News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for hotjohn

hotjohn Profile Photo
Member Name: hotjohn
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Can I see Violet at 8pm and make it to Hedwig at 10pm?  Jul 29 2014, 06:34:37 PM
No Broadway show starts at the advertised time, people are always drifting in five minutes or more after the "curtain up" time. Here in London when the show starts exactly on time, I turn to my husband and say "This would never happen on Broadway".
re: Actors that phoned in their performance  Jul 29 2014, 06:28:16 PM
For me, it would have to be Topol in Gigi at the Open Air Theatre, Regents Park in London. He didn't phone in his performance, he texted it in - he looked as though he didn't know who or where he was!
Hedwig's future  Jul 29 2014, 06:23:01 PM
I'm just putting this out there.

If Hedwig comes to London there's one person who I think would be awesome in the lead role. I saw him a couple of weeks ago in the guise of his country and western alter ego, Tina C - Christopher Green. I know he's not a name but, believe me, he would be amazing!

Songs of Spiderman Book  Jul 23 2014, 06:28:58 PM
I loved this book (and I read it in it one day!). I would heartily recommend it to anyone who has any intention of joining the company of a Broadway show, be it performance, production, publicity. It reads like a murder mystery!
Michelle Williams Extends in CABARET  Jul 23 2014, 06:22:41 PM
And, I'm not sure anyone has mentioned here, her English accent was quite impeccable!
THE RIVER to offer  May 13 2014, 04:44:07 PM
I needed hard liquor to get through Lady Day!
Holler If Ya Hear Me  Apr 4 2014, 05:14:28 PM
Mr Roxy, my first thought was "we can make more money with a flop than with a hit"!
Holler If Ya Hear Me  Apr 4 2014, 04:58:06 PM
I cannot believe this is playing The Palace. What are the chances of it getting full houses? It's a big theatre but this has Off-Broadway (and if anyone comes maybe we'll transfer later) written all over it.
Kinky Boots seat advice please?  Apr 4 2014, 04:53:54 PM
Centre of Row A in the Mezzanine is perfect, when you sit upright you can't even see the front row of the orchestra, all you can see is the stage. I've been there twice (and once about six rows back in the orchestra) and wouldn't sit anywhere else.
Telecharge! GRRRR!!!!!!  Apr 4 2014, 04:40:19 PM
I agree, Telecharge customer service is so good. They've swapped tickets for me when better seats came available, refunded when I had to cancel and swapped when I realised I had booked for the week before I was arriving from London! I just wish it was as easy to book tickets online with them as it is with Ticketmaster.
Shows you almost left at intermission, ended up enjoying?  Dec 12 2012, 01:50:04 PM
Oops, of course I meant "Serious Money"!
Shows you almost left at intermission, ended up enjoying?  Dec 7 2012, 07:38:11 PM
Act II of The Addams Family was better than Act I because they dropped the thin plot and just did their own party pieces.

For me it has to be Caryl Churchill's "Easy Money" at Wyndhams Theatre, London in 1987. The show was told in rhyming couplets which took some time to get used to, however, it was the strong language that put many people off and quite a few left the theatre in the first ten minutes or so. Act 1 ended with a song by Ian Dury, every other word of which was the C word. O

Really?? He/She is still alive?!  Aug 26 2012, 07:19:28 PM
I saw Mickey Rooney on stage two years ago. He played Baron Hardup in Cinderella at Milton Keynes Theatre in England - he was 89 at the time!
Jerry Springer: The Opera  Jul 12 2012, 02:46:03 PM
It's a shame that it never made it to Broadway before Book of Mormon as Mormon has kind of stolen its thunder.
I'll bet we won't see anything like THIS on the Tony broadcast tonight.  Jun 10 2012, 01:08:44 PM
Golden Rainbow looks like a Roger de Bris production!
Sunset Boulevard - Movie Dream Cast  May 2 2012, 01:23:14 PM
I know she's probably too old to play the role in the movie, but for my money, Shirley MacLaine would have made an amazing Norma.
Ricky Shaved off the Moustache following the Tony snub?  May 2 2012, 01:19:14 PM
I think the moustache was hoping for a nomination - having been snubbed it's left town (If Ricky says otherwise he's a barefaced liar).
West End Theater Attire  Apr 26 2012, 06:00:44 PM

Here's what I wore to Love Never Dies!

Carmen Ghia audition song suggestions...  Apr 22 2012, 04:02:56 PM
I Enjoy Being A Girl from Flower Drum Song
Homoeroticism in NEWSIES  Mar 27 2012, 05:25:46 AM
Maybe they could do a special unclothed performance once a month - and call it "Nudies!"
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You