News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for orion59

orion59 Profile Photo
Member Name: orion59
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Web Site: http://danperezgallery.com
Blog Address:

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: JV92 Sees Follies- Saturday Afternoon  Feb 12 2007, 05:18:15 PM
Sorry, I misread. It was long trip from NY back to Boston. I'm tired and not comprehending. Never the less, I'll bet Kringas has had at least one or two gayer moments than that.
re: JV92 Sees Follies- Saturday Afternoon  Feb 12 2007, 04:39:55 PM
"I don't think I had a gayer moment in my life than when that curtain rose up to reveal her in that white dress and Rita Hayworthy [sic] wig."

Oh come now, PJ clutching your knee had to be gayer.

Victoria owned that song like nobody else ever has. She did bring a quality to it that I don't think anyone has ever captured before.

The entire hsow was magificent but there were some real stand outs. Joanne Woreley, Mimi Hines, the new elvel of depth that Donna Murphy gave t

re: Patti Lupone at Reagle Players  Nov 20 2006, 06:28:09 PM
Was Patti drunk off her ass? What a ridiculous thing to say. Why is it that people always want to assume that the reason for a performers out of charater behavior is alcohol?

If you've ever seen her do this type of concert before, you would realize that free from the constartints of book, libretto and role, she loves to let loose and get completely absorbed in the music and the audience. She likes to make a connection with the audience by playing with them.

I saw the show Sunda

re: The Skeleton Key - Is it being overhyped?  Aug 14 2005, 08:36:38 AM
The 40 Year Old Virgin? Corine, why didn't you tell us they made a movie based on your life? That's wonderful.
re: self affirmation - is it a bunch of crap?  Aug 7 2005, 02:45:53 PM
"Who am I to argue with that works for people? To some, self-help look like a crock. To others, maybe it actually helps. No one way of living works for everybody."

You know, I almost agree with you. I think it's a crutch, it's a way of not taking responsibility or action, it's a way to blame the universe for your problems, but if you enjoy it, fine.

My problem with the whole thing is that it really doesn't seem to help. If that type of thing helped people, they wouldn't be runn

re: Question for gay couples.  Aug 7 2005, 01:48:39 PM
No we don't. If we were married, we would wear them, but since we are not taking that step yet, I get to be ring free a little longer.....I really don't like wearing jewelry very much. For some reason it annoys me. Especially rings. I find myself having to take them off after a while.
re: Self Affirmation - Is it a bunch of crap?  Aug 7 2005, 01:45:48 PM
Marquise, there's a book I would actually enjoy reading. No nurturing your inner brat, no daily affirmations in the bathroom mirror or regressing into past lives. Just shut up, accept the fact that life isn't always what you want and move along.
re: fleet week in fringenyc starring me!  Jul 28 2005, 07:17:32 PM
Damn! I look terrible in pink. I want an I "heart" Robbie tee in a powder blue. Will there be I "heart" Robbie boxer briefs available? I'll a half dozen....on second thought, make it a full dozan, I go through them quickly, especially when Robbie is around.

Congrats on landing the role. It seems everything is falling into place for you lately and it's well deserved.

re: Orgasms...I can't even fake that I thought it was good.  May 30 2005, 12:43:37 PM
Sueleen, funny you should Defending The Caveman. That is exactly what I thought of after seeing Orgasms. Stale, overdone jokes based on gender stereotypes.

Itwas a bit frightening that many of the poeople in teh audience did relate. It makes me wonder about their relationships. If you can so easily realte to the fact that couples deceive one another, lie, manipulate and use sex as a weapon, then ether is somethings eriously wrong with your relationship. At first, I thought I just wasn't

re: Orgasms...I can't even fake that I thought it was good.  May 29 2005, 09:09:46 PM
Great review and very accurate. This was the worst show I've ever seen. It was one stale, over used joke after another based on the idea that men are driven only by their penis and women are superficial, manipulative creatures who use sex as a way to get what they want, which, apparently is just shoes and clothes.

This show reinforces every negative sterotype that makes up a bad realtionship between a man and woman.

The actress in it can only be described as annoying. Worst ac

re: Trevor Project Honors Tony Kushner at Crobar  May 24 2005, 08:45:02 PM
Oh Sueleen, when will you ever learn?
re: Lucille Lortels  May 4 2005, 08:00:41 PM
Sueleen, I heard that Nina did her signature song. You know the one. It's the one that people most associate with her.
re: Rob 'robbiej' Maitner in BASKET CASE!  Apr 23 2005, 09:25:44 AM
This thread deserves a bump so that everyone can read it. How can we have allowed Robbie's thread to slip to page 2?

Break a leg Robbie!

re: robbie 'theatre god(dess)' maitner  Mar 25 2005, 12:12:50 PM
If the show were just a couple of weeks later I would be there. I think Robbie should do videos for those of us who can't make it. I promise to pay if you promise to deliver, Robbie.

re: Sweet Charity -BOSTON REVIEWS  Mar 24 2005, 08:13:12 AM
That review seems to echo the sentiments of everyone I know who has seen it. Not only does the show fail to give us something new, it can't even successfully recreate the old. It's unfortunate because, in the right hands, this may have been a very good revival.
I was supposed to go see it this weekend but ended up giving my tickets away after hearing just how dull this production is.

If Broadway World Were....  Mar 16 2005, 08:25:04 AM
Edited....I meant to post on off topic board
For Chita Fans in NYC  Feb 22 2005, 01:35:37 PM
FEINSTEIN'S at the Regency Hotel (540 Park Avenue, NYC - 1-212-339-4095 - http://www.feinsteinsattheregency.com/ ) is proud to present the debut engagement of Tony Award winning Broadway legend Chita Rivera from February 22nd through March 12th. "And Now I Sing," her all-new show, is an intimate evening of song featuring works by Jerry Herman, Cy Coleman, Jacques Brel, Carol Hall, Jule Styne, and Kander & Ebb. She will be joined by a trio led by Musical Director Mark Hummel. The show will play the following schedule: Tuesday through Saturday at 8:30 pm with late shows on Friday and Saturday at 11:00 pm. All shows have a $60 cover. There is a $40 minimum for early shows and a $30 minimum for late shows.

re: Come Back to the Five and Dime, Jimmy Dean...  Feb 11 2005, 11:59:27 AM
I think that Kathy Bates could at least still pull off the role of Stella May but then that was type casting anyway.

Cher's face doesn't move. If you've ever seen it up close it looks like a porceline mask.

re: Come Back to the Five and Dime, Jimmy Dean...  Feb 11 2005, 11:53:56 AM
I think Cher and Karen Black would be rather frightening to watch onstage now. As much as I love Karen, I just don't think she has in her anymore. She would now be more convincing as an aging drag quenn than she would a transgendered woman.

I adored Sandy Dennis in everything she did early in her career before she started taking parts in C grade horror movies.

re: Come Back to the Five and Dime, Jimmy Dean...  Feb 11 2005, 11:47:07 AM
I am actually directing a production of this show which opens tonight. The problem I've always found with other productions I've seen is that the symbolism, forshadowing and depth of character is ovften missed or intentionally glossed over the sake of comedy. When played as a drama that happens to have comic moments, it can still work.

In doing this particular production, I analyzed the script scene by scene, line by line and found that there is a lot more to it than initially meets th

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You