News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for westcoastdrama

Member Name: westcoastdrama
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Great Score, Shame About The Book  Jun 17 2008, 04:16:18 PM
Clearly "In The Heights " fits right into this category. I also don't think history will be kind to its score either.

re: Grade the 2008 Tony performances...  Jun 16 2008, 02:12:08 PM
With brief explanations:

SOUTH PACIFIC: A+ Spot on perfection for television

CRY-BABY: A Ironically, the only solid performance by a new best musical nominee. The only new show my mother and grandmother want to go see based off of the telecast.

YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN: B+ For all of the negativity surrounding it, it looked funny and Megan knows how to work the small screen

A LITTLE MERMAID: B+ I'm not a fan but every family will be headed th

re: cry baby......Go Cry-Baby  May 13 2008, 06:32:33 PM
TD Hot:

Let's take it offline and bet on that choreography Tony. My boy Ashford has it in the bag.

re: cry baby......tony noms bought by producers clearly  May 13 2008, 06:02:48 PM
As a follow up to my last message, what if, just if, Xanadu, PS and ITH split the votes evenly among the Tony voters and then CB slips in there out of nowhere?

OH JOY. Chew on that one - let's start a thread. Just think, hell might freeze over that day too. The Boards will be so fun. We can only hope . . .

re: cry baby......tony noms bought by producers clearly  May 13 2008, 05:58:48 PM
"Let us know when they win those nominations, won't you?"

Well, I'm fairly certain that CB will win one for choreography and A Catered Affair will win nothing.

And since pigs are flying according to all of you , maybe it will win the big enchilada. Now that would be a good time, no?

re: cry baby......Go Cry-Baby, Go!  May 13 2008, 05:31:16 PM
Quiet. What's that sound?

It's all of you cry-babies out there in broadwayworld.com message board land.

I am thrilled that Cry-Baby was nominated for FOUR - YES COUNT THEM - FOUR TONY AWARD NOMINATIONS! Can't wait to see the cast performing (let's hope) "A Little Upset" on the big show. Will blow everybody else away.

Maybe if you all didn't have your panties twisted into such a tight bunch, you might be able to sit back and enjoy a show that is hysterically funny, s

re: GLORY DAYS reviews  May 6 2008, 09:43:47 PM
singingbackup - what happened to your entire post. I thought you really illustrated the point.
re: GLORY DAYS reviews  May 6 2008, 09:35:09 PM
There is nothing wrong with calling anyone a hypocrite based on his/her postings here. I have seen much worse . . .
re: GLORY DAYS reviews  May 6 2008, 07:47:01 PM
Foster is a big ole' hypocrite. He is a fan of the show so is irked at the glee of the Board in its negative reception, yet I have seen him gloat over bad revioews for shows he dismissed. Glory Days does not belong in a Broadway house. End of story. Move on.
re: How long will A Catered Affair Be Able to Last?  Apr 18 2008, 02:25:43 PM
I'm really not trying to be mean spirited. It seems to be a legitimate question even though I know there are a lot of fans of the show.
re: How long will A Catered Affair Be Able to Last?  Apr 18 2008, 02:18:08 PM
J,

Why isn't this a legitimate question? There are always threads on this site discussing why or when a show might close, the consequences of a show having low grosses and/or rumors about shows posting closing notices.

The reality here is A Catered Affair is a small show with a limited audience, which has become even more limited given the fact that the show was essentially panned. It seems reasonable to present the question as to whether or not the show can last even through

How long will A Catered Affair Be Able to Last?  Apr 18 2008, 01:42:32 PM
Based on the majority of negative reviews, just how long do you think the show can last now?
re: I Saw the GLORY DAYS run through today and...  Apr 18 2008, 09:06:22 AM
I heard the show is good too based on a run through. . . from stephen3 who "has no involvement in the show, but [his] boss is one of the investors . . ."
re: I Saw the GLORY DAYS run through today and...  Apr 18 2008, 01:47:13 AM
This board is a riot. You saw a run through - which leads me to believe you have some affiliation to the show. I wish the show the best, but give me a break. I agree with the other poster here - can we please wait for a preview? You can start shilling then.
re: Daytime Talk Show in the Works for Hairspray's Winokur  Apr 17 2008, 02:11:26 PM
It is far off in the distance, but I think I can see patrts of the train wreck now.
The BWW Merry-Go-Round  Apr 6 2008, 06:01:02 PM
Neddyfrank2, you are a bit naive about the way things work. Within thirty seconds on google I found your birthday (silly posters had a thread in 2006 wishing you a happy birthday on a certain December night) and saw some of your pictures. Is this you with Harvey? Are you friends? Do you have some sort of vested interest in another show? The internet is one powerful medium, no?

https://www.broadwayworld.com/viewphoto.cfm?id=20680

Cry-Baby changes/Libelous posters  Apr 6 2008, 02:14:10 PM
you just did
Cry-Baby changes/Libelous posters  Apr 6 2008, 01:42:41 PM
This board (or at least thread) is evolving into something very strange indeed.

Neddyfrank: A free piece of advice - the tort of libel is a very slippery slope. You really need to think twice before you post something on a website - as do all of us. In addition, if you think that some piece of software on your computer that "changes" your IP address every time you log on is going to protect your anonymity , you are sadly mistaken. If there is a legal reason for any one to look into

re: CRY-BABY: They have really fixed it. Now it is a show to see!  Apr 4 2008, 02:06:49 PM
I think the "Jon Stewart generation" actually encompasses people from their teens to their 60s. I meant to articulate the fact that a Jon Stewart type show is new to all of us - thanks to W and his mess. Generation may not be the right word. In any event, I don't think the show needs to be set in present day to appeal to such a mind set.
re: Bernadette Peters as Dolly Levi?  Apr 4 2008, 01:59:01 PM
I'm not a big fan of the show, but if I were to pick it would be Faith Prince.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You