently?
 Feb 23 2013, 05:22:44 PM
I think all the criticism is making me even more curious to see it, maybe not the intended effect but definitely picking up a cheap ticket sometime soon.
Chita is out of Drood.
 Feb 23 2013, 05:20:37 PM
Can't wait to see Samonsky in the part. Are there union guidelines regarding cutting entire tracks from the show/putting actors in in tracks that aren't theirs? The whole situation sounds like it wouldn't be copacetic with Equity.
Jessie Mueller to replace Kelli O'Hara in NICE WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT on April 2!
 Feb 20 2013, 08:22:03 PM
How about Funny Girl next? I know it's been mentioned on here before but I really think she would be a revelation as Fanny.
Jessie Mueller to replace Kelli O'Hara in NICE WORK IF YOU CAN GET IT on April 2!
 Feb 20 2013, 05:06:20 PM
I wonder if she will be billed above the title like Kelli?
 Feb 20 2013, 11:20:30 AM
I had written this show off but Mueller will definitely get me to see it.
DROOD Audience Voting Result Chart
 Feb 2 2013, 11:11:54 PM
"being that she is giving a very racist portrayal of a Ceylonese young woman. Who knows."

I hope that was sarcasm?

Jan 27 2013, 08:16:34 PM
I don't want to stir up trouble but I know for a fact that certain performances have been "pushed" to end certain ways. It's true, Neville won only three or four times for the first three months of the run, and now he's won four times in the past week. The only change is that Andrew Samonsky is now watching the show preparing to begin performances. I think it's pretty obvious why they need to do this, but I do feel bad for anyone hoping to see any of the other actors in the near future.
 Jan 26 2013, 11:57:05 PM
I was at the show with BritishAmI and I noticed the same thing they did, that it certainly seemed that the voting went way the opposite direction of what it sounded like to me when they did the voting.
re: Bway Actors Currently on TV Commercials
 Sep 24 2009, 07:25:45 PM
Really? That's Andy? It sounds nothing like him!
re: Gaelen Gilliland on tonight as Judy
 Aug 5 2009, 09:46:30 PM
I guess it depends on your definition of challenging. For a performer in good vocal health, the score isn't really all that challenging, especially compared to some of SJB's previous roles (Wicked and even The Pirate Queen were much harder). I'd think it's harder to do what Allison does and land the comedy bits of the show than to just go out and sing, but that's just me. Allison literally carries the show on her shoulders, and she hasn't been out once. I remember hearing a story about how she was sick once and drank Pedialyte in the wings between scenes and just pushed through. It's really inspiring that in a day and age where people will call out over a hangover, there are people like Allison and Orfeh, and Andy Karl, and apparently Megan who hasn't missed a show yet either, who you can rely on and book your tickets any time and know you'll get to see them if you're a fan. Nothing against people who have poor immune systems, I know plenty of them myself, but it's unfortunate for fans of certain performers to miss them in shows sometimes because of attendance issues. We all know, me especially, that understudies can be just as good and sometimes better but no one can deny that it's disappointing to spend money and sometimes travel to see someone in a show and miss them!

I personally had a hard time catching Sutton in a few shows, but luckily I live in the city, so I can try again, not everyone has that luxury.

re: Stephanie J. Block's 'Get Out & Stay Out' is now on the 9to5 Website.
 Jan 25 2009, 11:53:26 PM
Oi. Allison is much better than Stephanie in the show, having actually seen it. And is UNDOUBTEDLY more of a "lead" than SJB. I'd love to see her nominated and win in featured.
re: Broadwayguy2 and his Hairspray good bye
 Jan 6 2009, 02:51:17 PM
But were you INSIDE the Hairspray can?
re: Adorable 'ASK A STAR' video with Jane Krakowski
 Jul 27 2008, 11:49:53 PM
In that picture, a little, I just don't really see it. IMO, Jane is MUCH prettier than Julia.
re: Adorable 'ASK A STAR' video with Jane Krakowski
 Jul 26 2008, 12:53:49 PM
"I never realized how much she looks like Julia Murney!"

Really? I don't think she looks like Julia Murney at all.

Great interview, VERY funny. She's gorgeous, I'd kill for her body and her hair.

Kaitlin Hopkins to play the mom in Dirty Dancing: Onstage National Tour
 Jul 2 2008, 01:19:15 PM
This has been posted in a lot of places...her official myspace (myspace.com/kaitlinhopkinsmusic) being the main source. Anyone know anything about this show/the size of that part/whether it's worth checking out the tour?

I hope Kaitlin comes back to the NY Stage soon.

re: Kaitlin Hopkins Launches Music Myspace and Actors' Resource
 Jun 26 2008, 09:38:25 PM
I loved reading her influences, really interesting.
re: Laura Bell Bundy Plays Final 'Legally Blonde' Performance 7/20
 Jun 14 2008, 03:15:01 AM
elphaba.scares.me,

Don't you have something better to do, Paul? :)

re: My second viewing of Legally Blonde
 Apr 23 2008, 12:52:04 AM
Re: Haven, I hate her as Margot. I think her over the top "ghetto" type performance is ridiculous, unfunny, and painful to watch. Annaleigh, Becky, and Beth are all leaps and bounds better than she is.

However, she is phenomenal as Elle. I really enjoyed her voice and acting in that part, and can understand why they hired her as an Elle understudy. I just wish she were an offstage standby, rather than playing a role that she isn't any good in.

But I guess none of it really mat

re: Tony Award Eligibility decisions today
 Apr 10 2008, 06:17:00 PM
I think Mandy has a great shot at snagging that fifth slot, she's wonderful in ITH.
re: Rush Drama
 Mar 11 2008, 05:49:35 PM
"Anyway, back to the issue at hand, nobody was punished for what happened and nothing has been done and it's been far well over a week, so maybe you should just let it go (seeing as apparently the nederlander and everyone at the box office has) and assume that there was no "foul play" at the box office and that these people paid full price for these tickets and did nothing wrong. All this drama for nothing...well wouldn't that be just great...oh well, at least there was an amusing thread that came from it all. I guess that's a plus."

Oh, BARNONE..it's funny how much amusement you get from this thread...but I guess it's okay, because I laughed REALLY REALLY hard when you tried to sell your friends out to Orfeh, and only succeeded in being friendless. I guess that plan didn't really work out for you, huh? Oh well! It's STILL funny.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You