News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for BWayJunkie

BWayJunkie Profile Photo
Member Name: BWayJunkie
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Times Square Bomb Scare Affects Some Broadway Shows
 May 2 2010, 01:22:40 AM
allofmylife, in front of the Come Fly Away stage door, across from the 45th street side of the Minskoff/Lion King entrance
Times Square Bomb Scare Affects Some Broadway Shows
 May 2 2010, 12:39:25 AM
Come Fly Away started at about 8:30 tonight but the cast and a lot of the musicians had to come through the main entrance of the theatre because the SD was blocked. Most shows in the immediately affected area probably started late (i.e. Lion King at 9pm)
re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
 Aug 11 2009, 12:38:50 AM
Oh, I had no idea.. His ability to dance was my biggest worry of this rumor but its good to know that he can dance. Whoever it is I hope he's good. With both of them though because I love Scarlett as Mary. And Jenn I feel would make a good Mary as well... Hopefully they announce this soon!
re: The next Mary Poppins on Broadway will be...anyone??
 Aug 10 2009, 01:49:50 PM
Regarding Christian Borle as Bert... Can he dance? I've only seen him in LB and would think the answer is now, though I may very well be wrong... Bert has to be a dancer as well; can Christian do it... Honestly, b/c I don't know.
re: Karen Olivo Out of 'West Side Story' Tonight
 Jul 9 2009, 11:42:22 AM
She felt her voice suffering a bit last night so they told her to take the night off and feel better rather than have her lose several performances over the weekend. Hopefully she does in fact feel better today.
 Jun 28 2009, 12:03:05 PM
lol, yea, i was talking about Cody.. sorry, i didn't realize i didnt specify.. it was too early in the morning but i figured i post anyway... Idk his return date though but I've been holding off seeing the show again b/c Karen was out but if she's really back, then I am glad she's better and the show has their star back!
 Jun 28 2009, 02:12:39 AM
he's had sinus issues since before the Tony's.. i believe something serious enough to require surgery... he'll be back though, as far as I know...
re: So, what's everyone seeing on June 9th?
 Jun 9 2009, 02:45:57 PM
heard word that karen won't be in WSS tonight due to illness..
re: The Most Effective Blackout in a Production
 Apr 11 2009, 08:24:39 PM
One that I thought was particularly memorable to me was at the end of The Lion King; the blackout at the end of the Circle of Life Reprise that closes the show (before the curtain call). I thought it was very powerful because the entire cast was on stage singing the same note and then BLACKOUT. The power of it may also be due, in part, to the intense bass that the blackout is accompanied by (as well as at the end of Circle of Life at the start of the show).
re: Minorities and the Theatre: A Discussion
 Apr 11 2009, 02:08:22 PM
The way you go about seeing several shows a week is exactly how I do it too! Student rush, lottery, etc. I feel though that that kind of information is known to people who are already involved in the realm of Broadway. Any random person walking down the street in [insert neighborhood here] may not know this and should be alerted to this.

I also agree with WhizzerMarvin, as with others, that a lot of it I'm sure has to do with comfort. Everyone knows that you can see a movie in sho

re: difference between equity and non equity tours
 Apr 11 2009, 02:08:07 PM
This is just my two cents of what I think. I'm not stating what I'm about to say as fact because I live in NYC and am seeing my first ever tour in Chicago in May (Mary Poppins and the sit-down of Jersey Boys). To AndAllThatJazz, for some shows like Spring Awakening, I don't know why they wouldn't do a short run in a small town. It isn't a big budget show, so what do the producers have to lose. I haven't seen Mamma Mia! but I'm assuming that also isn't a huge spectacle of a show and thus coul
re: Minorities and the Theatre: A Discussion
 Apr 10 2009, 04:12:37 PM
I think it has more to do with one's mindset than race necessarily. I am an African-American male and have seen 85% of the shows on Broadway at any given time for the past 14 or so months. That's just what I do. I was born and raised here and while Broadway hasn't been a passion of mine my entire life, it definitely is now and that is why I make it a point to see at least 3 shows a month. In my mind that is normal, but to one of my neighbors (I live literally In The Heights) it may not be, r
re: Mary Poppins in Chicago Reviews
 Mar 16 2009, 10:23:01 PM

re: WEST SIDE STORY first preview tonight; reviews??
 Feb 24 2009, 02:18:56 AM

re: Easy Rush Tix
 Jul 30 2008, 06:37:27 PM

re: New Amsterdam Stage Door Question and Answer:
 Jul 30 2008, 06:24:41 PM

re: Ever write a musical?
 Jul 21 2008, 09:18:52 PM

re: Ever write a musical?
 Jul 21 2008, 06:21:18 AM

re: Legally Blonde logo/posters
 Jul 21 2008, 05:55:29 AM

re: Was anyone at Laura Bell's last show?
 Jul 21 2008, 05:49:00 AM

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You